1.    #1  
    I just synched the Adobe Reader for the Palm. Here are my observations thus far:

* To test it, I tried going to a Web site with a PDF link. I downloaded it off the Net and tried to open it without saving the file. My T600 immediately crashed and had to reboot.

* I do have some hacks which might make it crash: mLights, AutoOff, and ClockPop5.

* Is it better to save a adobe document on a SD card first, then open it?

* When I synched the Adobe reader, another program installed on my Treo: PrintMe. There's a Website for it:
    http://www.printme.com/palm

PrintMe looks ok at first (wireless printing), but upon further inspection but it does have a lot of downsides, as the printers haver to have a PrintMe driver on them. Most printetrs wouldn't have that future. In that regards, I can't wait till Bluetooth!

Cheers,

Kevin
    Originally posted by KevMeister
    * Is it better to save a adobe document on a SD card first, then open it?
    I could be wrong, but I believe that you don't have a choice but to download it to the pc first and convert it for the Palm Adobe Reader. Once you open Palm Adobe Reader on your pc, you can select the files you want to transfer. You will then see that the files are converted for the Palm. Once completed, if you click "Preferences" you can select to transfer the files to main memory or the SD card.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by cash70

I could be wrong, but I believe that you don't have a choice but to download it to the pc first and convert it for the Palm Adobe Reader.
    this is correct, the adobe reader cannot read native pdf files. must go through a conversion before it is viewable.

that printme thing was a pain in the **** to delete too when I tried uninstalling it on another pda. but found out you have to do a warm reboot in order to delete it.
    -- berto
    I have tried to use the print me to send a fax and all I get is something like, " this handheld does not have web clippings, you must have web clippings blah blah blah" I thought blazer did that. any help!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by bertopl
    that printme thing was a pain in the **** to delete too when I tried uninstalling it on another pda. but found out you have to do a warm reboot in order to delete it.
    Thanks! I've been trying to delete it using FileZ and Uninstall Manager.

cash
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    anyone know how to get around the webclippings requirement of PrintMe, so one could send info to a fax? it keeps giving me the same error message about web clippings....anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    anyone know how to get around the webclippings requirement of PrintMe, so one could send info to a fax? it keeps giving me the same error message about web clippings....anyone?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $web$ $clipping$ $is$ $not$ $supported$ $on$ $PalmOS$ $5$, $so$ $you$ $can$ $not$ $use$ $clipping$ $applications$ $on$ $Treo$. $In$ $fact$, $web$ $clipping$ $support$ $was$ $recently$ $discontinued$ $for$ $all$ $PalmOS$ $handhelds$, $I$ $guess$ $this$ $is$ $yet$ $another$ $way$ $to$ $persuade$ $people$ $to$ $upgrade$ $to$ $newer$ $devices$. $perhaps$ $PrintMe$ $will$ $be$ $updated$ $to$ $use$ $some$ $new$ $technology$. $or$ $perhaps$ $not$.
    Did you use Profeo today ?