1.    #1  
    For those of you looking at going back to the Bluetooth phone + Bluetooth PDA route:

10,000 of these Bluetooth CDMA phones were built.

They were listed as "sold out" within a week of first being offered in late December.

Sony Ericsson will supposedly not make any more.

There have been around 20 of the phones offered on eBay in the past week and sold for $300 - $430.

400 new phones were offered by Sprint starting yesterday ($199.99 + shipping).

The only way to get the phone is by calling 1 866 727-2886. They'll be all gone by the end of the day.
    You mean "Sprint HAD a few Sony Ericsson T608 in stock again".
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    For those of you looking at going back to the Bluetooth phone + Bluetooth PDA route:

10,000 of these Bluetooth CDMA phones were built.

They were listed as "sold out" within a week of first being offered in late December.

Sony Ericsson will supposedly not make any more.

There have been around 20 of the phones offered on eBay in the past week and sold for $300 - $430.

400 new phones were offered by Sprint starting yesterday ($199.99 + shipping).

The only way to get the phone is by calling 1 866 727-2886. They'll be all gone by the end of the day.

5 left as of a few minutes ago.

Sprint's order system apparently crashed over the weekend, so they had to then resort to taking paper orders. It's not clear if those who ordered on the weekend and had paper orders will ever get their phones.

Too bad - The T608 pairs up quite nicely with Bluetooth Palms and has great reception on Sprint's network. I ended up ordering another phone and will either keep it as a backup or sell it later. I'll probably go with the next Bluetooth CLIE + the T608 until Handspring/Palm/Samsung come up with a PDA-phone with less compromises. The Treo 600 is getting close, though. I've bookmarked Treocentral and will be looking frward to the next generation of PalmOS PDA-phones.
    At 5:15PM Pacific on Monday I placed an order for the SE T608 from Sprint. What a hassle. I had to convert my Business account to a Consumer account in order (since it's only available from 866-PCS-Auto and they can't sell to Business accounts) to add the phone to my existing plan. It marks the 5th Sprint phone sharing 2000 anytime min. plan.

Of course none of this would be necessary if the Treo 600 had Bluetooth with Hands Free Profile support. I bought my Treo 600 in November, bought my new 2004 Acura TL in January. The TL supports Bluetooth, which allows the phone to be paired with the car. Anytime you get in the car with your phone on, it automatically connects to the car. All calls from then on are routed through the cars speakers, and the HF mic used for Voice Commands, doubles as the Mic for the phone. Works great, Caller-ID and voice dialing through the car's Voice Command system works flawlessly.

I have tried it with a GSM Siemens S56, and works well, though Cingular GSM in No. CA. sucks. So, I will now have 2 Sprint phones (Treo 600 and SE T608), and call forwarding hell between the two phones. Again, Sprint makes this harder than it needs to be by not allowing me to forward calls from my Treo 600 to my T608, without being charged 10 cents per min. I tried to argue with them that this was a PCS to PCS call, and should fall under the free unlimited PCS to PCS calling plan, but they said no.

Similar to the "unlimited" data on PCS VIsion plans (not really being unlimited) this is a case where a PCS to PCS call isn't included in the Unlimited PCS to PCS unlimited calling plan option.

Go figure, think Lawyers are involved? Or just the limits of the Sprint billing system?

Who knows,

NorCalAl