1.    #1  
    Just downloaded the new version of winhand remote access program updated for the treo 600 and I get error 2 cant install every time . anyuone have any luck?

I also sent an email to customer support .
  2.    #2  
    They just got back to me.
    They updated the file and it works.
    I have been a long time fan of Win-Hand, but have still not yet been able to get it to work properly since I got my Treo 600.

I've just tried WinHand 4 hoping it would solve my problems, but they are still there:

-The Up/Down scroll doesn't work quite right. Pushing Up on the 5-way goes Up/Right, not straight up, and pushing down goes down/left (just a minor annoyance).

-There is no Calc key to jump to all 4 corners (again, a minor annoyance)

-The other major issue, is that I keep getting randomly disconnected.
    This did not happen with WinHand on my Visor with a dialup modem, and it does not happen on my Sprint Treo 600 with PalmVNC, so I have to believe it is WinHand that is the problem.

Anybody else having similar problems?
  4.    #4  
    I have the same problem.

It disconects after 10 seconds.

They told me its Norton that causes this and you may have to remove norton completley if you want it to work. I said forget about it.

Stick with WIN-VNC
    Originally posted by VaccPalm
    I have the same problem.

It disconects after 10 seconds.

They told me its Norton that causes this and you may have to remove norton completley if you want it to work. I said forget about it.

Stick with WIN-VNC

I don't even own Norton, hmm. It sounds like they aren't really willing to investigate the problem....
    Which Norton do you mean?

Norton Antivirus? Internet Security? Utilities? Ghost?

Probably Norton Internet Security, the firewall product, I would guess. I would think you would just need to add the right ports, though...
  7.    #7  
    I am currently working with the programs creator on the problem.
    using my pc as a test. hopefully we will be able to solve why this happens .
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I physically bypassed my router and still the same problem with Win-hand 4.0 and treo 600 from sprint.

It initial connection, but when I try and click anything on the screen it pauses and then says the server has closed the connection. I have no firewalls, software or hardware.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I was having some initial problems with dropped connections. I used to have win-hand 3 set to "burst" mode in advanced settings. setting it to "asynch" gives me a stable connection that doesn't drop.

so far, I don't really see too many reasons to upgrade from version 3 to version 4. the speed "increase" isn't noticable to me at all. the treo nav button support is nice scrolling around the desktop, but still doesn't work well with the menus...
    -- berto
    Hi All,

I am new to Palm O/S but was looking for a remote desktop app. I have tried both Win Hand demo and PalmVNC. PalmVNC is out for me from a security point of view but also found it very slow.

Is Win Hand corporate worth getting?? $70 dollars seems a lot of money to spend a program which may have problems with my config. and as demo sans any security I was unwilling to give to give it an extensive test. Comments from seasoned users would be appreciated

cheers

Matt