Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    guys: please help me: I'm on the road now, and I can't get the prc file. can someone post the trial version, so I can play with it? I won't be home till friday, and I really want to check it out!
    Trial is working for me now, works great. Two issues with the program, can't really call them bugs though:

1) It is impossible to silence the ringer by pressing a button, which is normal treo 600 funcionality. Can only silence the ringer by pressing "Ignore," which immediately sends the call to voicemail. Need to be able to easily silence the ringer without affecting the call.

2) The ringer volume is tied to the PocketTunes volume, so if you listen to PocketTunes at a low volume, you have to remember to turn the volume back up when you exit, otherwise it will ring very quitely.

2 Kind of picky issues, but important to me. I'm going to email this to the developer.
    Unfortunately I seem to have a conflict of some sort. Rebooting after installing Lightwav still causes my Treo to go into a semi TELT. It actually gets up as far as the phone app, but then immediately reboots. I can break the cycle, and actually see how the program works (looks great!) but it has some other conflict with something and prevents my shortcuts from running and then treats phone calls as though they were PocketTunes and cuts them screen and sound off after 30 seconds. Ah well.
    OK, the new version of the demo works fine for me, and I have to say, "It rocks!" I know there are a few chinks in its armor that I haven't come across yet, but the Toysoft folks did a great job on this. Thanks!

And by the way, I'll be getting the full version ASAP.
    I tried the demo and I'm having issues with wav files. When I choose to play the file, and I hit close right when the file finishes playing it would freeze the treo. Are others having the same issue?
    For those of you who are having problems when Lwav plays the mp3 and then after you hear the midi ringtone. goto the sound prefs and select Tones Tab then select "Silent" as the alarm
    Can someone tell me if you have the phone in... I don't know, quiet mode I suppose? (via the switch on the top), does that also affect this ringer? (As in, let's say i'm in a meeting, i have my phone on vibrate only via the switch, someone calls me, will it only vibrate like its supposed to?)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by middle_man
    will it only vibrate like its supposed to?)
    Yes it will vibrate like it is supposed to.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Seems like a good developer, here is there reply to my email, with the responses in bold:

First let me say, great product… This is from something I posted on TreoCentral…

Trial is working for me now, works great. Two issues with the program, can't really call them bugs though:

1) It is impossible to silence the ringer by pressing a button, which is normal treo 600 funcionality. Can only silence the ringer by pressing "Ignore," which immediately sends the call to voicemail. Need to be able to easily silence the ringer without affecting the call.

hmmm... do you mean like pressing the a hard to stop playing the sound? why would you want to silence the ring? just curious.

2) The ringer volume is tied to the PocketTunes volume, so if you listen to PocketTunes at a low volume, you have to remember to turn the volume back up when you exit, otherwise it will ring very quietly.

Yes, we have thought about this and if change the volume to really really high and then you go back to pocketTunes then you complain about LWav changing it. There is no way for Lwav to know the volume setting in PTunes. The alarms we get the volume setting right the sound prefs.

2 Kind of picky issues, but important to me.

If you can fix these 2 problems I would say you have an absolutely perfect product! I would not hesitate to buy the program if you can fix these.

that wouldn't be a problem. what would you suggest on the 2 fixes? hardkey presses to stop mp3 playing and get a volume setting in Lwav and ignore pocketTunes volume?

regards
    danny
    Here is my reply:
    Thanks for the speedy response. My answers to these problems would be:

1) I would just like to be able to silence the ring without the call going immediately to voicemail. This way the person calling hears the phone ring a few more times, then going to voicemail as if I am not near my phone. The normal Treo 600 functionality (as I got from the manual) is: To answer a call, use the 5 way to navigate to the answer button on the screen. To send a call straight to voicemail, press the backspace key or navigate to the onscreen ignore button, or to silence the ring of a call, press the volume buttons or any other key besides the 5way, space, return, or backspace. Note this third item is the one that currently doesn’t work with lightwav.

