Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's taken me weeks to figure out how to get TB to play nicely with KeyCaps600 - but finally It's sorted!

I've also added an alarm which (as far as I can test) can get through the keyguard, sms / voivemail / other attention mgr alerts and survives a reset.

If you have treoButler installed - please disable and delete before upgrading to avoid risk of crashing.

Enjoy

As always - feedback welcome.

Edit - attachment changed. Slight fix for alarm - there was a crash when selecting the tone then pressing cancel.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/11/2004 at 03:40 PM.
    I paid for and registered 0.95. But the nag screen still nags me. It interupts me at random intervals (around once a day).

I have seen the bug mentioned in other threads on TreoCentral, so I know I am not alone in this.

Despite the bug I like having your software on my Treo 600. I absolutely recommend Treo Butler to other Treo owners.
    Last edited by rosenft; 01/11/2004 at 03:59 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by rosenft
    I paid for and registered 0.95 (creative registration code!). But the nag screen still nags me. It interupts me at random intervals (around once a day).

I have seen the bug mentioned in other threads on TreoCentral, so I know I am not alone in this.

Despite the bug I like having your software on my Treo 600. I absolutely recommend Treo Butler to other Treo owners.
    I'm pretty sure the nag bug is fixed.

Please let me know otherwise - remember, if you can get into the registration screen - then you are not registered!

btw - if you haven't already it's a free upgrade to the newest version.

Thanks for the recommendation!
    My older build of TreoButler has been working with Keycaps, but I guess I havent been using TreoButler to launch programs, so that may be the added functionality you are talking about? I will download it and give it a try!

Thanks again for writing the best utility program for the Treo, bar none!
    Where can I get this version?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by BS Mann
    My older build of TreoButler has been working with Keycaps, but I guess I havent been using TreoButler to launch programs, so that may be the added functionality you are talking about? I will download it and give it a try!

Thanks again for writing the best utility program for the Treo, bar none!
    That's exactly what has been added. Now if you hold down e (with keycaps600 and TB enabled) you get get E then 1 then after a configurable delay you launch whatever is mapped to e in your phone app. (application, phone call, sms...)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Do you know whether this version will cooperate with TreoAlertMgr as well?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Noticed that once treoalermgr fires off an alarm and turns on the LED, the treobutler doesn't turn the LED back off.
    Rob
    For what it's worth,
    I tried version .97 and it didn't paly well with PDAapps TreoAlrtMgr. It might have just been my Treo, but I even had issues with TAM working correctly after words, I had to delete TB and the assoicated file.

TB seems to be a great program if your not running TAM. However, I need the audiable alert more then the visual and also SMS and Email.

My 2-cents, Matt Burkhard
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon

That's exactly what has been added. Now if you hold down e (with keycaps600 and TB enabled) you get get E then 1 then after a configurable delay you launch whatever is mapped to e in your phone app. (application, phone call, sms...)
    It needs a few more fixes. I've configured KeyCaps600 to use the L->U->O setting for holding a key, and TB with 4 key repeats. My voice mail has V as the shortcut.

Now when I'm trying to type something like VVVV in an application, after the second or the third V it will launch the phone and dial my voice mail. Even worse, it entirely freezes the keyboard and all buttons and I have to reset the device to get out of the phone call.
  11.    #11  
    Hi Mol,

yup - have noticed the vvvv problem regarding unexpected launch. Somehow my code isn't re-setting the repeat count properly for releat letters. - I'll be fixing that Thu or Fri!

Haven't come across the phone-freeze issue before. Hopefully it will be fixed by the same thing.

In the meantime - try setting the repeat count to a higher number (5 or 6?) to give you a bit more leeway.

Enjoy!
    Hobbyist Software
  12.    #12  
    Hi Folks

- just wanted to make sure I understand what TAM is supposed to do - there seem to be lots of folks wanting to have TreoButler and TAM working nicely together!

