1.    #1  
    I have 2 problems affecting me.

1) It doesn't matter what I'm doing, but every so often the wireless mode will turn off by itself or turn on by itself, and sometimes sequentially.

2) Sometimes my phone will be lying around sleep or I could be doing something on it, it doesn't matter, and the screen will randomly turn on or turn off and sometimes do it in rapid succession.

Has anybody had this problem and if so what caused it? It's becoming very annoying picking up my phone and finding the wireless mode off for who knows how long!
    Is your phone soft resetting? ie do you see the Palm Logo before the wireless cuts off?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    are you using a gsm phone?

And by wireless, you mean the phone part not just the gsm part?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    My wireless Sprint doesn't cut off, but the screen does turn on randomly - often annoying because it affects the battery life, plus the screen is bright enough at night to wake you up.
    Cheers

Charles
  5.    #5  
    I'm using a Sprint CDMA Treo. Its not soft-resetting when the wireless mode turns off. Just out of the clear blue, I'll all of a sudden hear the tone that indicates the wireless mode being turned off and I'll see the goodbye screen. Sometimes the wireless mode will turn right back on by itself.
    actually i had this same issue with my 180. it usually happened to me when i was in a low coverage area though. the tone would sound and the wireless would turn off all by itself. i would try to turn it back on and 2 min later it would turn off again by itself. rinse repeat.

i posted about it last summer but no one gave me a good response. oddly this has stopped happening. it seems to have been a random glitch that comes and goes.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. My Treo600 Sprint turns on by itself (does not reset) randomly. While on, it displays the "Press center button to unlock" message, but doesn't go off after the normal 3-4 seconds it waits for that center button to be pressed. The screen seems to timeout on the Auto-off time (mine is set to a minute of inactivity). It's Really annoying and does eat battery life....
    I just started having this problem with my AT&T GSM phone. And AT&T tech support is the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I'm using a Sprint CDMA Treo. Its not soft-resetting when the wireless mode turns off. Just out of the clear blue, I'll all of a sudden hear the tone that indicates the wireless mode being turned off and I'll see the goodbye screen. Sometimes the wireless mode will turn right back on by itself.
    Do you have TreoHelper installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    My wireless Sprint doesn't cut off, but the screen does turn on randomly - often annoying because it affects the battery life, plus the screen is bright enough at night to wake you up.
    Just started on my phone last night...3:30am to be exact....the screnn would not go off untill I hit the center button on the d pad and then hit the screen off / lock button again. I have NO other programs on the Treo except what came on the CD (Im in my 2 week evaluation period with Sprint), but the Treo was being charged at the time.

Any ideas of the problem / solution?

Thanks
    I had my sprint phone start on its own, and noticed that everytime it happened, it was roaming. Something is wigging it out on the transition from the sprint network.
    LOL that the brightness on the phone will actually wake you up.
    BillK400: there is a thread about the 3:30 thing. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51333
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User