1.    #1  
    I synch on two machines: a Win 2000 and a Win XP box. On the XP box (and even on my older 98, before it died), when the Palm Hotsynch program began and ended, a sound was made. This does not happen on the Win 2000 box. I've looked for a place to turn this on, but have had no luck. It would help to have the audio signal to know when the hotsynch finished. Any ideas?

TIA

<C>
    I think that what you're hearing on XP is the device connect/disconnect sound. 2000 doesn't support this sound. When I sync on XP I hear a sound from my PC at the beginning and end, but on 2000, nothing.
    Yep. This is an operating system issue (XP/2000) rather than hotsync itself. If you go to Control Panel/Sounds and Multimedia/Sounds you can map a sound to "Open program" and "Close program". However, I guarantee you that you will get very annoyed since this maps to every single program you open. In other words, it will sound about 5 or 6 times when you do a hotsync depending on how many conduits you have.

cash70
    Last edited by cash70; 01/12/2004 at 11:17 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    My Win200 PC doesn't sound on hotsync, but my Treo still does.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yes. As long as your Treo's system sounds are turned on, the Treo will play happy little sounds (I think it sounds happy ) when it starts and finishes a HotSync.