1.    #1  
    Now I noticed that the screen dont seem to respond to my stylus. every time I try to use the stylus, it reacts akwardly.

It just doesnt seem to be calabrating (sp) correct.

You know the part where on the welcome screen, when you have to set your stylus after a hard reset? I took nearly four hours to get it pass that.

It still was acting funny however. Its soo funny to me, because my screen is not scratched up or anything, and the screen is perfect and it seems to recognize touch from any angle.

When I use the stylus, it just points to different items. If I try to set the stylus in pref, you wont beleive how long it takes me to get it perfect (especially on the 3rd point) and even when I compleTE THE THIRD test, its still not correct.

I need serious help. How can i fix this crazy problem? Can u guys survive with out the stylus? I really need to get this resolved, any ideas?
    maybh
    Used to have this problem on my old Palm m505. Not sure what caused it, but doing a hard reset fixed it. Have you tried doing a hard reset yet?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by lenman
    maybh
    What the hell is this???

Yes I did a hard reset several times.... Same problem
  5.    #5  
    this is crazy, because, the treo obviously responds to touch all over and the screen is clean and bright as ever.

I am so frustrated. Can I use the internet, etc, etc, w/o the stylus?
  6.    #6  
    When I do the stylus Calibration. The Third Test just doesnt seem correct and always makes me start over. Its a so amazing when I finally get the third one, and it still never works right.
    Well, if you did a hard reset, it obviously isnt a software problem.

The onlything left is hardware.

Good luck on getting it replaced... although you shouldnt need it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Godfather,

Since you've done just about everything else, why not try a battery disconnect reset?

It may be that your Treo is not actually losing power long enough to reset the screen calibration fully. Just an idea.

Of course, I don't actually know anything and I'm just talking out my a**, so don't hold me responsible! I have actually done this reset at the request of a tech -- not for a screen calibrate problem though -- and it wasn't too scary. ;-)

arielmt
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by RWerksman
    Well, if you did a hard reset, it obviously isnt a software problem.

The onlything left is hardware.

Good luck on getting it replaced... although you shouldnt need it.
    yeah u right but what do you think I shouldnt need?

I know it recognizes the taps, because, when I play that game, 2016, I can tap ANYWHERE on the screen during game play and it will pause/unpause.

Do u guys think I can open it up? and do some thinkering? Maybe the screen it self fell outta place slightly.
    First and foremost, call Handspring Customer Service. They will ask you to hard reset and all that stuff. Tell them you tried that already, at which point they will tell you that a replacement unit will be sent to you (when they get the stock). If they don't offer this, you should demand it because it is a hardware defect although the CSR's are usually good at Handspring.

If you open your Treo, kiss it goodbye. You will void you warranty.

The issue here is not whether you could make do without using the stylus. The touchscreen should work 100% and is an integral part of the unit.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  11.    #11  
    Ok, so if I call them, a replacement unit will be sent out to me w/o me sending them my unit first?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Originally posted by godfather
    Ok, so if I call them, a replacement unit will be sent out to me w/o me sending them my unit first?
    Yes, if you purchased the unit from Handspring directly. But, you will need to return your original unit within a specified time period or you will be charged for the new unit. They take your credit card number.

Did you try the battery disconnect reset?

Best advice here is to call them.
    did you try going into preferences and clicking on the touchscreen and follow the clicks that should reset your touchscreen

Fred
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by arielmt

Yes, if you purchased the unit from Handspring directly. But, you will need to return your original unit within a specified time period or you will be charged for the new unit. They take your credit card number.

Did you try the battery disconnect reset?

Best advice here is to call them.
    Ohh, Its a Handspring unit, but I got it from a cell Store, and of course they dont take returns. I had it for about a month now.

Since its a handspring device, can I still call them up for support and hopefully they can send me another unit?
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    did you try going into preferences and clicking on the touchscreen and follow the clicks that should reset your touchscreen

Fred
    Yes, been trying those, its takes so long because its not accurate at all. Its takes forever to caliberate but when Its finally set, its wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OFFF.
    Godfather,

I had a similar problem with my Cingular version T600. It kept making me repeat the calibration test. At first I could get it to work on the fourth or fifth try. The problem got worse--until the screen wouldn't respond to the stylus at all (five way navigation worked some of the time). I called Handspring just before Christmas. They are sending me a replacement but said it would be 2-4 weeks because the devices were backordered. They finally sent a replacement on Friday. I should have it tomorrow. After that I just need to send the broken one back to them.

My advice is to get it replaced. Having a unit that has problems sporadically isn't worth it.
    dont mean to offend but Just wanted to make sure that you are doing the "hard" reset.
    using the up arrow on nav button when you hit the reset. must continue to hold the up arrow, should put you to a factory default and force you into syncing the stylus without going to prefs to do it.
  18.    #18  
    umm, so i guess handspring shouldnt really have an issue sending me another unit, correct??? I hope it doesnt take forever for them to send it.

Will it be an issue transfering my sim card?
    Originally posted by godfather

yeah u right but what do you think I shouldnt need?

I know it recognizes the taps, because, when I play that game, 2016, I can tap ANYWHERE on the screen during game play and it will pause/unpause.

Do u guys think I can open it up? and do some thinkering? Maybe the screen it self fell outta place slightly.
    Something is screwed up. Call Handspring, they'll walk you through some things, and they'll replace it for you.
    My wife dropped her Treo 600 (three feet onto concrete) and the touchscreen stopped working. The device seemed otherwise fine, but eventually became unusable (after a reset, we couldn't get past the calibration screen). Handspring (or Sprint?) sold us a replacement unit for $169 (we didn't have insurance).