1.    #1  
    I personally like horizontally mounted holsters. They don't tend to snag on as many things. I've carried phones that way for several years. Since nobody seemed to make a holster specifically for the T600 that appealed to me, I asked a friend who makes holsters for law enforcement, civilian and military use to make one.

Right now this is a one-off design but he kept the pattern. I told him I'd ask around to see how many people might be interested to help him evaluate whether to offer this as a product.

The phone slides in from one side only and is held quite snugly by the holster. There are two screws that allow tension adjustment to your liking.

So here come a series of pictures (sorry for the poor photography). First is my T600 side by side with the holster ...

If you have interest in this please pm or email me and I will pass the word on to him. For those who may be interested in his main product lines his website is http://www.comp-tac.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Here's the holster with the T600 inserted.
  3.    #3  
    Here's the holster from the back.
  4.    #4  
    Here's a view showing that access remains for both power/sync and headset/earphones.
  5.    #5  
    And a view showing access to on/off, IR, Ringer/Silent, and SD slot.
  6.    #6  
    Here you can see that access remains available to the volume buttons as well.
  7.    #7  
    Here you can see the tension screws at the top of the holster.
    It's a nice looking holster...but...I would be afraid that my $600 Treo would fall out since there appears to be no strap securing the unit in the case. What is the material used? Can the tension screws really hold the unit securely when the case stretches from normal use? (i'm presuming its not made of plastic). How much would the case cost?
    Horizontal is nice, but I find that I can't easily get my hand into my left front pocket. It is just too wide. A regular vertical holster would be ideal. It would also provide more assurance that the Treo 600 wouldn't just slide out if the tension was adjusted too loosely.
  10.    #10  
    Actually the case IS made of plastic. The material is called Kydex and is sturdy enough for VERY hard duty work. The Treo will not be going anywhere since the manufacturing process ensures a very snug fit. The material is not pliable unless heated to a point that would burn your skin without protective gear. Body heat or ambient temperatures WILL NOT do it.

It's a matter of personal taste but I feel very confident the phone is not coming out of the holster unless I want it to do so.

I think that the pricing would be somewhere in the $50 range although I'm not certain of that.

Having experience with a variety of Gregg's products though (I don't have any business affiliation with him), I have to say that I'm confident the holster will outlast the Treo.
    Dude those are some horrible pictures. You got two Treo's??

Your hand is in focus and easy to see but the holster? If I was looking to get another hand this would be great. I may be the only one buy I really cant see much detail. Very poor lighting in your photos.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Very cool -- that's very clean looking holster. Nice work!
    Originally posted by Woof
    If I was looking to get another hand this would be great.

Woof
    Pretty funny......
    OMG - that is so friggin' cool! I carry my Glock in a C-T. Absolutely AWESOME fit, zero gun finish wear to date and you can't beat the (very light) weight, sweat resistance and durability of Kydex. Top flight company, very cool idea to use it for a Treo holster. I definitely want one! Vertical carry a possibility? LMAO - maybe an ankle holster or IWB? Who do you know there? Must be sweet to get custom work done.
    Originally posted by jairb
    I personally like horizontally mounted holsters. They don't tend to snag on as many things. I've carried phones that way for several years. Since nobody seemed to make a holster specifically for the T600 that appealed to me, I asked a friend who makes holsters for law enforcement, civilian and military use to make one.

Right now this is a one-off design but he kept the pattern. I told him I'd ask around to see how many people might be interested to help him evaluate whether to offer this as a product.

The phone slides in from one side only and is held quite snugly by the holster. There are two screws that allow tension adjustment to your liking.

So here come a series of pictures (sorry for the poor photography). First is my T600 side by side with the holster ...

If you have interest in this please pm or email me and I will pass the word on to him. For those who may be interested in his main product lines his website is http://www.comp-tac.com.
    i think horizintal is good....but there are times when vertical is good too. i always liked holsters that had a swivel and could be moved to either position. it would be nice if this one could do that. but...hey it is a nice looking holster. enjoy! i might be interested in getting one...keep us informed of what happens.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  16.    #16  
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a non-functioning display T600 like the ones we see at CompUSA, Best Buy, etc.?

If I can get hold of one of those it would make it easier for Gregg to consider producing these holsters.

Thanks.
    see this post
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...3&goto=newpost

santron has a non-functioning one and other people in this thread may too. i don't think he really wants to give it up though. he might lend it to you......
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I have purchased several of Gregg's Holsters in the past. I just never thought of asking him if he could do that. Gregg is truly a genius when it comes to kydex.