1.    #1  
    Long time reader first time poster.

I love my treo 300 and when I saw the hinge starting to crack yesterday, I was a bit dissapointed. However, I did buy my phone through Best Buy with the service plan, and I figured they would replace it for me. Boy was I wrong. Not only did they not replace it for me, but the cashier or whatever managed to Completely break off the flip piece, totally ruining its functionality!!! (hey at least I could make calls before). When I spoke to another rep about it, they seemed like they were about to replace it, but they brought a "technician" in who proceded, not only to blame the incidence on me, but also claimed I had tampered and opened the phone (as in where the circuitry is), voiding any warranty I may have had on it. They based this on the fact that they put the hinge back on backwards and said I had altered it. I spoke to the manager about it, and had never been treated so rudely in my life. As such, I think I am a little out of luck, since I had the Best Buy service plan, I never got the sprint insurance (and from what I can tell it would be a longshot for them to do it too). This is really sad, the treo 600 looks like a big improvement, but is out of my price range now, and am hesitent to buy another 300. This is obviosly a product defect, and to consider this kind of breakage physical neglect and not normal wear and tear is wrong. Any ideas on how I might be able to get some recourse?
    maybe try a different BB. another store may noy have so many a$$holes working for them.

Woof