Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Not while running TC ringer, but if anything else causes a soft reset, TC Ringer causes the reset loop, which can only be fixed with a hard reset.

Here're the error codes.

../Src/GSMStartup.c,
    Line:204, GSMLibInstall
    - SysNotifyRegister
    failed

I can't prove it's TC Ringer, but when it is not installed I don't get the loop. I've gone through this about 5 or 6 times now.

It will stay off my Treo until the next beta.

This issue, I believe, was fixed a long time ago in the 1.0.2 final release (I think that it is the version number). Unfortunately that version has not been posted by TC.
    Originally posted by sgruby

This issue, I believe, was fixed a long time ago in the 1.0.2 final release (I think that it is the version number). Unfortunately that version has not been posted by TC.
    I am (was) using v. 1.0.8. Also, this version does not permit copying or moving "internal" DB sound files. Very odd, IMO.

I am (was) using v. 1.0.8. Also, this version does not permit copying or moving "internal" DB sound files. Very odd, IMO.
    Wouldn't move or copy for me either (same version).
    I can't prove it's TC Ringer, but when it is not installed I don't get the loop. I've gone through this about 5 or 6 times now.

It will stay off my Treo until the next beta.

using 1.08 from the link in this thread, i had the same looping madness.

Once I removed tc-ringer from backup, I was finally able to stop the loop after a hard reset.

Is there no way to do the warm reset on the 600?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

Is there no way to do the warm reset on the 600?
    I've done the warm reset on the 600, but once you're in that endless loop (heretofore known as TELT for That Endless Loopy Thingy), there doesn't seem to be any way to get the warm reset. It's hard reset or nothing.
    Originally posted by Alli

I've done the warm reset on the 600, but once you're in that endless loop (heretofore known as TELT for That Endless Loopy Thingy), there doesn't seem to be any way to get the warm reset. It's hard reset or nothing.
    That is correct, and TELT is documented on the Handspring support pages as being NOT fixable with a warm reset. Once your in TELT land you're committed to a hard reset. But BackupMan makes that painless.

That is correct, and TELT is documented on the Handspring support pages as being NOT fixable with a warm reset. Once your in TELT land you're committed to a hard reset. But BackupMan makes that painless.
    Thanx Alli.

ely,

I use backupbuddy on my desktop, so I wasn't affraid to do a hard reset, but the treo resets after installing from backup buddy. It only worked after I del ringer from back up.

does a restore from backupman not have the automatic reset?
    Felipe

Thanx Alli.

ely,

I use backupbuddy on my desktop, so I wasn't affraid to do a hard reset, but the treo resets after installing from backup buddy. It only worked after I del ringer from back up.

does a restore from backupman not have the automatic reset?
    Not sure I follow you there... but if TC Ringer is in your backup folder (or BackUpMan set), regardless of whether it's BUB or BUM, it will still cause TELT. Deleting it from your Backup is the way to fix this and to ensure that you don't re-install it after another hard reset and restore. The problem is not with the Backup utility, so it doesn't matter which one you're using. What's happening is that after a BackupBuddy restore, your Treo has to reset (soft), at which point you enter TELT. This is what TC Ringer is doing. I never got TELT from running inside TCR, but only after a soft reset inside another app. That is why the system error log never knew which app caused the error, but it did know what the error was. Hope that made sense.
    Unless you get the executable from TreoCentral, I'm not sure I'd trust it. Some of the version numbers got a little messed up and the only way to ensure that you have the latest version is to get it from TreoCentral when they post it.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    Unless you get the executable from TreoCentral, I'm not sure I'd trust it. Some of the version numbers got a little messed up and the only way to ensure that you have the latest version is to get it from TreoCentral when they post it.
    Version 1.08 comes from the Treo Yahoo Groups File page, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/files/, (you have to sign in) and is the only TC Ringer prc file anywhere called "TCRingerTreo600.prc." It appears to be a genuine beta, though it definitely casues TELT and also does not permit copying and/or moving files from "internal" db on some devices. (HoHo does this without any problems at all, and more).

Is there a stable beta for the Treo 600? If so, where? The TC Store does not have any downloads yet (though it was promised for this week). And the MarkSpace d/l (1.06) is not indicated for the Treo 600.

Version 1.08 comes from the Treo Yahoo Groups File page, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/files/, (you have to sign in) and is the only TC Ringer prc file anywhere called "TCRingerTreo600.prc." It appears to be a genuine beta, though it definitely casues TELT and also does not permit copying and/or moving files from "internal" db on some devices. (HoHo does this without any problems at all, and more).

Is there a stable beta for the Treo 600? If so, where? The TC Store does not have any downloads yet (though it was promised for this week). And the MarkSpace d/l (1.06) is not indicated for the Treo 600.
    You'll need to get TreoCentral to post the latest version (I can't remember what it was). While it may seem like a legitimate version from the Yahoo group, I don't think they have permission to distribute it.

TreoCentral never sent me any bug reports that even resemble the issues you've been describing, so I have no idea if they are still there in the version that TreoCentral has.

(I did write the application, but I no longer have a Treo, so I can't take a look at any of the issues reported.)
    It has been abandoned. So I would say, OPEN SEASON!!!!
    They have dropped support, so I do not see any problems with doing whatever you want to/with it.
    http://www.markspace.com/support/faq_tcringer.html
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Who would I contact to get my old reg code. I kinda didn't keep up with it, and would like to be able to use tc-ringer on the new phone.
    The version posted at Yahoo works great for me. No crashes etc.. and it has a beautiful color icon too. My old reg code work. I save ALL my reg codes.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    The version posted at Yahoo works great for me. No crashes etc.. and it has a beautiful color icon too. My old reg code work. I save ALL my reg codes.
    yardie,

telt happens the next time the reset happens. you wont be able to stop the treo from resetting until you remove tc ringer from your backup folder.
    Felipe
    Felipe,

So you saying my Treo should good in a loop every time that I perform a soft reset? Or are you talking about when the unit have to reset itself?

yardie,

telt happens the next time the reset happens. you wont be able to stop the treo from resetting until you remove tc ringer from your backup folder.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Felipe,

So you saying my Treo should good in a loop every time that I perform a soft reset? Or are you talking about when the unit have to reset itself?

My treo reset itself all by itsellf and wouldnt stop the loop until i removed tc ringer.

i dont think it matters how the reset happens (intentially or not), telt happens after.
    Felipe
    Add me to the list of "telt", after I removed TC Ringer from the backup, all was fine again...
    Since the developer has completely dropped this product, and won't sell or support it anymore, would someone be willing to PM me a registration code (unless it's tied to the hotsync id, in which case it won't do me any good). Even in it's currenly flawed condition, at least I can use it to move sounds between databases.

And no lectures on piracy, please. I'd buy it if the developer fixed the bugs and offered it for sale. Heck, I might even register it as is. But he's not offering me that option. He's made it clear he has no intention of generating revenue off the product, so I'm not cheating him of anything.

In a similar vein, anyone know what happened to the developer of iRing? Neither Handango nor PalmGear have it on their site anymore, and the home page listed in the Help/About in the apps menu doesn't exist. That's another app I might be willing to pay $6 to register, but can't.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I also get the reset loop w/ TCRinger installed. Took me forever to find out which app caused it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast