Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Find a programer to take the bait yet? Who have y'all tried? This may be a neat app? I'll have to see when it hits.
  2.    #22  
    How about a $15 pledge?

Then when we actually get it you can decide whether or not it meets the specs. And then pay or not.
    I'll have to sleep on it. So you have someone working on this, or are you still looking for a programer?
    Thanks,Matt
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I'll have to sleep on it. So you have someone working on this, or are you still looking for a programer?
    Thanks,Matt
    Both. I encourage you to read (or re-read) my original post, and then my replies.

We sure would appreiciate a pledge. (You do not have to pay anything now.)
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/17/2004 at 07:02 PM.
    I read it a couple times and didn't see anything, but I didn't go word by word. I may have more time tonight. So pledge $15, that means that I would only have to pay if I like it?

I assumed that a pledge ment that I would pay reguardless, once the app is ready. I can pledge $5 reguardless. The $15 I am still not sure about untill I see it. I'll re-read everuthing again.
    Thanks
  6.    #26  
    I read it a couple times and didn't see anything, but I didn't go word by word. I may have more time tonight. So pledge $15, that means that I would only have to pay if I like it?

I assumed that a pledge ment that I would pay reguardless, once the app is ready. I can pledge $5 reguardless. The $15 I am still not sure about untill I see it. I'll re-read everuthing again.
    Thanks
    Yeah, if you think it sucks, then don't pay. It's really kind of an honor thing we got going. There is really no "formal" committment.
    We pledge 15.00.
    Any takers yet?
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by treo1
    We pledge 15.00.
    Any takers yet?
    There is one who's been actually working on this, time permitting, but apparently there are some tricky code issues regarding both the shift and option keys. The $ will help. Thanks for the pledge.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks to all of you who have pledged.

Let's do our best to encourage others here at TC to pledge and to help make others aware of our endeavor to get a working beta of TreoSelecText. Please post this pledge thread link in other appropriate threads. Email your Treo 600 friends everywhere!
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/18/2004 at 12:14 PM.
    Can I may a sugestion.....since you are the heading this up, make a new post like "New software - TreoSelecText" or the like and link to this thead and give a brief overview. I think a new post may bring more people on, as well as a new subject?

you met your goal, congrats
  11.    #31  
    Can I may a sugestion.....since you are the heading this up, make a new post like "New software - TreoSelecText" or the like and link to this thead and give a brief overview. I think a new post may bring more people on, as well as a new subject?

you met your goal, congrats
    It's a good idea. I'll get to that in a bit.
  12.    #32  
    I've got a working beta of TreoSelecText on my Treo 600 now.

I've been given permission to post the details here at TC. I will give them here, but please use this new thread for future posts: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...46518/s/h.html
    TreoSelecText functions like a native built-in tool, much like 'Texter.' There is no UI; the file resides in RAM and is deletable using fileZ.

It was created by Radoslaw Nowak, RNS, Founder and Chief Software Architect of Ranosoft, www.ranosoft.net/palm (HiLauncher, HoHo, HBX, etc.). I worked with him via email today, to tweak this as he coded the prc file via a simulator and then sent the test prc files to me for hardware testing. Very smooth operation indeed.

My specs for TST function were:

Highlight one word to right = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight one word to left = shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight one line up = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight one line down = shift+Rocker-down

Additionally, Radoslaw has coded a shift-rocker-center press to select the current line, regardless of where the cursor is. Nice.

TST has so far been exquisite on my GSM Treo 600, and consistent and stable. Amazing to be able to select text as in Windows.

Here are Radoslaw's instructions to me:

"You may announce the fact of your beta-testing on the TreoCentral Board, as well as the release time, price, place, etc... just don't share the file... Tomorrow I will post it on PalmGear and Handango for $14.95"

It is not clear to me how this directly affects your pledges, but there you go. You can buy it tomorrow for the same or less than your pledge (no one pledged less than $15.)

Personally, Radoslaw did an amazing job in one night. Many thanks.

Mission accomplished!
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/18/2004 at 07:43 PM.
    Kudos..
    you now have the title of "the TC, make it happen person".
    Hopefully your contact can be of more help to us in the future as well.

Regards, Matt
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12