2) Yes, your suggestion would be perfect. Have a separate volume for LightWav that is completely separate from pTunes. So that changes to either one do not affect the other one. If this is not possible and there is no way around being tied to the pocket tunes volume, maybe save the volume in ptunes before the ringer starts, then change it to the level specified by the user in lightwav for when its ringing, and then change it back to the original ptunes volume when the ring is finished.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for the great support.
    Alright, I just got it and I was looking at the manual and saw that it supports IR transfer so I thought great, (since I don't have an sD card at the moment). So i transfer a few very small mp3s (like 200 kb) to the treo from my laptop. Pockettunes (2.2 beta) doesnt detect them in internal memory... hmm... thats fine. Go to Lightwav, click refresh, try playing. Error parsing WAVE code. Error code:FFFF (something similar to that.) Guess I need that SD card or something...
    Deleted the old demo and installed the new. Now my treo gets stuck in a reset loop loop loop loop loop loop. oh well, its new. its to be expected. I'll just wait
    Yes, this is a Palm OS issue not Treo specific. The Palm OS doesn't support Wave or MP3 files unless stored on an external card. Internally memory only support Palm executable or data files. Programs that store file types (like JPEGs) in internall memory are really converting it to a Palm data file type. Even JPEGs can only be directly placed on an external card.

Originally posted by middle_man
    Alright, I just got it and I was looking at the manual and saw that it supports IR transfer so I thought great, (since I don't have an sD card at the moment). So i transfer a few very small mp3s (like 200 kb) to the treo from my laptop. Pockettunes (2.2 beta) doesnt detect them in internal memory... hmm... thats fine. Go to Lightwav, click refresh, try playing. Error parsing WAVE code. Error code:FFFF (something similar to that.) Guess I need that SD card or something...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Lightwav should work if you beam a wave from another palm or pocketPC. if you don't have card the file will be saved in RAM and you can then use Lightwav to play or use it in your Alarms. PocketTunes can't read wave and mp3/ogg files in RAM but they said it shouldn't be problem to add in the future release.

There isn't a problem for us to add support to read wave files from ram and use it as ringTones. uncompressed wave files tend to get really really big and mp3 is cool.

if enough request for this we can add it very quickly.
    Ok, this is a cool app and I know alot of people have been waiting for it. I don't know of any phone that can play mp3s are ringtones - it's defintely a very cool thing...

Regardless, there are some things that need to be worked out before I will put money down for this:

1) You MUST be able to silence the ring (without answering or ignoring the call).
    2) Ringer volume MUST NOT be dependent on PTunes volume.
    (These two issues have been covered previously, but they're on my list as well)
    3) The silent "internal" ringer workaround is not acceptable. I have more than one SD card - when I'm using a card without my ringtone on it and the phone rings - I WON'T HEAR IT - since the ringer is set off/silent.
    4) Different ring tones per caller.

Essentially, I feel that the app needs to be deeper integrated into the phone preferences. It seems now that it's a cool sit-on-top-hack, a commendable achievement, but one that's not retail-ready.
    As soon as I heard of the release, i posted that i needed the prc file, cause I was on the road. Having read the rest of the posts I realized I needed Ptunes 2.2! So I canceled my plans and drove straight back. This means I have to drive another 4 hours in the morning, but hey: I just tried it and it's worth it!

Now all we need is the caller ID-issue: assign a different mp3 to different callers!

Thank you for creating this!!
    Great work, but before I buy I need to assign a ringtone and picture to each contact, not limited to just 50. I need at least 1000!

Bring on the video ringtone next!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Cyril
    Great work, but before I buy I need to assign a ringtone and picture to each contact, not limited to just 50. I need at least 1000!

Bring on the video ringtone next!
    A different rigntone for each contact........at least 1000 contacts.....mp3 file: at least 1 mb.......Wow! do you have a 1 Gb SD Card?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Originally posted by Luna

A different rigntone for each contact........at least 1000 contacts.....mp3 file: at least 1 mb.......Wow! do you have a 1 Gb SD Card?
    Doesn't necessarily mean a unique ringtone for each caller. Just the ability to select one PER CONTACT. Ringtones PER CATEGORY would also be cool...

PS> I have 512mb SD card.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Just being funny. I know what you mean. I just would love to have a different mp3 for each contact. Hope the official release of Lightwave has this ability built in.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Originally posted by Luna
    Just being funny. I know what you mean.
    You know, I thought as much, but I was just being post-happy. Sometimes I think my sarcasm detector is broken. I'm very gullible that way.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast