1.    #1  
    I'm probably not the heaviest of emailers thus I don't think I'm even close to over-using they keyboard. However, I've begun to notice that it's becoming increasingly difficult to use certain keys. Specifically in my case it is the letter "K" on the thumbboard. I find that often the key doesn't work and sometimes only works if I press long and hard. At first I thought it might be due to some software conflict, but I disabled all the usual suspects like KeyCaps600, TB, etc but to no avail I'm still having this problem. It is quite annoying to have a single defective button in the middle of the keyboard and I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem? I'm particularly interested in the letter "K" button b/c I know it is involved in the battery disconnect seqence (soft reset + "K" + backspace). I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/10/2004 at 12:23 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hmmm....I have not experienced any problems with the keyboard (yet).

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Hi, Zero problems here, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    boy they still have manufacturing quality problem as always.
    Yes, I had the exact problem with my 2nd treo 600

The K key was insensitive a day or so after i bought it. Unacceptable
    Returned it and got another one the next day.

Good so far.

Interesting that its also the 'k' key
    btw, what is the batt disconnect sequence and what is it for?
    Originally posted by kteh
    it resets the treo to the out of box state. deletes everything and it wont turn on until you plug it into a power source.

g-funk, since moving to plucker i mapped the K to a move around. I have had no problems yet (knock on wood).
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #8  
    Yes, I had the exact problem with my 2nd treo 600

The K key was insensitive a day or so after i bought it. Unacceptable
    Returned it and got another one the next day.

Good so far.

Interesting that its also the 'k' key
    Interesting...thanks for the info kteh. I think I'm also going to have to exchange my Treo. It's pretty odd though that in both cases it seems to have been the "K" button. I beginning to think that there must something particular regarding the "k" button that may cause this?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    Read this:

A battery disconnect reset is a last resort step you can take to quickly drain the battery, wipe all data, and regress your Treo 600 to its factory-fresh state.

10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Sarabande
    boy they still have manufacturing quality problem as always.
    I wouldn't go that far Saabande...er...I mean PURPLEX, Ska...

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    My keys work great except that i and o and p click with a high pitch...like plastic clicking.

The whole Treo 600 is a fantastic exercise in just the right quality to get by. I really admire the engineers.

But for the 700 I'd like a better keyboard, hi res, better speaker, speakerphone, recorder, Wifi and BT.

The other buttons are OK.