1.    #1  
    Ok, I finally got my Canon digital camera software loaded up again on my laptop so I'm ready to move my mini movies on to the SD card.

I got an extention for the Kinoma Producer trial so I am now able to convert my mini movies from the digicam to an AVI file. That is done.

The question is, how do I get it over from the Producer file to the Treo? I hotsynced and it's not there, I tried to drag and drop but the Treo desktop will not resize so I can drop it off there.

Anyone had any luck getting converted your personal video's onto the Treo with Kinoma Producer.

Any help would be great
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm not sure I understand? Have you converted the AVI movie files to kinoma format using the Treo600 settings? If so, Kinoma Producer should have created kinoma PDB files. All you need to do is double click on them to launch the install tool and then hotsync will automatically transfer them to the default launcher folder which is /palm/launcher/. Kinoma player should automatically detect to the new files and that it...

P.S. I just thought of something. Maybe you didn't specify where Kinoma producer saved the converted files on your desktop and that's why you can't find them? They are usually under my documents/my movies or something. Kinoma Producer doesn't atuomatically transfer the files to the Treo, it only converts btw....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just double-checked this with my Kinoma Producer 2.0.

Before you start converting, specify HotSync as your "Export location". This will bring up a dialogue for the "Palm User" (select your HotSync user profile), and Destination. The latter allows you to select "Handheld" or "SD card". Select appropriately, then do the conversion. When you next HotSync, the movie should be on your Treo (or card). The files are placed in the Palm/Launcher file.

To play the movies, you need to use the Kinoma player that is included with Producer. By the way, there is an upgrade to version 2.0.4 on their website.

Hope this helps....
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys!

I just got it to work! YAY!!

Gfunk, your post got me to thinking so I back tracked the source folder and I found the Hotsynced file there and I was able double click on it and install. Being able to see my family in live and living color bowling at a birthday party - PRICELESS! I know I'm geeky, but this was just soooooo cool.

Dalai, I had originally tried the way you specified since that is the logical way to convert and install but for some reason I was not able to access the file. But I'm gonna try another file (LOL) and this time be sure to check the desktop for the hotsynced file. The former is a few extra steps but getting personal mini video's on the Treo is well worth the effort.

Have a great weekend and thanks again!

P.S. Getting video's to run on the Treo for me was the ultimate bonus goal and I really appreciate this forum and the people here who help others answer questions and solve problems.

UPDATE: I just converted about 5 other video's and they do indeed go to the desktop. I guess in my frustration or initial attempts to install I was not looking in the right place. Now to see about posting a couple to my blog site....
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/09/2004 at 06:37 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Hey Everyone,

While we're talking Kinoma, I have recently been ripping some of my DVD's (using DVDDecrypter freeware), converting them to Divx format (using Gordian Knot and AutoGK; also freeware) and dropping them onto SD cards so I can see them on my Treo! For the most part they look great!! In general the movies are coming out to be under 500MB so I am breaking them into two parts and dropping them onto 256MB SD cards.

BTW, you NEVER want to sync a file that large onto a card. It can take close to an hour! Using a Cruzer or other such thing to do a USB transfer direct to the /PALM/Launcher folder on the card only take a couple of minutes.

Anyone else playing with this? Also, under the Fair Rights usage stuff that allows you to make a tape copy of a CD or backup copy of a CD is this activity legal? I am guessing it probably is so long as I don't load these things up on Kazaa... Anyone know for sure?

~O
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Getting video's to run on the Treo for me was the ultimate bonus goal and I really appreciate this forum and the people here who help others answer questions and solve problems.

Wow. You really ARE one GeekyMom.