From what I understand and what TAM seems to do on my treo;

If you recieve an SMS, VM or e-mail that is notified via the attention manager - TAM will nag you until you acknowledge it.

the nag can be sound - vibrate or (LED??)

you acknowledge by clicking something in the attention manager (not necessarily listening to your voicemail or reading the SMS/e-mail)

Is this correct?
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon,
    You can download a trial version at PDAapps and it's full blown (just as yours is). Yours will nag untill you do, theirs will just stop working after 15 or so days.

Yes, you are correct. If I get an alert of any type, SMS,VM, EMail (I can't remember if calalder is part of it too), you get the normal popup screen. Like TB, were it knows there has been no interaction from the user, and the LED goes on. TAM will beep (or what ever tone you select) at you (at user selected times) to remind you that you have an alert of somesort and to check the Treo. Yours works on VM only, theirs works on all, yours is an LED state cahnge and theirs is an audable alert, the two togeter should be the cats meow.

Thanks for looking into this...
    TAM is a old app that has been updated for the T600, it was made back when the T300 was all the buzz. They also make a SMS program that lets you send SMS on both the T300 and T600.

The folks at PDAapps don't say anything about an LED change, but I did notice that on mine, that the LED will go red solid untill the first TAM alert, perhaps that's theri snag right now, how to keep it on, so untill then, they may not docoment it?
    Either TAM makes it happen, or it triggers a function that SPrint has off? See my post about it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=LED.html

Regards,Matt Burkhard
    On my T600, alarm application has been working flawlessly in the limited testing I have done so far. Couple of suggestions/ questions ...

- Any chance of adding a functionality when there is an alarm T600 shows time in BIG digits instead of or in addition to just the sentence "Sir asked to be alerted?"
    - when do you expect to remove the "beta" tag from the screen?

Thanks!
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by All_Forums
    On my T600, alarm application has been working flawlessly in the limited testing I have done so far. Couple of suggestions/ questions ...

- Any chance of adding a functionality when there is an alarm T600 shows time in BIG digits instead of or in addition to just the sentence "Sir asked to be alerted?"
    - when do you expect to remove the "beta" tag from the screen?

Thanks!
    Great that the alarm is working for you - it's been waking me up in the mornings reliably!

Big digits: added to to-do list!

Beta tag comes off probably 10 days from now - assuming that I've heard a couple more folks telling me the alarm works and no problems have surfaced.
    Hobbyist Software
  16.    #16  
    At least I think so!

the bug where repeated letters gave a premature launch is gone at least.

Suggest you set the 'repeats to ignore' to one or more if using keycaps600.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...8&prodID=52726
    Hobbyist Software
    How about unlimited repeats ("insist up to")?
    I'm a heavy sleeper and i can't imagine being able to wake up with just 5 repeats.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings confusedvorlon.

Thanks for the great app. It was a pleasure to register.

Just wanted to report that Treo Butler is running with no problems on my Treo 600 with TreoAlertManager installed.

The alarm clock works well too.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    At least I think so!

the bug where repeated letters gave a premature launch is gone at least.

Suggest you set the 'repeats to ignore' to one or more if using keycaps600.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...8&prodID=52726
    Yep, it's working fine now.

FYI, the About is still staying 0.98 whereas on PalmGear the version number is .0985.
    Something weird happened last night, and I think it's related to the TB nag screen. As I was getting in to bed, I put my trusty Treo on my dresser. It had an almost full battery. 10 minutes later, as I'm falling asleep, it beeps once. I ignore it.

When I wake up in the morning, my Treo seems locked. The green light is blinking, but it does not respond to pushing any buttons. I took my dogs for a walk in the 5 degree cold, and came back in to try again. After pushing various button combinations the screen came on. It was at the nag screen, but wouldn't respond to clicking the center button to dismiss it, or tapping the screen. I did a soft reset, and when it came back up I noticed the battery was down to 5%!! I'm guessing it was on all night stuck at the nag screen? I've recharged, and all seems fine now.

Guess I should just register, huh?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast