Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone speake just went out--- the speaker phone still works but I cant hear the other party thru the handset speaker..... I call HS and they said they know about this problem and they are going to send me a replacement ( which is on backorder, app 3 weeks, they say) What a royal pain--- but they said when they send me the new unit, I am to keep that one and send the old one back in..... (at least they don't have you get the repaired one back) advanced replacemant program---- Just a warning this just happened all of a sudden---- I noticed that when I press the phone # on the screen they werent making a clicking noise anymore, and they I couldn't hear the other party on the phone.... Not much I can do- other than wait

PS: Damn good phone when it works!
    Same thing happened to me. I'll be calling today.
    Happened to me last week during a trip in Brasil. It was a royal pain, tokk me a while to understand what was happening!

Send back the phone to Hanspring support in France, which shipped a new one the same day. Waiting for it....
    --
    Manfred
  4.    #4  
    Update- It tooks 5 business days to send me an advanced replacement t600. "they told me that they were on backorder and that it would take 3weeks" But to my surprize it just took 5 days! BTW Backup man is awesome! it took just a few minutes to restore the new phone
    My first Treo suffered this same problem right out of the box. The local Sprint store replaced it no questions asked, although I had the phone for only a day.
    I hope this isn't a pervasive problem. Mine works ok thus far.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    I had the same problem with mine it wasa c version waited two weeks for replacement from sprint , they were nice enough to give me a samsung i500 to use not a bad phone but nnot a treo
    same thing hapen to me yesterday during a phone call

They will send another one

Marc-Andre
    It's an epidemic! Use your little earbud as a substitute!
    Just happenned to me as well. It's dead just like described above; however, when I move the four-way selector during a call the speaker will briefly operate. In fact if I move it quickly enough, left-right-left-right, I can almost listen to a whole voicemail before I become bored and just go to speakerphone which works fine.

This tells me that it may be a SW issue. So I did a hard reset - which didn't help at all. I'll be visiting a Sprint store in the next few days to get a replacement (yes I'll call ahead to make sure it's in stock).

Jason
    Me too - intermittent outages and crackling - took 3 biz days and Sprint (after a single call to CS) sent replacement (brand new boxed phone) and the return package...not bad support (local Sprint stores ALL out of supply)
    Charliec
    My wifes' first 600 speaker died within 2 weeks. It took 2 weeks to get a replacement. The second 600 was D.O.A. It would not hotsync. #3 is on the way.

I have had my 600 since 12/15. No problems.

My sister-in-law has had her 600 for 2 weeks. No problems.

F.Y.I.
    mine just went as well, but sprint gave me a loaner phone and then my new treo arrived 2 days later. so it wasn't so bad.

BUT it's still a defective product, which obviously i wasn't alone in having. what's up with the reliability of high end tech these days? spending more money used to mean you got a more reliable thing, now we just get flaky hardware and buggy software.

raz .::. http://wfnk.com
    What a pain in the ****. The speaker in my treo 180 died almost a year ago, which is why I've been so desparate for a treo 600. I can't believe the 600 suffers from the same problem!

Grrr
    Who did you all call: Sprint or Palm?
    Call sprint.
    I had the same problem. I picked up my replacement today.

Good luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    What a pain in the ****. The speaker in my treo 180 died almost a year ago, which is why I've been so desparate for a treo 600. I can't believe the 600 suffers from the same problem!

Grrr
    Are all of these posts related to Sprint phones? I see no mention of GSM...
    www.gsmworld.com
    I am on Sprint phone #4.

1. Returned because of Network Search Problem (had it for 3 months without any problems)
    2. Returned because Ear Speaker went dead. (had for 4 months without any incident)
    3. Returned because Ear Speaker quality got very poor - crackling, buzzing, and callers were incomprehendable. (had for 3 days until problems started occurring.)
    1st phone returned after 4 months due to dead ear-piece.

2nd phone returned after 1 week due to dead ear-piece.

3rd phone alive and well so far.

Orange UK GSM model.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast