Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having a problem browsing with their Treo 600 (Sprint Vision) this weekend? I have been having issues since yesterday...not able to reach most sites, or it's been very slow. My SnapperMail connects fine, so I have connectivity. I have cleared my cache and soft reset the phone.

It was working again this morning and this afternoon it slowed down again.

ctdw
    Working fine so far.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ctdw
    Is anyone else having a problem browsing with their Treo 600 (Sprint Vision) this weekend? I have been having issues since yesterday...not able to reach most sites, or it's been very slow. My SnapperMail connects fine, so I have connectivity. I have cleared my cache and soft reset the phone.

It was working again this morning and this afternoon it slowed down again.

ctdw
    Might help for you to identify where you are having trouble geographically. Usually, when the network goes down, it's not nationwide.
    Well, in NYC service has been the slowest since I purchased my Treo 600 (12/23/03).
  5.    #5  
    I am in CT. It started working again late last night...was fine all today until this evening. Now I am getting HTTP Error: 403 The service you requested is restricted. I get this error when trying to browse to any site, including the Vision home page. The strange thing is that SnapperMail works fine...my problems are all browsing related.

ctdw
    im in the new york area, too. the vision service has been much slower lately. odd. overuse of the system, maintainence issues or are they upgrading the service? whatever the situation, its for sure not as snappy as it has been in a while
  7.    #7  
    It's not much better tonight...not timing out, but very slow. I hope this gets fixed soon. What is strange is that my wife's i500 seems fine...it's only my Treo 600 that is slow.

ctdw
    It's been slow here in DC since this weekend as well. Yesterday was the worst, lots of pages just wouldn't load. Today during the day it was better but again tonight things got spotty.

Called Sprint and an hour later got no real answer.

I'm just glad I'm not alone and am sensing it's not a phone, but network problem.
  9.    #9  
    Bad here again tonight...I have not really gotten much of an answer from tech support either. It would be nice to know if they are working on it.

ctdw
    Vision has been terribly spotty for everybody I know (with vision service) in the DC area for the past 2 days. Sometimes we can't even sign on to Vision services. The Vision tech I spoke to acted like I was the first person to call with a problem. Unlikely.
    If anyone hears anything from a rep, keep us informed - I'm having the same problem. Its odd that its only an issue with webpages, not with other web-accessing apps.
    I can add my experience which is vision has been spotty inside the beltway at best since this weekend. Last night I could barelyP
    I spoke to a vision tech about 12:30 am (EST) and he said something big was supposed to happen at 1:00 am. They knew there was a problem and this was supposed to fix it. It's now 8:38 am and my vision service seems to be up and flying for the first time in 3 days. Hopefully this fix will stick.
    It's thursday at 5:50pm and just for fun I thought I would try vision. It's down!

Won't even pull up the vision homepage.

How many people are having this problem, it works fine during the day but spotty if best for the last 5 or 6 nights!!
  15.    #15  
    Worked all day in CT today, but stopped working again tonight!

ctdw
    I have been unable to browse any web pages all day today (Thursday) in New Orleans or Baton Rouge Louisianna. Business Connection has been able to get my email, but I can't do anything on the web.
    I wonder what's up?

Paul
    The curious detail is why does the vision data service handle http requests differerently than the pop3, smtp, whatever treo600sms is using....etc. One would think that the network would treat them all the same.
    could not pull anything with Blazer today, So I did a hard reset just to make sure its not an App.
    No help.
    This is the first time I had trouble with the T6 and Blazer
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    ctdw,

Just so you don't think you're going nuts, I've been having the same browser problems in CT too.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks for the CT update...they wanted me to replace my Treo, but it didn't sound like a bad unit to me. It's working now...I hope stays working tonight when I need to check email.

ctdw
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast