1.    #1  
    I am close to finally upgrading my 300 to a 600. I always preferred flip phones to one piece models. I have concerns about the screen scratching and buttons getting pressed. I always hold my treo in my pocket. Are these legitimate concerns. What do you do to prevent these (screen protectors, key lock, etc...)

If I am reading the CompUSA ad right, the phone is $399 before a $100 mail in rebate. I don't think I can pass up that price. (I am already a Sprint Customer, but I plan on giving my 300 to my wife and being a 'new' customer. Will this work, or is there a better deal out there?
    Originally posted by Fanaka66
    I have concerns about the screen scratching and buttons getting pressed. Are these legitimate concerns. What do you do to prevent these (screen protectors, key lock, etc...)
    Yes they are legitimate, however, as you mentioned, screen protectors and key lock will help. Also, egrips will help if you are going without a case.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I always threaten to leave sprint (I have a biz account and not reg. service) usually when my tone is super pissed off not just bluffing, I can get some additional perks/rebates/etc.
    I'll look for the cancel number or do a forum search and I am sure you'll find it.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Sounds like a good deal to you, less good for your wife ;-)

Amazon offers Treo 600 at $249 for new customers..
    Dominique
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the replies. I saw the Amazon deal, but they don't have them in now.

What screen protector is recommended? And as for locking the keys, is there a program built in to do that? How do you unlock?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I am close to finally upgrading my 300 to a 600. I always preferred flip phones to one piece models. I have concerns about the screen scratching and buttons getting pressed. I always hold my treo in my pocket. Are these legitimate concerns. What do you do to prevent these (screen protectors, key lock, etc...)

If I am reading the CompUSA ad right, the phone is $399 before a $100 mail in rebate. I don't think I can pass up that price. (I am already a Sprint Customer, but I plan on giving my 300 to my wife and being a 'new' customer. Will this work, or is there a better deal out there?
    Concerns not worth having:

scratching - no problem - no protector needed - just do not put with keys in same pocket

buttons getting pressed - no problem - put in pocket facing leg

Concerns worth having:

Palm announces hi res Treo and you blew $300 - but not likely
    Turn the screen off (either of two keys) and the keyboard is locked. Use a two-key sequence to turn the keyboard back on (plus incoming calls turn it on automatically). It is simple and it works to avoid inadvertant calls, etc.
    Personally there is no way I'd chick something this nice and expensive straight into my pockets with no protection. I use the Covertec horizontal leather case. It's not too geeky and big, and protects my investment well.
    I don't generally "chick" things in my pocket either to be honest - I do sometimes chuck them there though!

Just got back from a local CompUSA and picked up the Treo. $50 instant rebate, $150 from Sprint (if you sign up for 2 yr contract), and an additional $100 from CompUSA. Brings the total rebates to $300 bringing the price of the T600 down to $299.