Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Even huger (uhrr, more huge) picture mail still works just fine...
    Hey Colonel, looks like you're pretty new, so I thought I'd give you another tip...

You mention Picture Mail--- thought I would mention that there is a free SMTP/POP3 mail client from Handspring that lets you send outgoing emails and attach pictures from the camera.

You may know about it already...if so my apologies.

I like the email client better because you have more flexibility in the way you send messages (can specify more recipients more easily) and there is no Sprint branding.

Also, you don't have to pay for Picture Mail if you don't want to! Save $$$$

Sorry to be off-topic, but I went through this myself a few months back.

Regards,

Philip
  2. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    worked on the way into work (5am-6am). failed all the way home (5pm-6pm). how does blazer work? since basic connectivity (e.g. ping, ssh, BC email client) work, it has to be something
    more complex. e.g. blazer uses an intermediate server that's failing or blazer is being blocked by some sprint router's port filter. anyone know anything about how it works?
  3.    #43  
    The big mystery is why my wifes Treo 600 is working, when the rest of ours are not...

ctdw
    I'm in Seattle and have had some crashes and Vision problems over the past week or two.

I assumed it was related to the SMS upgrade...?
    Im having trouble here to in so. cal. I can connect to send messages, listen to shoutcast, but I cant connect on blazer.
    Blazer is not working. Email and phone apps work fine. When I go to websites, I spin my wheels with a blank screen before Treo tells me to try again later.
    Originally posted by jpehrlich
    Blazer is not working. Email and phone apps work fine. When I go to websites, I spin my wheels with a blank screen before Treo tells me to try again later.

This same thing has been happening to me for the last two days.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    atlanta has been slow/down all day
    Blazer loading fine for me in central fla. Also was working great in Kansas city when I was there...

P.S. I actually had MO-SMS working on my Treo600 in KC area! Wahoo!!! But as soon as my flight landed in ATL is stopped working.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    PHIL HAS THE FIX ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. GREAT WORK PHIL. YOUR TEMPORARY FIX HAS RE-CONNECTED ME TO BLAZER! HERE'S THE LINK AGAIN: http://free-proxies.com/
    As of last night I talked with Vision support. The rep 'unofficially' stated that there was a network problem both yesterday and the day before. They thought they had it fixed, but still problems.

Interestingly he asked for my handset phone number. 1/2 hour later I was up, about normal speed, but wasn't getting all the graphics on Blazer pages.

My thoughts --

1 - This is BS, for these prices (100/mo for 2000 mins and Vision) I shouldn't have someone tell me 'unofficially' I'm right

2 - Obviously Sprint uses a proxy with Blazer which is hard coded (for example, WebPro and AvantGo works fine). If Sprint can't keep there proxies working we should be able to bypass them (anyone want to patch Blazer for Sprint to bypass them?)

3. It appears that some of the reasons some phones work and others don't is that somehow the phone number (or handset) is linked to a specific proxy (which may be why some don't work while their spouses do)

4. If this goes on much longer I think we all should ask for credits on our phone bills.

Talking with my brother in So. Cal. last night he reported the same problem with his T600 which has a NYC number.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    On my way into work this morning (LIRR to NYC) and Blazer is SMOKING fast. Wasn't working at all last night and I have been seeing spuratic problems with it throughout the week.

Frankly, because everything except Blazer was working, I wasn't overly concerned and I'm still not. As long as Snappermail continues to function, I'm content. But things are faster now, so that's a good thing.
    I agree the work around is good. But we shouldn't have to work around, they should fix this.

I would encourage everyone to open formal trouble tickets with sprint in hopes they will take some notice.

I've got one and would be willing to post the reference number. With a few of these open, and our ability to reference them, maybe sprint will start to solve the problem!!
    Originally posted by BoeingPilot
    As of last night I talked with Vision support. The rep 'unofficially' stated that there was a network problem both yesterday and the day before. They thought they had it fixed, but still problems.

Interestingly he asked for my handset phone number. 1/2 hour later I was up, about normal speed, but wasn't getting all the graphics on Blazer pages.

My thoughts --

1 - This is BS, for these prices (100/mo for 2000 mins and Vision) I shouldn't have someone tell me 'unofficially' I'm right

2 - Obviously Sprint uses a proxy with Blazer which is hard coded (for example, WebPro and AvantGo works fine). If Sprint can't keep there proxies working we should be able to bypass them (anyone want to patch Blazer for Sprint to bypass them?)

3. It appears that some of the reasons some phones work and others don't is that somehow the phone number (or handset) is linked to a specific proxy (which may be why some don't work while their spouses do)

4. If this goes on much longer I think we all should ask for credits on our phone bills.

Talking with my brother in So. Cal. last night he reported the same problem with his T600 which has a NYC number.
    I agree that this is BS. While I was on hold with them my Vision just started working, so when I told the rep the problem he was just like "well it's working now...." but I've had the problem for the past 2 weeks.

How do you reach your conclusion in #2?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    anyone try to download web pro and use it as a workaround?

someone else said it worked while blazer didn't. strange. still spotty in nj by the way
    [i]How do you reach your conclusion in #2? [/B]
    The fact that WebPro works and Vision support hinted at it...
    I'm in portland and I can't connect to any webpages. i hate computers.
  18.    #58  
    I agree...we need more open tickets on this issue. If you have the problem, please call Sprint and request that they enter in a trouble ticket.

Of course it's down again in CT as of this afternoon.

ctdw
    You've seriously got to try this free proxy fix on the the previous page. Works for all but Sprint sites. Of course, that's not acceptable in the long term...but it's a great fix for now. If, for whatever reason, I can't get normal Blazer to work, I just check the little proxy button and I'm cruisin'. The proxy I'm using is 212.253.49.123....port 80. Can't use Vision sites and for some reason I can't log into mobile yahoo sites (though full sized Yahoo works great), but everything else is really fast. BTW, proxy-less Blazer is still crap at least 75% of the time in DC. This is going on three weeks now. For everyone I know with a T6. Sprint is constantly redefining what it means for a company to suck.
    Blazer has not been working for me here in Phx since at least last evening.

I tried the proxy mentioned above and it is working again.
    yep.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast