Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just wanted to report that Treo Butler is running with no problems on my Treo 600 with TreoAlertManager installed.
    Has anyone else found that TreoButler cooperates with TAM? There been previous posts indicating that it takes away its functionality. I'd love to have TreoButler, but the audible "nag" of TAM for SMS is for me indispensible.
    Just wanted to report that Treo Butler is running with no problems on my Treo 600 with TreoAlertManager installed.
    When I had TB installed, it ran with no problems on my Treo600 with TAM installed either. My issue was that TAM would not work correctly.

With just TAM, I wouls get an audiable alert when ever I would get an Email, SMS, voice mail (basicaly any alert) tone. After TB, I would get the LED state change after an voice mail, but that was it. TAM would never remind me with an audable alert and SMS, and email would not work (I can't sware that the email and SMS audiable alert quit, but I can try it again if need be) see the TB LED post.

Have you tired to run TAM with TB enabled?

Let us know. THanks
    Confusedvorlon,

Great app! Works great on my T 600. Now the damn light actually does something! Really like it, thanks.
    TB gets better and better. Thanks!

One thing I'd like to see is normal LED function when charging (red) and charged but still attached to charger (green). I have the LED set to off in TB and currently have to turn the Treo on to check charging status. Do you think it would be possible to retain the LED off function (with voicemail alert) when not attached to the charger and have this too:

Solid red - charging;
    Solid green - charged;
    Flashing red - charging, voicemail waiting;
    Flashing green - charged, voicemail waiting?

That would be great. As would LED flashing for alerts other than voicemail.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi

When I had TB installed, it ran with no problems on my Treo600 with TAM installed either. My issue was that TAM would not work correctly.

With just TAM, I wouls get an audiable alert when ever I would get an Email, SMS, voice mail (basicaly any alert) tone. After TB, I would get the LED state change after an voice mail, but that was it. TAM would never remind me with an audable alert and SMS, and email would not work (I can't sware that the email and SMS audiable alert quit, but I can try it again if need be) see the TB LED post.

Have you tired to run TAM with TB enabled?

Let us know. THanks
    I'm using both apps and don't seem to have any problems with TAM and reminder alerts.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    So if you don't answer the voice mail alert, then the screen goes blank and the LED flashes (due to TB) and you also get an audiable alert at each of your preset intervals from TAM?

Hmmm, maybe I need to try this again. Wierd thing is that I am not the only person having this problem.
    Thanks for the info
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    So if you don't answer the voice mail alert, then the screen goes blank and the LED flashes (due to TB) and you also get an audiable alert at each of your preset intervals from TAM?
    yes
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Miller, you have a 270 or a 600 now?
    Ok, I tried it again and got further.

This time, TB didn't seem to turn off all the audio reminders that TAM does.

Here is what I did find though....
    I have my screen off time at 30sec (via the "prefs") and TAM set to alert every 15sec. This is all just for testing. I normaily keep screen off at 2 or 3 minutes and TAM at 120sec.

I tired SMS first, all seemed well. Then I called myself and left a VM. The Treo600 turned on, the LED turned solid red and I got my VM audiable reminder. After that, the LED then went back to flashing green and the screen would not turn off. Now the LED is flashing green and every 15 seconds it will go red for a second, then back to flashing green. The power button on top of the Treo does nothing now. with the screen still on, the power button will not do anything. However, the audiable alert form TAM is missing too, unless I touch the power button after the 15secs as gone by. in other words, if it has been at least 15 seconds since the last time the LED flashed RED for a tad (form TAM I think) then if I hit the power button, i hear my TAM tone. If I hit the power button again, I get nothing, I have to wait till 15seconds has gone by,then if I hit it, I hear my TAM tone.

So it seems the the solid LED from TB goes off not too long after the VM alert is given and then it will flash green. Every 15 seconds, it will flash red once (like TAM is triing to alert me) but I hear nothing. If I hit the power button, that will trigger the TAM sound.

So it seems the the TB turns on the LED soid red for a while, then the green flash comes back. TAM works other then the sound (that you can get if you hit the power button). The screen is still on and will not go off and that is what I have found so far.

Didn't someone say that they thought that TB left their screen on all night and drained the battery? This is what I am seeing perhaps.

On a posistve note, TB seems like an awesone app, i really like the Switch back feature. it's like Alt-Tab in windows almost. There are quite a bit of times where I need to look at one place to enter data somewhere else and go back and forth. This is a lot faster.
    If I recall correctly, TAM works better generally on the T600 at longer time intervals. I'd be interested in knowing how the two work together at your usual 120 seconds.
    120 is where I tested last time. But that may be the issue too?
    I just got done delelting TB again, to put everything back to where it was before. Again the _ROBJ_ file would not delete. I had to do a soft rest to get it off. Then I did another, afterwards just to be safe.

