1.    #1  
    I am a new owner of the most fantastic piece of portable comm. equip. out there and need some help.........
    I've done a search for dialing from the installed calendar and can find nothing on the subject! I would hope this would be available
    either on the 600 or through a 3rd party.......anyone have any
    ideas?
    I enter all of my customers info on calendar and sometimes need to call them when I'm on the way to their house and I need a way to do that easily w/o having to write the number to my contacts as around 50% of them are one appt. only and having to delete all of that really is a pain in the a**
    Any and all help is appreciated!

B.
    Last edited by deckbdlr007; 01/10/2004 at 10:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had a identical thought myself since I participate in conference calls many times each week...
    I was thinking that it would be cool if the Treo would treat ALL numbers (that don't start with a currency indicator) as "potential" phone numbers no matter what the application (to do, memo, calendar) and allow you to dial those numbers directly from that application. Something like a hyperlink that shows up in windows, excel, etc. and allows you to go directly to the website that is referenced.
    My method for dealing with this is to highlight the number using the stylus, hit 'menu/edit/copy', then go to the phone dialpad and hit 'menu/edit/paste'. The number will show up just as if you had entered the numbers manually with the key or touchpad. From there jus hit dial. I assume that this was intended but just not communicated (for whatever reason) since the treo even removes ('s an/or -'s that existed in the original number.
    This isn't EXACTLY what I wante but it is the only solution that I came up with for something that I too think is a must-have with this device.
  3.    #3  
    Calvinx,
    Thanks for the idea! I hadn't thought of that...........
    I too would like a "hyperlink" to make it easier!
    Again, Thanks!
    B.
    I completely agree, but why have to paste it into the phone app ? Why not just highlight a number, then have a Dial Highlight option in the dropdown menu ? And addtionally be able to assign that menu option to a keyboard shortcut so you can just press ctrl+<somekey> ?

Treo switches to the phone app, deals with the call, then switches back to your calendar view at the end of the call.

Regards

Mark
    I use TakePhone - visit the following link

http://www.shsh.com/downloads/index.html

for a utility TakePhone uses to dial external numbers.

Ben

-----------

Originally posted by deckbdlr007
    I am a new owner of the most fantastic piece of portable comm. equip. out there and need some help.........
    I've done a search for dialing from the installed calendar and can find nothing on the subject! I would hope this would be available
    either on the 600 or through a 3rd party.......anyone have any
    ideas?
    I enter all of my customers info on calendar and sometimes need to call them when I'm on the way to their house and I need a way to do that easily w/o having to write the number to my contacts as around 50% of them are one appt. only and having to delete all of that really is a pain in the a**
    Any and all help is appreciated!

B.
    For the Treo 600, you better go to
    www.shsh.com/beta

and download:
    - TAKEphONE 5.05m (99m) - the main TAKEphONE s/w.
    - TAKEphONE OS-5 extension - a utility to enable "highlight & dial" feature.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7.    #7  
    Man oh man ! Just what I was looking for !
    Awesome program!
    I knew someone out there would have already thought of this!
    Thanks again!
    B.