Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MVP
    I just exchanged my old T600 for a new one and now I can no longer get to certain web sites that require cookies to be enabled on my Treo....the old one was working fine...can anyone help??? Thanks!
    are cookies enabled?

if yes, delete the web cookies file.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. MVP
    how do you enable cookies? where is the web cookies file? I could easily find and delete this file on my old T600 but I cannot find it on my new one...help
    When your in Blazer, look in the pref/setting area. When in the app launcher, hit the menue key and go to delete and look for web cookie.

Also do a search on this forum, there are about 3-5 posts about this,.h
  5. MVP
    Under preferences I have cookies enabled checked off but I cannot find a web cookies file to delete...i could easily find it on my old T600....this is very very strange...help
    From your Home screen (the main screen with all your apps in it), press MENU+D, scroll down and select the file "Web Cookies." Delete it. That should solve your problem.
    yes, go to the house icon (AKA application launcher) to do it
  8. MVP
    Thank you all for your advice...BUT, the "Web Cookies" file is not located in my Apps launcher!!!....I could find it there in my old T600 but not the new one...is there anything I can do short of replacing it??? Thank you.
    MVP,
    OK clear your mind, don't panic and follow these directions: 1) go to the apps launchD
  10. MVP
    Craigdts...you didn't finish your instructions to me...i eagerly await your solution to my problem...thanks!!
    I had the same problem when I tried to access my Hotmail account. To fix it, you need the FileZ app. Great app and freeware. Once you install it, browse your files and locate and delete:

"Blazer Cache" & "Web Cookies"

Open up Blazer again and go to your website. It should work...

-Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    well I take that back...I guess you don't need FileZ. The Menu-D option in Apps Launcher works too. Didn't know that... FileZ is great though...

Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Originally posted by MVP
    Craigdts...you didn't finish your instructions to me...i eagerly await your solution to my problem...thanks!!
    press the house key (the house) to get to the list of apps
    press menu key
    press the d key
    scroll down the list to you see "web cookies"
    hi-light "web cookies"
    tap delete.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Here is the official Handspring Support Page on this issue:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  15. MVP
    Guys...I appreciate your help ...BUT, as I mentioned numerous times before "when I scroll down to find the "web cookies" file, it is simply not there!!!!....ALSO, on my old T600 I could easily find this file and delete it....do you understand????...can't anyone help???
    MVP
    Go to your applications ( house), then click on your "time" at the left upper corner, select "delete" from the list,, and is way down there the "web cookies"
    I think he is saying the Web Cookies file is not there.

Try downloading Filez and looking for the "Web Cookies" file with that program.

Hope this helps.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    wow, a missing web cookies file. havent heard of this one b4.

hmmmmmmmmm.

did you try a reset?

a hard reset?

try disenabling cookies, reset and enable cookies rest?
    Felipe
    it's been mentioned before.

go to a site tc or some site you register at so that a cookie can be created and captured. once you create a reason for a ccookie a cookie file will be created. make sure you have cookies checked in blazer prefs.

i hope this helps.

keep in mind the cookie issue is an ongoing problem with the treo 600. once created you will probably find yourself having to delete and recreate the cookie file from time to time. for some reason it becomes corrupt. no answers as to why.

also, i'm sure you had a good reason to return your unit, keep in mind your getting a refurb in return. who knows what the reason was for the previous owners return.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 01/12/2004 at 01:10 AM.
    try this, don't know if it will help, but at this point i'm sure u should try. go to your apps folder on your palm desktop and delete the web cookies from there . . . do a hotsync . . . then look for the web cookies file to be created on your treo following the directions posted by others above
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast