Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having this irritating problem? I set my 3rd hard key (mail button) to Snappermail via prefs > buttons. However, I always have to re-set it b/c it continuously changes back to the default setting which in my case is Biz Conn? What's going on here? I also make sure the default mail app is Snappermail, but this also keeps changing back to Biz Conn! This is SOOOOOOO annoying! It just appears to occur randomly and w/o notice as far as I can tell. Is there some setting in Biz Conn that continously resets it as the default mail app? And if so, is ther some way to turn it off? Anyone have any thoughts? TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    BC is the culprit. Does it on my Treo 600 asl well. I've stopped fighting it.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I used to do soft resets a lot to get my game sounds back, but then I'd have to change the Mail button back from BC to Snappermail.......now I don't do any more resets.
    I just got rid of B/C and use only Snappermail.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I'm glad to know others have experienced the same problem. Other than deleting BC, does anyone know of a way of de-activating it so as it won't automatically configure the Treo to assign it as the default mail app and hard key shortcut? I really don't like it when apps hyjack your settings w/o even the option of turning it off! Very bad practise imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I reassigned photo slot in f way nav to snapper. so far it works ok.
    Same problem here and I've found no solution but avoiding soft resets. Since the latest Sprint upgrade (can you say unintended consequences?) this has become increasingly difficult.

DC
    If I don't use BC, can't I just delete the application? I don't anticipate using it in the future.
    I assign SnapperMail to the 3rd button. But every reset, Business Connection takes it over. I need BC on my Treo, but I'd pay real money for a program that would allow me to assign the 3rd button permanently. I'm using CoLauncher for a shifted 3rd button after BC takes over, but it won't hold just a simple 3rd button on SnapperMail.

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet? I too find it incredibly annoying and would love to find an answer. Thanks.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    You could probably use any launcher that hacked the buttons (and ignored builtin prefs) to fix it. There are a bunch, off hand- one that allows single button push to launch an app is FlexButton.

BTW when I played with FlexButton I found the builtin FlexMenu DA's used for multiple button pushes were a bit flakey. I used good ol' LDA panels 1.2.6, faster and completely stable (I used ButtonDA before OS 5).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I appreciate your response. I don't know quite what you mean and did a search for "FlexButton" and found nothing. Can you provide more info?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Not sure if this is a solution for everyone, but it no longer happens on my Treo. I was trying to save some RAM, so i moved (deleted, re-installed) BC from RAM to my SD card. I now launch BC using McPhling and - surprise - no more re-assigned hard keys.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Not sure if this is a solution for everyone, but it no longer happens on my Treo. I was trying to save some RAM, so i moved (deleted, re-installed) BC from RAM to my SD card. I now launch BC using McPhling and - surprise - no more re-assigned hard keys.
    Well yeah... if you delete or move the app to ram, it will no longer be memory resident and it can't automatically re-assign itself to the hard keys! The only problem with this is that it will longer download emails in the backround etc...

Anyway, I finally solved the problem too...Just delete BC!

Actually - i thought that was a sacrifice I'd have to make - no downloading of mail in the background. However, with the new BC, it seems to work. I have BC on the SD card and it gets mail in the background. I was so surprised that I actually reset my Treo when it made a few beep sounds while the screen was off (and BC in the background). I never imagined that it was downloading!
    I wonder if the BC program was on the card, but the background downloader (I believe it's a seperate .prc) is in the normal memory.
    Well, I went and checked. It looks like somehow, BC has copied itself into RAM! I KNOW I deleted this from RAM and installed to the card... I wonder what is going on here???
    whats BC ?
    Sprint Business Connect http://bc.sprintpcs.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast