1.    #1  
    Just bought a Treo 600 and got Pocket Tunes for free when registering. The question is what size SD card to buy.
    Can anyone tell me how much a 128mb and larger card will hold?
    There is no single answer to this question, because it all depends on how compressed your MP3's are. 128Kbit/sec MP3's take just a tiny bit over 1 megabyte per minute, so a 128MB card will hold more or less 2 hours worth of MP3's at 128kbit/sec. 256MB being double, it should hold around 4 hours, etc.

- Mike
    Originally posted by RJK11
    Just bought a Treo 600 and got Pocket Tunes for free when registering. The question is what size SD card to buy.
    Can anyone tell me how much a 128mb and larger card will hold?
    What your card will hold depends on three factors:

length of song
    file format
    bitrate

What I do, which will elicit gasps of horror from some audio purists here, I'm sure, is use CDex or dbPowerAmp to convert songs to Org Vorbis at an 80kbps bit rate. This reduces the songs to an average of two or three megs, which results in about 100 songs on my 256k SD Card, so assume 50 on a 128. Ogg Vorbis provides higher qualoity at lower bt rates than MP3. All the same, someone will jump in here to tell you that my songs must sound like trash and I should jump to 160kbps. I wouldn't know the difference. ;-)

Oh, and 100 isn't enough. I'm shopping for a 512k card.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    I also use CDex and Ogg Vorbis at Quality setting 1 (80 kb/s) and get around 2-3 MB/track. If you can hear the difference in quality on the Treo headset even sitting in a quiet room, your ears are better than mine.

Also ripped my language training CDs, but moved it down to Quality setting 0 and Mono, getting around 1 MB/track.

My 512 MB SD card from Amazon ($140) is on its way. (You can also check out bizrate.com, but I couldn't find anything cheaper.)

Another couple years and we'll be ripping DVDs to play on our Treo 1000s...
    Why wait a couple of years, you can do it now! 160x160 is not that great, but better than I thought it would be. You can store a 2 hours movie on a 256M card. I haven't tried any movie yet, but I had been watching movie trailers and they are pretty cool.