Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still no comments on the reminder asterisk in the upper left-hand corner? Anybody else experienced this with the T6B alarm function (which I otherwise love)?
  2.    #42  
    Originally posted by ido
    actually having a bit of a problem. got keycaps600 and treobutler all set up, and now when I long press for a favorite, it scrolls me through several categories then brings me to the phone, but not to my favorite. ???
    What launcher are you using? I suspect that may interfering.
    (I'm assuming this is categories in the launcher)

I'm on launcher x and haven't come across this problem.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I'm using zlauncher, but I've been using it from day 1. It worked at one point, but now it won't.
    I purchased Treo Butler last night. I saw the version was different than the trial so I assumed my purchased version wasn't the trial version.
    I installed my purchase version but I still get the nag and register crap.
    I assumed the problem to be is the fact the registration key was likely in the e-mail I recevied for the purchase which I deleted w/o ever reading.
    So, what the hell, it's just 4.95 so I'll purchase another copy and read the email.
    Sure 'nuff there is an email stating to read the registration info.
    It says it will be a 3 digit word in the email.

I read down and I see..

"The registration key is: "

NOTHING, NADDA!

I wrote Mr. developer.. If I get no satisfaction I'll get my $10 back from American Express!
    That's it.
    Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm starting to believe the rumour.
    I've put money aside just in case.
    Originally posted by rudychow
    That's it.
    Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm starting to believe the rumour.
    I've put money aside just in case.
    Is this an "oups wrong thread" reply?
  7.    #47  
    Originally posted by Alli
    Still no comments on the reminder asterisk in the upper left-hand corner? Anybody else experienced this with the T6B alarm function (which I otherwise love)?
    Hi Ali,

I haven't managed to replicate this. If I click on clear the asterix goes away. If I click on snooze - then when I go back to the asterix I have to select the TB alert, click clear and it goes away.

New version coming out tomorrow (if all goes to plan) - hopefully your bug will go away.
    If not - it might be worth checking to see if you have any other software that might be messing eith the attention manager (TAM?).
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks for looking into it. Hopefully the next update will have it all sorted out. I don't run TAM - was overkill for my nees, so I never upgraded to th 600 version. The problem seems to be inconsistent too. Tuesday I was able to check "clear all" and it cleared and went back to what I was doing, no problem. Wednesday it caused a reset by checking "clear all" although I did everything exactly the same as I had on Tuesday. I didn't turn the alarm on this morning for some reason.
    Thanks for such a fantastic utility...truly makes the T600 so much more versatile.

I have one quick suggestion, though:

- Would it be hard to have an option to have the "command-bar" mapped to a certain function (like press and hold the shift key) to bring it up in any application? I have my DA launcher, snap calc, and profile manager (not to mention cut & paste) all set to work when you pull up the command-bar. Presently the only way to do this is the full swipe used by Graffitti Anywhere, and I wanted to minimize stylus usage (not very effectively with the HS form-fitting case anyway).

- Would this be hard to implement? Just a suggestion to continually make this the best app on my T600

Thanks in advance...
    still not working properly.
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by ido
    still not working properly.
    Hi Ido,

not sure exactly what you're after. If tb is killing z launcher, I'd suggest disabling it, deleting and doing a soft reset. that should leave you as you were.

If you want to go one further, there's an x86 file you can delete as well. as far as I know that isn't important though.
    Hobbyist Software
    should I delete treo butler or zlauncher? if treobutler, what version should I reinstall?
    love the product; want to work this out!
  13.    #53  
    Can't really help ido - not sure what's going wrong. Perhaps someone else is using z-launcher and tb?

My suggestion was to delete tb and keep z-launcher. Though I know that x-launcher and tb work together nicely.

Otherwise, I'd just reccomend experimentation. 0.985 is available at palmgear - 0.99 is available on the latest tb thread.

Let us know if it get's sorted.
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm using TB and ZLauncer with no problems. Well...other than that pesky asterisk thing, but that's a separate issue. :P
    okay, believe it or not, it's not treobutler and zlauncher, it's treobutler and keycaps600! I've got the .98 version of treobutler downloaded, with the appropriate delay configured, but I still can't launch an app from an assigned favorites button. It scrolls through several categories and then brings me to the phone app. Then nothing. I disabled keycaps600 and treobutler worked fine. Now what?!?!
    argh!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I got KeyCaps and TB to work, but I had to set the "Hold" setting is KeyCaps to "Lower: e" or "Upper: E"

From what I understand, TB is looking for "n" number of key repeats to launch, but with any setting besides "Lower" and "Upper," KeyCaps is sending different characters to TB.

Does that make sense? In the example, L->U->0 would NOT work since TB with an Ignore setting of 3 would be seeing eE1 when it needed to see eee!
  17.    #57  
    Tb actually looks for the number of repeats after the latest non-repeated char.

After a single repeat char - keycaps600 puts out a new character (e.g. upper E) which resets the count on TB.

If repeat chars is set to 0 - then tb launches before keycaps600 gets the first repeat char (providing TB was enabled second).

What happens if you disable TB and keep keycaps 600 live? Do you get the same scrolling?

Also worth making sure that tb is enabled after keycaps600.
    Hobbyist Software
    Actually, I had some other issues with other apps (not related to this problem) so I just did a hard reset to clean out my system from all of the clutter I was testing. For now, I just decided that treobutler was more essential than keycaps600, so only tb is installed.
    I may test things again later.
    Originally posted by 7zero
    Greetings confusedvorlon.

Thanks for the great app. It was a pleasure to register.

Just wanted to report that Treo Butler is running with no problems on my Treo 600 with TreoAlertManager installed.

The alarm clock works well too.

Cheers!
    Same here. I just registered my copy as well!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123