1.    #1  
    Hi,

Trying to get maps from Avantgo & Mapquest. I subscribed to the channel, filled out the form, and submitted it. A message comes up: "Your map will be available after the next synchronization"

Yet after xxx synchronizations, the maps never seem to show up anywhere.

Anyone know what's missing here, or where the maps have disappeared to?

I'm expecting a new link should show up somewhere with the map/directions
    I no longer use avantgo, but I believe these maps can be access from the file menu. I think it was the Form Manager option, if not then one of the other menu option from the File Menu.

They don't show up on your regular list that is on the "Home" page.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    AlexMagoo...it works ok. Here is what you have to do:

1. Download map or directions to PDA per Mapquest instructions.
    2. Make sure you save it with a name other than Mapquest just in case you do have the Mapquest channel.
    3. When you click "Save Map" it will automatically bring up the Avantgo website. You have to login.
    4. Once you login you will see the "Create Custom Channel" page. This will show the channel title (name you used to save the map).
    5. Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save Channel".
    6. Now you can sync your Treo. The map will appear under your Avanto channels.

The maps look good, however, if you save door-to-door directions you will find them too small to read. Especially if you are doing 75-80 MPH on the highway.

Hope it helps.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Better still, download the free program Directory Assist, which will let your treo use its wireless internet connection to find phone numbers, addresses, maps and driving directions. and you can use your built in address book to choose the starting or ending location for directions too. great free app.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks everyone, I have found my maps!!!

Alex
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BS Mann
    Better still, download the free program Directory Assist, which will let your treo use its wireless internet connection to find phone numbers, addresses, maps and driving directions. and you can use your built in address book to choose the starting or ending location for directions too. great free app.
    Where can you find Directory Assist? I've searched every where for the program.
    Originally posted by stteve

Where can you find Directory Assist? I've searched every where for the program.
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi