1.    #1  
    I'm just curious how new or old my PRL (10021) is...

What does this meann??
    hi, can you please tell me what PRL stands fo mine is also 10020, which I think has been undated? take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    From http://www.geocities.com/daveinfopage/sprintpcs.html

What is the "PRL" installed on the phone?

PRL stands for "Preferred Roaming List", which is used by the phone to locate different cell systems. The PRL is a list of bands and channels in order of preference which the phone uses when it attempts to locate and connect to a cell system, such as when you first turn the phone on.

There are two methods for updating the PRL on your phone:

1. Call *2 on your TP phone. Ask the Customer Advocate (CA) if he or she can update your PRL "over-the-air". Depending on which Sprint service center you reach with you dial *2, some can do the update immediately over-the-air, while some cannot. If you're lucky, the CA can install the latest PRL on your phone within 60 secs.

2. Take your TP phone to the nearest SprintPCS Center. This is usually a sure-fire way to get the latest PRL installed on your phone. Be sure to call ahead to see if their equipment is working properly before you head down to the Center.

My PRL is 10021.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Does it mean anything that there are a couple different PRL numbers here but that we are in different areas?

Are the PRLs related to where you are?

For example, I have 10020 here in Michigan but you have 10021 in LA.

Do I need 10021 or is 10020 OK here in Michigan?

Now my TREO is 1 month old. My coverage is OK, do get drop outs and such. Is this necessaryt to do because new Towers are installed all the time or what??

Why does this need to be done? I mean does it need to be done frequently? I am a little in the fog as to why this would need to be changed or checked regularly?

Thanks!
    10021 is the latest. According to some posters over at sprintusers.com, a new PRL is going to be out in Feb.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=33163
    How do you find which PRL # you haven
    Dial "##786" to learn what PRL version is on your phone. Besides this information, it will tell you how many minutes your phone has been used, as well as other particulars.
    Tks for the info.
    My PRL was updated to 10021.

Thanks for reading and see you out there.

Brad Hoesman Real Estate One Agent Ann Arbor, Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Is this whole PRL business a CDMA thing?? I'd never heard of this until I became a Sprint customer. With T-Mobile, my phone just picked up other towers when necessary. I didn't have to "update the phone" or anything. Just curious.
    HIYA, CAN YOU PLEASE TELLME WHAT PRL STANDS FOR...OOOPS SORRY TO SHOUT, TAKE CARE, JAY
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    kewllllllll, thanks, take care, jay
    Now it is 10021. Thanks for the help!
    Does anyone know if the prl is an isolated item to the Sprint Network? I've got Cingular and my Treo has a habit of picking up Cingular Extend as it's network. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this...

Thanks,
    Gene
    Sprint just had me dial *2. A voice message came on telling me they were updating my phone. I waited maybe 30 seconds then it said I could safely hang up and my phone was updated. tada....
    Originally posted by Ken Haynes
    Dial "##786" to learn what PRL version is on your phone. Besides this information, it will tell you how many minutes your phone has been used, as well as other particulars.
    Here is another way to find your PRL...
    When you are in the Phone App click the MENU button and then click "I" You will get the Phone Info.

BTW I am in Michigan and my PRL is 10021
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre