Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just visited the Realplayer site and it appears that the Treo 600 player is ready. I'm downloading the files now for installation.

Anyone have experience with this? Should it be avoided or is it worth the effort?
    "I see dead pixels..."
    My understanding is that they will have a version specific for the Treo. Didn't see that one. Only for some mobile phones and some Palm OS 5 devices.

I could be wrong.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Yeah, Brighthand reported the news last week. The advantage of it is that it allows you to play DRM'd song via AAC file type from the RealPlayer store. Since I don't subscribe to their online music store, I personally have no interest in this player...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just wonder if it plays shoutcast streams like the full blown RealPlayer does.

I use that Softick PPP (not vision) from behind a firewall and cant connect to the steams I like.

Can Realplayer Mobile do this, and can you specify a proxy server?
  5.    #5  
    After reading that they had Treo 600 support, I downloaded all the Realplayer 10 application (and all the associated crap...).

Well, I've been unable to find any support for the Treo 600. There is an unworkable PRC, but I think that version is for other Palm OS devices. The Treo 600-specific PRC is MIA.

And I am SURE I saw a blurb on the Real site that said this version supported the Treo 600.
    "I see dead pixels..."
    not yet....I think the announcement said that Treo600 support would come later (in a month or so or at the end of this month...something like that)
    i heard by 12/31/04 or earlier
  8.    #8  
    http://www.theshiftedlibrarian.com/2004/01/08.html

Now to me, it looks like the following page indicates Treo 600 support with the newest version of this Real crap...

http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...alm/index.html

However, there is no PRC available on the site (that I can find). And none included with the download.
    "I see dead pixels..."
  9.    #10  
    "I see dead pixels..."
    Yep. Probably end of this month.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

I was at the Real Networks presentation yesterday at CES in Las Vegas and I must say I was truly impressed. It not only supports ACC files from the new Real Music store, but also iTunes! Then there is MP3 and pretty much ALL other file formats it will play. It looks like they are getting away from the pop-up BS as well.
    They showed the Treo during the presentation and played music from it on the conference room sound system - sounded really good. A VP from Palm Source (Ken Writ, I believe) also soke during the presentation.
    Honestly, I can't wait to get it for my Treo AND PC after seeing it in the presentation. Now if they would only get these updates for the Mac...
    Look on the right side of this page

In the little box on the right the link says
    " Get the new RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds and play RealPlayer Music Store files on your Treo 600, Tungsten, or Zire handheld! "

That being said I used to use the real player on my Tungsten and it was crap, constantly crashing and I even fried an SD card trying to add mp3 to my card through real player. On my T|T PocketTunes and AreoPlayer were way better, much more stable and 1/3 of the size. (The dam program uses a meg, and can not be kept on the SD card.) My son was using it on his Zire71 until I turned him on to pocket tunes. He said it was always crashing his Zire and that his games would slow to a crawl while using it. Not so with Pocket Tunes.

I'll let you guys try out the Real Player and report back before I go anywhere near it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Originally posted by rc46
    Look on the right side of this page

In the little box on the right the link says
    " Get the new RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds and play RealPlayer Music Store files on your Treo 600, Tungsten, or Zire handheld! "
    Yes it does. But when you login to download it only lists the Zire and Tungsten models. It seems like they made a mistake.

cash70

I emailed them on Friday in regards to support ofthe Treo 600.

I haven't heard back yet... Im not surprised.

I have never had good luck with Real. Unless I need to, I rarely install realplayer. It's a bloated, unstable application that tries to redirect every single media file in your system to it.

Hopefully the palm application will be better.
    As of 10:30am Eastern Time it's not available on 1/31. :^(
    All this hostility is completely unnesseccary. On the download page, yes it does mention the Treo 600...but note the asterisk...at the bottom of the page it says "The Treo 600 will be supported after January 31, 2004."

<EDIT>

Palm OS 5 Based Handheld

Installing & Using

Download the RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds and play RealPlayer Music Store files on your Treo 600*, Tungsten, or Zire handheld!
    below it says

* Treo 600 will be supported after Jan 31, 2004.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  17. tdf
    It's 2/1 and the * is gone. Downloading now.
  18. tdf
    * is gone but it still does not work on the Treo 600.
    The following is the response I received when I asked about their Treo 600 support. I specifically mentioned that they have promised a January 31st release date (I sent my email to them on Saturday as well)..........

Hello!
    Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Technical Support.

I am sorry to inform that Treo 600 is not yet supported by RealPlayer
    10 .

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your interest in our latest products, however, we
    maintain a policy of not commenting or speculating on any possible future
    products.

RealNetworks posts all relevant information about current product
    releases on our Web site. Please visit it at:

www.real.com

periodically to get the latest about RN.

I request you to keep visiting our website www.real.com for latest
    advancements made to our products and services.

---------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance,
    please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Roopa V
    B2K Corp.
    RealNetworks Authorized Support Provider
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast