Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 128
  1. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #101  
    Originally posted by smiley88
    Lightwav should work if you beam a wave from another palm or pocketPC. if you don't have card the file will be saved in RAM and you can then use Lightwav to play or use it in your Alarms. PocketTunes can't read wave and mp3/ogg files in RAM but they said it shouldn't be problem to add in the future release.

    There isn't a problem for us to add support to read wave files from ram and use it as ringTones. uncompressed wave files tend to get really really big and mp3 is cool.

    if enough request for this we can add it very quickly.
    Does it have to be beamed? I have a flaky SD card that doesn't keep its connection with the device. I can't rely on it being there for a wav/mp3 to play. Can I copy a wav file to ram with Filez to use it? I would also require playing from ram for ringtones to purchase.

    Jason
  2. #102  
    Really? Wow I thought the OS couldn't do this. I know that you can't synch a wave or MP3 except to a card. I've already bought Lightwav and would love the ability to use a file in RAM.

    Originally posted by smiley88
    Lightwav should work if you beam a wave from another palm or pocketPC. if you don't have card the file will be saved in RAM and you can then use Lightwav to play or use it in your Alarms. PocketTunes can't read wave and mp3/ogg files in RAM but they said it shouldn't be problem to add in the future release.

    There isn't a problem for us to add support to read wave files from ram and use it as ringTones. uncompressed wave files tend to get really really big and mp3 is cool.

    if enough request for this we can add it very quickly.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #103  
    You can't sync wave to ram but if you had read the Lightwav manual you will note that you can convert a wave file from the card to ram and use it as alarm sound.

    besides beaming you can record a sample using voicememo to the card then use Lwav to convert it to ram.
  4. #104  
    Ah, you are right of course. Shows how much I read the manual!

    Originally posted by smiley88
    You can't sync wave to ram but if you had read the Lightwav manual you will note that you can convert a wave file from the card to ram and use it as alarm sound.

    besides beaming you can record a sample using voicememo to the card then use Lwav to convert it to ram.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. #105  
    If anyone here tries toysoft's LightWav and then wishes to test Xingtone to deliver your mp3/wav ringtones to your Treo, send me an email (eric@xingtone.com) and I will send you a free copy of the Xingtone software to beta test.

    We look forward to empowering Treo 600 owners with such capabilities. The device seems to do everything else! Props to toysoft as well.

    Eric
    eric@xingtone.com
  6. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #106  
    Originally posted by ecraw76
    I will send you a free copy of the Xingtone software to beta test.
    How does the Xingtone beta differ from what LightWav offers?

    Jason
  7. #107  
    Xingtone allows you to edit the sound file (to create the segment that you wish to use as a ringtone) and upload it to your Treo. It essentially packages a few steps together in one program (create/distribute). Toysoft handles the last step that actually allows you to use the file as a ringtone.
  8. jasonsf's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #108  
    Originally posted by ecraw76
    Xingtone allows you to edit the sound file (to create the segment that you wish to use as a ringtone) and upload it to your Treo. It essentially packages a few steps together in one program (create/distribute). Toysoft handles the last step that actually allows you to use the file as a ringtone.
    I see. So LightWav would still be required to actually use the ringtone. I might try it out once I get lightWav working. Still have an issue concerning the SD card.

    Jason
  9. #109  
    Note to developer:

    I am going to hold out for the features that will allow me to assign ringtones to the caller and silence the ring via a keypress. It would be great if the picture ID was available as well but I can live without that.

    Not trying to jump on the slammin bandwagon but thought you would like the feedback.

    Good job on the first to market bit!
  10. #110  
    Does anyone have issues of LightWav soft reseting the device? I'm having two issues really. I mentioned in a post earlier about the Lightwav crashing my device

    1. when I play a wav (in the app) and I hit CLOSE, right when the wav finishes playing (there is a slight pause before the pop up dashboard disappears), the device just freezes. need a soft reset.

    2. on occasion, a ring will actually soft reset the device halfway through playing it.

    I might be a conflict with some other program but I don't seem to be able to find out what. I think it may be an issue with PocketTunes rather than Lightwav. Do any of you have issues with PocketTunes softreseting your device?
  11. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #111  
    Found it purely by mistake....but works none-the-less!

    When a call comes in simply press the 0 (zero) number ke and the MP3 stops playing, and the call continues to ring!

    This is how it works......

    any sound that comes in while p-tunes is playing (like the "ding" sound that the phone makes when you unplug the charger), interupts the playing of the MP3. So pressing the "0" (zero) key durring the call will cause a "ding" and stop the MP3 from playing!

    Try it out!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  12. #112  
    Got the demo running to a satisfactory degree. I do get the soft reset problem when playing an mp3, but so far not when actually ringing....

    This program allows some incredible possibilities... Right now, I have a synthesized voice saying, "Answer the phone!"... Think of what you could do with various and assundry voice clips, especially when toysoft allows you to assign different mp3's to different callers........
  13. #113  
    Need to be able to assign different wavs or mp3s to different alarms **within** an application.

    In datebk5 (www.pimlicosoftware.com) each event can have a different midi alarm associated with it .......(or via event category)

    Imagine having alarms that say
    "Meeting in 5 minutes"

    at the moment the description of the product is :
    LightWav allows you to associate any uncompressed wave file, mp3 or ogg (requires PocketTunes) file to any **application.**

    So that means that all datebk5 alarms would say " Meeting in 5 minutes" when it was actually a haircut in 2 hours or someones birthday or something.

    I sugested previously that this could be done using midi sound placeholders and having the calling application call the midi in question and lightwav decode that to the right WAV file but toysoft said it required hacks etc to achieve .....but you never know what is possible do you!
    .no sig.
  14. #114  
    Does anyone know of a good source for some MP3 ringtones. In particulair I am looking for some voice ringtones. I've got LightWav working, and now I just want to get some files to use on it.

    Thanks in advance,
    Paul
  15. #115  
    To keep it simple I love the concept of this app. Here a few things I believe absolutely have to be resolved. I will not buy until the first two are rectified despite the fact that I have a ton of mp3s ready to go.

    The first two are direct quotes from Dune:
    "1) You MUST be able to silence the ring (without answering or ignoring the call).
    2) Ringer volume MUST NOT be dependent on PTunes volume.
    (These two issues have been covered previously, but they're on my list as well)"

    - I know a workaround now exist for #1 (push 0) but I think it needs to be the side volume buttons for easy access while in my pocket.

    3) If mp3s can be made to play from RAM then this needs to happen. It is too common for the SD card to become unmounted after resets and any other reason. I have a Sandisk card btw, not some generic brand. Since it is currently necessary to use a silent ringer for your standard ringer you will not be alerted if a call comes in and your SD card is unmounted.

    - I guess another fix (if mp3s can't exist in RAM) would be to have the program control the built in ringers. We could set a built-in ringer to be used if the program can't find an mp3 file on a card. This would ensure we didn't miss calls even if it didn't address the reliability of mp3 ringers.

    - I believe the different rings for different people addition is a nice touch but I wouldn't categorize it as essential.

    The purpose of this post is to encourage further development not to be negative.
  16. 666
    666 is offline
    666's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    #116  
    just tried the demo out & it's a very nice little app
    so far no real issues apart from spending 30 mins wondering why it didn't work then finding out i had to actually enable it first! i guess i should really read instruction manuals
    theres only a couple of things i'd like to see improved on it & Bigtreo covered one of them

    1, as Bigtreo said it definatly needs something like a default lightwav midi ringtone as back up for if the SD card has accidentally ejected or isn't in the device.

    2, the wife isn't happy that it nearly deafened her when she phoned me last night (guitar feedback down a mobile phone line couldn't have been nice ) is it possible to fix the problem where the caller hears the a bit of the ringtone occasionally? not that it worries me too much cos i don't tend to phone myself too often!

    3, what happens if you are using ptunes with headphones at the time of an incoming call?

    4, any chance of being able to pay by paypal?
  17. #117  
    Originally posted by wasinaus
    Need to be able to assign different wavs or mp3s to different alarms **within** an application.

    In datebk5 (www.pimlicosoftware.com) each event can have a different midi alarm associated with it .......(or via event category)

    Imagine having alarms that say
    "Meeting in 5 minutes"

    at the moment the description of the product is :
    LightWav allows you to associate any uncompressed wave file, mp3 or ogg (requires PocketTunes) file to any **application.**

    So that means that all datebk5 alarms would say " Meeting in 5 minutes" when it was actually a haircut in 2 hours or someones birthday or something.

    I sugested previously that this could be done using midi sound placeholders and having the calling application call the midi in question and lightwav decode that to the right WAV file but toysoft said it required hacks etc to achieve .....but you never know what is possible do you!
    hehee.. that would be really neat if PalmOS5 will allow us to hack it but at this point to support customized alarm sound we need to hack datebook. this should be a problem. it would need alot of planning and test. Let us work on it and see if we can just hack "datebook" for now.

    if you like to just in touch see us an email and quote this msg to hackdbook@toysoft.ca

  18. #118  
    Great app guys!

    I too would like to have a seperate volume control and a fix to the caller hearing the ringer.

    Thanks for all the hard work.
  19. #119  
    Has anyone had the trial version of Light expire in 1 day? I've had this happen twice now. The message pops up that "Your 7 Day trial period is now over." The first time this happen I had to hard reset the Treo and reinstall Lightwav to be ableto try it some more. But again the "Trial over period" message comes up in less than 24 hours of install. Can anyone offer up some advice so I can try it out for the whole 7 days before I buy? Thanks in advance.
  20. #120  
    I echo the sentiment that having different ringtones for different callers is a must have feature, if it had this feature I would absolutely buy it, without this it is pretty much useless to me because the main reason I use ringtones is to differentiate callers.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions