Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    colonelmustard: I'm also in DC and went ahead and used the same ip you are using. Things are great now. SnapperMail and Verichat have always worked fine, its just been Blazer.

I guess because I'm new to Sprint and to the Treo 600, I wasnt sure what to expect with the speed of vision. Now that I know these problems arent normal, I will definetly file a trouble ticket as well.

In the meantime, this is a great workaround. Thanks
    3 days already and I still havent been able to sign in to vision, I just tried it and the vision page wont even open whats up with this? I am in NYC.
    Hola!

Southern CT area (New Haven - Hartford) confirmed Blazer intermittent connections from Friday 1/23/04 to present day 1/27/04.

Typically I get a "page could not be downloaded. Try again later" message. This generally happens intermittently. If I turn the T600 off and on again several times, I can usually get pages (both Sprint and external) to load, but it is (again) very inconsistent and slow to load.

This is an extremely frustrating situation for me as I just dropped my prior Verizon service on the Kyocera 7035 smartphone for Sprint and the Treo. My trials of an earlier Treo 600 around the holidays proved Sprint's data network functioned much faster than Verizon's on the 7035, but now this... so MUCH worse than anything I've seen on Verizon!

More frustrating is these horrendous support agents which, after keeping me on hold for 45 minutes, lack any solid understanding of what's going on. I never waited longer than 10 minutes on CS with VZW and generally had little trouble finding someone with decent knowledge of the 7035's capabilities.

I love this T600 device more than anything, but is this type of network up and down and absurdly long support delays what I should be expecting with Sprint and the Treo? I just signed up last week, but it appears major Sprint proxy server issues have been going on for several weeks. Has anything of this magnitude happened in the past with Sprint? Is this what I should be expecting down the road with Sprint?

Also, has anyone seen any difference with the new Sprint Treo update? I'm going to install this tonight and see.

Speed
    Ooh boy! Here's a new one...

"Data service is unavailable in your area. Type 3000"

Also gotten a "bad username/password" error earlier today.

I've called Sprint CS 2x/day for the past 3 days straight.

Any other venues for support I'm missing?

Again, is this kind of unreliability NORMAL?!

Speed
    Originally posted by speedracerx
    Hola!

Southern CT area (New Haven - Hartford) confirmed Blazer intermittent connections from Friday 1/23/04 to present day 1/27/04.

Typically I get a "page could not be downloaded. Try again later" message. This generally happens intermittently. If I turn the T600 off and on again several times, I can usually get pages (both Sprint and external) to load, but it is (again) very inconsistent and slow to load.

This is an extremely frustrating situation for me as I just dropped my prior Verizon service on the Kyocera 7035 smartphone for Sprint and the Treo. My trials of an earlier Treo 600 around the holidays proved Sprint's data network functioned much faster than Verizon's on the 7035, but now this... so MUCH worse than anything I've seen on Verizon!

More frustrating is these horrendous support agents which, after keeping me on hold for 45 minutes, lack any solid understanding of what's going on. I never waited longer than 10 minutes on CS with VZW and generally had little trouble finding someone with decent knowledge of the 7035's capabilities.

I love this T600 device more than anything, but is this type of network up and down and absurdly long support delays what I should be expecting with Sprint and the Treo? I just signed up last week, but it appears major Sprint proxy server issues have been going on for several weeks. Has anything of this magnitude happened in the past with Sprint? Is this what I should be expecting down the road with Sprint?

Also, has anyone seen any difference with the new Sprint Treo update? I'm going to install this tonight and see.

Speed
    Unfortunately, half of them are reading off of a screen, though sometimes that solves the prob. When you get to Tier 2 tech support then you get the people that actually play with the phones in the lab, which is cool to an extent. I believe that real-world experience would constitute for solid knowledge of the product.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by speedracerx
    Ooh boy! Here's a new one...

"Data service is unavailable in your area. Type 3000"

Also gotten a "bad username/password" error earlier today.

I've called Sprint CS 2x/day for the past 3 days straight.

Any other venues for support I'm missing?

Again, is this kind of unreliability NORMAL?!

Speed
    It really isn't for Sprint, but I'm slowly starting to think it is with this Treo.

I installed the update and that fixed the SMS problem, thank goodness.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    We're getting a little O/T here, but I had the Error 3000 the other day when I got my replacement phone. Basically the provisioning process had not completed successfully and they had to reprovision it.

As for the password issues, which element was trying to authenticate? The sprintpcs vision settings page is a good place to both FIX and SCREW up your settings, and in the process of trying to get outbound smtp mail to work, I changed my vision password.

Ended up going into Network Prefs, hitting Modify/Unlock and changing the vision password to the one I set on the web page.

I was really nervous about doing that but it worked just fine and I was cruising again.

Let me know which password(s)-- most are accessible/changable on the spcs site.

And for the newbies who are complaining about service...Sprint is undergoing major major infrastructure changes to upgrade their network, so this is NOT typical. Crappy service IS typical, but your friends here @treocentral will end up solving 86% of your issues with configuration (although we can't magically fix the SPCS network)

For what is possible with the service and the device and being on the BLOODIEST BLEEDING EDGE of technology, I view these outages as annoying, but somehow livable.

PS...USE THE BLAZER PROXY SETTINGS FOR NOW AND SURF HAPPILY!
    I just talked to a Sprint tech and he was just as dumbfounded as we all are. He's gonna check out this website and this thread. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction!
    Did you say he was dumb, or dumbfounded?
    Originally posted by jpehrlich
    Did you say he was dumb, or dumbfounded?
    lol no, he was a good guy.
    Here's something, taken from SprintUsers:

EVERYBODY:

right now sprint is currently experiencing network overload, especially late at night starting at 7pm until about midnight. if you are experiencing error 201, 408, t4, t1, or just not able to connect in the evenings this is what it is. currently the primary ips for boston(MA), bronx(NY), fairfax(VA), monclair(NJ), pittsburg(PA), washington(DC), ohio, philadelphia(PA), los angeles(CA), mesa(AZ), north carolina, and springfield(IL) are experiencing these issues. most of the secondary ips are working, but the network isnt automatically routing to the secondary ips. if your experiencing such issues, you may need to call data support and let them know you are only experiencing issues late at night and the tech should be educated on the current issue, and therefore manually prog. the working ips into it or try something else. the cause is the sudden influx of sms, RL, and vision all at once, and an overuse of those ips. most of these areas are running off the same ips, so you can understand the congestion. we are hoping this will be taken care of within the next week or two as sprint is in the process of adding more ips and cells. hope this helps.
    Has anyone been able to get to Yahoo mail with the proxy workaround?

Unfortunately the free proxy solution doesn't appear to work for reading Yahoo mail. If I go to the optimized site (wap.oal.yahoo.com), I get the same "Sending..." and then eventually timing out ("The page download could not be completed. Please try again later.") If I go to the mail.yahoo.com, I'm get the log in page, and then signing in results in an error page from Yahoo that "This page is currently unavailable." I don't have any problems from my PC, nor from Xiino or other Treo web browsers, so this inability to view Yahoo mail seems specific to Blazer.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Got to this post late. I too have had the same vision problems with Blazer in New Jersey. Tried the fix with the free proxy. It works great and might have me using the internet again from the phone. Basically, for the last few weeks I was using the phone as a combo phone /blackberry with some nice palm apps to pass the time between meetings. Getting the internet back at reasonable speeds will let me go back to mobile surfing. Thanks for the discovery.

YITB, Robkz
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Mobile yahoo times out for me too with proxy enabled.

The only thing I get from this crappy problem is the mildly interesting problem isolation stuff...

Works from Xino, fails from Blazer, works with proxy fails with that....

Oy, no wonder these devices are positioned for a technical audience...I can't imagine my mom troubleshooting this.

[Make it all stop]

I got ticked and called Sprint when everything crapped again.

They finally admitted there's a problem. It appears that 'rollover' to the secondary servers are not happening. The tech talked me through swapping the IP addresses for my primary and secondary HA (read proxy) servers.

Fixed problem immediately. I will post directions tomorrow, but note you will need your MSL.

I'd post it now but I don't have my notes with me.
    I've also gone through all of the experiences everyone else has quoted -- I'm also from the New Haven-Hartford area, like speedracerx.

I first thought something was wrong with my phone, but the problems with Blazer remained after I installed the update.

I can't wait for BoeingPilot to post the workaround with HAs! In the meantime, I'll try to get a trouble ticket, and let everyone know what I hear from CS.

Hang in there everyone!
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14
    Originally posted by BoeingPilot
    I got ticked and called Sprint when everything crapped again.

They finally admitted there's a problem. It appears that 'rollover' to the secondary servers are not happening. The tech talked me through swapping the IP addresses for my primary and secondary HA (read proxy) servers.

Fixed problem immediately. I will post directions tomorrow, but note you will need your MSL.

I'd post it now but I don't have my notes with me.
    I've tried that since I have my MSL, but once i switch them I instantly get a Error 131: Sign in failed. The error doesn't go away unless I Update Vision Profile.
    Also minutes from New Haven; problems continued after update. Works fine with the proxy work-around - I'll wait for the proxy-switch instructions as well.
    I had the same problem, set the HA password to 'secret'

Hope this helps
    Got tired of waiting for CS to respond... I'm going to submit for a trouble ticket Friday evening...
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast