Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by SmartPhoneTools
    We have a new set of tools for the Treo 600

check out http://www.SmartPhoneTools.com for the details.
    Interesting application. It's looks nice (shame there's no demo as others have stated); however, I wish there was a desktop component similar to Natara's Comet call log. Is there any way to transfer the DB from the treo to computer using your software?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #22  
    http://www.smartphonetools.com/

We have just released a new version of PhoneToolsPro Suite For The Treo 600 and an exporter to export .csv files to the pc.

Among the many new features we have added, in direct response to the users of TreoCentral we have added:

Free incoming call support
    Dropped call logging - Get that Air Time Credit!
    Roaming Call Logging
    Data KB usage by Time and usage.

and the new Call History Exporter for Treo 600, Kyocera 7135 or Qcp 6035

There is a demo of the Call History Exporter for Treo 600, Kyocera 7135 or Qcp 6035.

And Still sorry to say there still is not a Demo PhoneToolsPro Suite For The Treo 600.

http://www.smartphonetools.com/
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by Mendi
    Does Treo 600 PhoneToolsPro Suite track/log dropped calls? If so, the program can pay for itself!

Yes The New Version Supports logging of dropped calls?

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have an earlier version that I purchased back in February, how do I get an upgrade? The website seems to have left that option out.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    I have an earlier version that I purchased back in February, how do I get an upgrade? The website seems to have left that option out.

Please Email Support@SmartPhoneTools.com
    I am currently evaluating this application and will be posting a detailed review in a week or so.

Initial impressions are good. The first thing I noticed was the user guide. I am one of those freaks who reads the manual first. It looks like it's well done and informative.

The app itself seems clean too. It has a nice look to it.

More later.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I upgraded to the new version last night. So far Call History has caused several soft resets.

##377 says

A reset was caused on
    4/25/04 at 4:55 pm
    while running "Call
    History":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:4613, Chunk under-
  8.    #28  
    How Big is your history?
    How many Entries?
    What were you doing when it reset?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    There are 221 entries dating back to when I bought the Treo in Feb.

I was playing with different list sorts and field widths. It was not until I clicked on done that the reset occurs. It does not happen every time.
  10.    #30  
    I am not able to reproduce the error.
    Would you be able to state the minimum number of actions to get to the failure
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartPhoneTools
    I am not able to reproduce the error.
    Would you be able to state the minimum number of actions to get to the failure
    Now that I am trying to reproduce the problem it is not happening. I probably made about 2 or 3 column moves, 3 or 4 column width changes and about 6 to 8 different data sorts. The application behaved fine, the reset occurred during the exit process. It hasn't happened enough to see a pattern, I will let you know if I do.
  12.    #32  
    Thank you!
    Any plans on introducing facility to track SMS messages?
    If you would like more interest in your product, you will need a trial version for most of us to check out.
    Not being able to try on a suit before you make the purchase is ludicrous. The same must be said about your software. Makes no difference what kind of service or refund policies you have in place. Your idea of a good and stable application is only defined by your vision, not those of many, many other Treo 600 users.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Last thing I need is another program that causes a reset! This is why I personally require a demo!

Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    I upgraded to the new version last night. So far Call History has caused several soft resets.

##377 says

A reset was caused on
    4/25/04 at 4:55 pm
    while running "Call
    History":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:4613, Chunk under-
    We have a review of SmartPhoneTools posted at www.treobits.com

We also currently have a contest running wherein were giving away a free copy of the entire suite to (1) winner.

I can vouch that this is a great product.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I like the new upgrade but I am having some problems with it. When there is a data connection all timer based apps such as Tickers and Games jump into warp drive running a very rapid pace. Close the data connection and everything returns to normal.

I tried setting the Net Delay sec: to 0 but this causes a 5 second freeze up at the close of each wireless related application. I also have to wait for a new data connection every time I change data applications.

The rapid speed problem has caused a reset that required a hard reset and software restore from BackupMan.
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith
    We have a review of SmartPhoneTools posted at www.treobits.com

We also currently have a contest running wherein were giving away a free copy of the entire suite to (1) winner.

I can vouch that this is a great product.
    I personally wouldn't call this a review as it does nothing but talk positive about the product. Endorsement would be the word here.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Well here it is. My impressions of SmartPhoneTools Phone Tools Suite. Long post, be prepared.

First impressions are good. The manual is well done and the program it self looks clean and easy to understand. Of course reading the manual helps.

Installation was a breeze. Most palm apps are easy to install so that’s not a real selling point. Once installed you need to go to the display preferences on the phone screen and change the center button to PhoneTools. This brings the app up in place of the call log which is the default. There are a couple of things added to what you get. Call Log, Air Usage and dial pad. The dial pad option is handy if you have wallpaper as your default screen, or so one would think. Clicking dial pad does nothing on my phone. The wall paper stays there and no dial pad appears. So much for that feature.

The list is very similar to what appears when you have the default set. A list of your most recent calls that you can pick from to dial.

Air Usage brings up the call totals screen. Good info here if you went in and did the setup on your account. You have to know when peak starts and stops, what day your plan resets, data rates, extra minute charges etc. This is also a bit of a pain because you have to set each day separately. A real pain if you have a plan like mine. 2000 minutes anytime. I could care less about off peak and extra minute charges because I never have them. Could have skipped this whole section, but in fairness to the developer I set it up to test it. If you are after that kind of info it does a good job of tracking it. Not 100% accurate for me, but pretty close. No guarantee Sprint is accurate either right?

Call Log is pretty cool. It allows you to sort your calls by who when or length. There is also an icon for each call that shows what it was. These include missed, incoming, outgoing, dropped, data, roaming, free and mobile. Whew! That’s a lot of icons to learn. Does anyone really care about all that? The Call Log is versatile and easily tweaked to your preferences. I did have one gripe with it though. When you hit the center button and choose Call Log, get comfortable. It has to do so much loading and sorting it took almost ten seconds to appear. For me that’s just too slow. The stock call log may not do all the nifty tricks but it’s there when I push the button. The slow speed of this feature made me want to dump it pretty quickly.

One other feature that annoyed the hell out of me. Whenever you are done with a call, a window pops up asking if this number is a mobile to mobile number. If you select yes is puts it in your free phone to phone list. Those numbers don’t count against your minutes. The bad part is, it does this for every call you get or make and in most cases sits there until you push the yes or no button. Drove me crazy. I couldn’t find a way to shut this off. If it’s not there it should be. Makes one more step for ending every call. PITA! The idea is nice because it beats trying to manually add all your numbers. The problem is most people may not be aware of all their friends’ carriers? I mean I had to stop and think each time if the person I just talked to was eligible for free pcs to pcs. That and the required yes/no after each call was a pain. After the first few calls I just hit NO for everything.

Last feature and then I am done. Why are there three icons? One for Call History, Call Totals and one for the suite which I believe contains the first two. And all three are the same. What do I need three identical icons for when I would always activate via the center button anyway? Baffles me.

I think this is a decent app if you are a bit anal about your call history and your minutes used. I could care less so it has no real value to me. If you need the features it offers, you should give it a try. Although you must remember there is no demo. You’ll have to pony up the $20 to make sure if you really need/like it. If you don’t you can get a refund, but wouldn’t it be nice to just delete it and be done?
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast