1.    #1  
    THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Treo has developed the dreaded loose screw rattle and also has become very unstable (coincidence? I don't know). The problem is, I ordered my T600 on DAY ONE that they were available, so I'm considerably past the 14 day window for Handspring to do anything about it. Now I have to deal with Sprint. They won't do anything about it over the phone. That would be too easy! I've had to go to 3 different Sprint stores. No one has stock and it isn't on their DHRP list, so I can't seem to be able to arrange a replacement! They actually have told me that I have to keep physically returning to a Sprint store in person to check if it's on the DHRP list and start the process for a replacement. Can you believe they don't have a simpler contingency??!!
    When I say unstable, the phone has literally hard reset itself THREE different times without me pushing ANY of the buttons! Thank GOD I back up to the card!
    The best Sprint could do for me at the store level as of yesterday was trade me out to a Toshiba Windows smartphone! Have you ever seen the size of this beast! It's 3 times the size of the T600! When I refused that, they offered the Samsung. Come on! This should drive Handspring crazy, yet when I told HS about this today, they didn't care.
    I've read all of the rattle threads and it seems that the majority of TreoCenrtral users have had an easier time than I am having!
    I'm losing hope quickly!
    Sorry to vent!
    That sounds like a nightmare.

If you had replacement insurance and if something were to happen to the phone, I think that replacements are sent direct from the company.

On the down side you will be without the phone for a few days, but getting a new one might be worth the gamble -- well if you aren't trading one problem for a bigger one that is.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Just out of curiousity, is there another Sprint Store near you?

There is about 10 within 30 min of me.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by RWerksman
    Just out of curiousity, is there another Sprint Store near you?

There is about 10 within 30 min of me.
    I've been to the 3 that are near my home or work that are "service centers" (now THERE'S a funny phrase!). Sprint tells me that only a service center location is authorized to order replacement phones. The next closest service center location is about 25 miles away and I've tried to call them, but they don't answer their phone (another classic warning sign from a PHONE company!).

Also, I do have the Sprint $4 a month insurance, I think it's called Lockline or something. They said they don't have a replacement at this time in stock, but they will gladly take my credit card number, bill me $35 and send me one as soon as they become available. The thing that pisses me off is this seems to be a known defect and I don't think I should pay the $35 deductible in this case. OK...if I drop the phone or something I'd gladly pay it, but I treat this device like it's a baby and did nothing to harm it, so I balked at paying the $35.

Thanks for your replies
    Originally posted by firstbeat
    They said they don't have a replacement at this time in stock, but they will gladly take my credit card number, bill me $35 and send me one as soon as they become available. The thing that pisses me off is this seems to be a known defect and I don't think I should pay the $35 deductible in this case. OK...if I drop the phone or something I'd gladly pay it, but I treat this device like it's a baby and did nothing to harm it, so I balked at paying the $35.

Thanks for your replies
    Now that really sucks that they don't even have replacements. If it was me, I would pay for the replacement, hold on to the old phone to make sure that the new one doesn't have any bugs in it before I return it.

Good luck, the Treo is one Awesome phone, it's sad that some units have these bugs and glitches. But definately worth keeping and getting one that you will be satisfied with.

-Cheers
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Call Sprint @
    1866-207-7913
    1800-658-7564
    1877-822-7505

These numbers are great! Call and you will get an a Gold Rep (level 3) in less than a minute. All reps are extremely helpful and are mostly very knowledgeable.
    All noobs click here
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for the level 3 support numbers. I should have looked for these sooner!
  8.    #8  
    UPDATE

So yesterday the manager of my local Sprint store called me to say the T600 was suddenly on the replacement list and I should run back tot he store and order my replacement. Well I couldn't run back up there as I was out on the road. She was very nice and said she'd try and do it for me without me having to physically go in there, but couldn't gaurantee that it would get done, and I should give it till next Tuesday to see If I get a replacement phone sent to me. Sure enough today (Friday 1/9), UPS comes waltzing into my office with a new phone overnighted from Sprint! Amazing! It's actually a refurbished unit...looks absolutely mint condition. I had it reprogramed in 2 minutes thanks to the level 3 phone numbers that Producer was kind enough to post in this thread, ran Botzum Backup and forced Vision provisioning by trying to Fetch new Snappermail, and I was literally up and running with the replacement phone in under 10 minutes.

My whining is over...for now!