1.    #1  
    I would like to start by saying I love my Treo 600 and that the only way anyone will get it away from me is by prying it from my dead cold fingers . . . with that said I have compiled a list of things that could be addressed with the next software patches from Sprint. Yes, many of you will say that some of these issues are resolved through aftermarket software. My response to you: I paid $600 for the device. Although I will end up fixing these issues with the aftermarket software, I shouldn't have to.

1. "Add Contact" option from call log always adds the number to contacts as a work number. Can we have the option to select which number to add it as?

2. Battery icon will not change to battery percentage icon. Can we please have an option to switch to a %.

3. Contacts should be available from the Palm menus: you shouldn't have the launch the phone

4. Dim settings do not remain when the unit is powered off. The unit always comes back with the bright display.

5. No note pad is included for writing on the notes on the screen. Was this left off for a specific reason? Yes the keyboard is nice for memo, but notepad is still quicker because I can write straight to the screen.

6. No repeat for voicemail notification. I have found many times that I don't see my voicemails for several hours because I miss the initial prompt.

7. Quick keys for dialing numbers do not work from Palm Screens

8. Shift, Alt, and Num lock icons do not appear at the bottom right of the screen while in phone mode. This makes it difficult to know which mode you are in. i.e. searching for an employee by typing their name on the keypad . . .

9. SMS is still not officially functional for Sprint users.

10. Still cannot select MP3's as ringers.

11. Still haven't found a way to add a brief period of silence (i.e. 2 second pause) for auto dialing numbers with an extension.

12. Voicemail does not generate an entry in the mail screen (accessible from the dedicated mail button).

13. An dedicated alarm clock program is a standard for all cell phones and PDA's. Why was one not programed for the Treo? Yes you can program one into the Calender, but its a pain!

If any of you have ways to do the things I have mentioned, please let me know. These minor gripes may may caused from lack of knowledge on my part!
    Last edited by knecoli22; 01/12/2004 at 11:00 AM.
    11. use a comma or two.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by knecoli22
    3. Contacts should be available from the Palm menus: you shouldn't have the launch the phone
    Check out this thread about TreoContacts: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ocontacts.html

5. No note pad is included for writing on the notes on the screen. Was this left off for a specific reason? Yes the keyboard is nice for memo, but notepad is still quicker because I can write straight to the screen.
    Yes, they did not include a lot of applications that might have been nice however they can't include everything. Many applications exist even freeware applications that do what you are asking for.

6. No repeat for voicemail notification. I have found many times that I don't see my voicemails for several hours because I miss the initial prompt.
    TreoAlterMgr will fix that problem for you: http://www.pdaapps.com/treo_600.html

9. SMS is still not officially functional for Sprint users.
    This is in no way Handspring's problem it is Sprint's problem. SMS should be available by the end of the month.

13. An dedicated alarm clock program is a standard for all cell phones and PDA's. Why was one not programed for the Treo? Yes you can program one into the Calender, but its a pain!
    A dedicated alarm clock program is hardly a standard. Take for example the new Sanyo VM4500 released after the Treo 600 that does not have an alarm clock program.

I use MegaClock as I need an alarm clock on a daily basis and MegaClock works well on my Treo.
  4.    #4  
    Where can I get Megaclock? Does it work well with the Keyguard?
  5.    #5  
    Thank you guys for the response . . .
    Where can I get Megaclock? Does it work well with the Keyguard?
    http://www.megasoft2000.com/palm_division/megaclock.htm
  7.    #7  
    Thank you guys for the response . . .
    LookAtMe is freeware alarm app and you can use it to launch any app you wish when the alarm goes off. I wake up with MP3's playing!

mLights controls background lighting for keyboard and when you want this on or off. Saves batteries!

Can't think of URLs at the mo. Do a search!