I will probably install TB agian and just use the VolKey part and make a donation.

Ok, it seems the no TAM alert sound untill the power button is hit, may have been due to the 15time, but don't know for sure.

Also I noticed that when you haveTAM set at a short duration, like the 15 seconds, that it will limit the number of OE voice mail alert sounds you get. Normaly, I get a voice mail, the OE treo function will make a noice (setup via the "prefs") every so oftem for over a minute, I lost this with the 15 TAM. Basicaly, after 15, the OE funcion would stop, then 15 later, TAM would sound. Almost like the first time that TAM sounds, it clashes with the OE alert sound and kills it, but doesn't sound itself, then on the second time, there is nothing to clash with, so it's fine?

If I get time tommorrow, I may try the 120 sec setting on TAM and see how the two work. Matt
    Burkhardi-- thanks from the rest of us for your thoroughness. I'm sure confusedvorlon is following this thread and will make good use of this information.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by neill
    Burkhardi-- thanks from the rest of us for your thoroughness. I'm sure confusedvorlon is following this thread and will make good use of this information.
    I certainly am following (and working away at treo butler). The main thing I'm focussing on at the moment is the TAM problem. I've downloaded the demo of TAM to try it out and figure out what it is that it does exactly!

Problem is the different carriers seem to behave differently - so I'm looking for some more info.

-
    What is it that you want TAM to recognise that doesn't get handled by the attention manager?

you can tell if something gets handled by the attention manager by arranging for two things to be there. e.g. set a datebook alarm, keep snoozing it (so that the alarm stays in attention manager and is accessible by the asterix in the top left) and make event 2 happen. In the UK - if event 2 is a voicemail - it won't go into the attention manager. If it's an SMS it will.

If you let me know any things that should trigger TAM - but aren't in the attention manager - that would be a great help. I'm particularly interested in phone events (missed calls, voicemail) as I suspect they work differently in different networks.

Also interested in how e-mail triggers work - I don't use e-mail on my treo, so no personal knowledge.

Thanks
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I'm not sure if this is coming from TB, or it's an OS5 glitch, but I haven't had the chance to see it anywhere else. When I use the alarm in TB, no matter how I attend to it when it goes off, it starts the little asterisk in the upper left corner as an undone task. I can tap on the asterisk and see the TB message "madame asked...." but then when I clear it, it causes a soft reset.

Thoughts?
    If the it's under the Attention Manager, then there will be "Alert" on the top of the pop-up?

I use a CDMA/Sprint T600.

I just downloaded TB again. Made sure that TAM was set for 120seconds. My screen off is set to 2minutes.

I went into TB and set the LED to off. Turned the Volkeys on(with 's' selected), and turned on the VM LED to solid.

The first SMS a recived, had the pop-up screen for it. I ignored it, and the screen turned off and ntohing else happened. So I for grins, I went into TAM, set the alert for 15sec, hit apply, exited out, came back in, selected 120sec again and exited out.

I then sent a SMS to myself, the LED was off. Then I got the alert, the screen went off, then 120sec later TAM DID MAKE AN ALERT TONE, the LED flashed red for a second, then the flashing green took over.

Note: I have noticed with TAM, that it will tunn the LED red when it sounds, just while it's sounding. Also, I think that PDAapps is working on LED state change for a later versio, so perhaps, this is the first attempt.

So now the LED is flashing green, TAM sounds every 120sec. I went back into TB and the LED is still set to off, even thought it's flashing.

more to follow...

TB- V0.985
    TAM-V2.05
    Tried it again. turned both TAM and TB off. Turned TAM on, then TB, rest the values in TB and set myself a SMS. Got the pop up, nothing happedn for sevreal miuties, thought it was locked up, so I hit the power button to see. Then the LED that was off , flashed red, the TAM sound alerted and the LED then went to flashing green. Also, TAM is sounding again. I hit snooze and the asterix did pop up on the top left.

MILLER-Your on a GSM T600 right?
    Set it all back up, Had the LED off via TB. Got a voicemail alert, LED went to solid red. After two minutes the screen went off, then two mintues later the LED when to flashing green and TAM sounded.
    I'm on a GSM T600 with Cingular.

Just for the record I have version 2.05 of TAM
    Seconds between alerts: 120

Version 0.98 of TB
    Vol Btns: Enabled and "s" check marked
    LED enabled w/VM warning active and no check mark in "solid red LED warns VM"

My screen is set to turn auto-off after 1 min.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    actually having a bit of a problem. got keycaps600 and treobutler all set up, and now when I long press for a favorite, it scrolls me through several categories then brings me to the phone, but not to my favorite. ???
    Has anyone had success with TreoButler using Telstra in Sydney, Australia?

Have tried and get no LED action.

Thanks,
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast