1.    #1  
    A quote from the new version of the Treo 600 Developer's guide (available from the PalmOne site):

"REM sleep is a new operating mode for Treo™ 600 that has the device running with the display off. That is, from the users perspective the device is turned off, but the software operates as if the device is completely active (i.e. the software is dreaming)..."

What do Treo 600s dream of? A passionate interface with a Tungsten W perhaps?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    ROFL!!
    it dreams of the day when it is grown up and has a hi-res screen with bluetooth built in.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    In all seriousness, I think it is reffering to things such as the HS mail app that checks your email without turning the screen on at user defined increments.
    Originally posted by albertb
    In all seriousness, I think it is reffering to things such as the HS mail app that checks your email without turning the screen on at user defined increments.
    That would be nice, the darn thing shines like a beacon in the middle of the night.

Is this an upcoming upgrade?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My Treo dreams of electric sheep, and good days at Starbucks where GPRS signals are strong and plentiful... oh, and built-in Bluetooth for 'Blue Jacking'
    personlly my light only comes on when an email is received, otherwise it will check in the background and keep going. Whats the point of getting an email if there is no alert? And all the alerts on the T600 turn the backlight on.
    So in essence, it is connecting to the server and checking email in 'REM sleep', with the display off.