Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Another thing. For the people it is and isn't working for, are you using PocketTunes 2.1, 2.1.1, or 2.2?
    I have 2.1.1 here. When did 2.2 come out?

Updating that now...we'll see if it makes any difference.
    Just tried 2.2...still doesn't work
    Haven't tried this yet.... Can anyone report if there is any lag time between the begining of an incoming call and the start of the mp3 ringer? Also, this app sounds like it might have been perfect if it also allowed for individual mp3's to be assigned to different caller ID's similar to TCRinger. *sigh* Anyway TIA...

Now if some one would only develop an app that could overcome the 50 limit on Picture caller ID'S!!! *HINT*

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Boo-hiss. Unable to try on MP3s larger than 1MB. No dice. If I can't try what I'm buying on what I'll be using it with, why shell out the $. It's a 7 day trial, why not open it up to whatever filesize?

Matt
    Using the demo and pTunes 2.2 and nothing ... I can't see my mp3 files.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    I also have version 2.2 of PocketTunes with the demo and it doesn't work.
    Oh well. We weren't expecting it until next week anyway. Maybe they'll have a fix for the demo by then.
    Ok, so I put some mp3's that are <1 MB and it's working just fine. Apparently, there's a limit. I guess that's fine since the phone won't ring for four minutes anyways.
    yup. Less than 1MB. I suspect this is probably what's happening to a lot of ppl. If you and others want a short/small mp3 to try out, refer to my previous post on this topic and click on the link. It's Howard Dean Screaming...which accurately depícts how I feel when I get off the phone w/Sprint.
    This may be a stupid question but how did you get the 2.1 or 2.2 Pocket Tuner update? I tried the Pocket-Tuner site and Handspring site already and found nothing. I can't wait to have MP3 ringers. Thanks ahead the help.
    Originally posted by inddriddcoldd
    This may be a stupid question but how did you get the 2.1 or 2.2 Pocket Tuner update? I tried the Pocket-Tuner site and Handspring site already and found nothing. I can't wait to have MP3 ringers. Thanks ahead the help.
    It's right here, the pTunes website, on the front page.
    Thanks so much, Ivyrose.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Haven't tried this yet.... Can anyone report if there is any lag time between the begining of an incoming call and the start of the mp3 ringer? Also, this app sounds like it might have been perfect if it also allowed for individual mp3's to be assigned to different caller ID's similar to TCRinger. *sigh* Anyway TIA...

Now if some one would only develop an app that could overcome the 50 limit on Picture caller ID'S!!! *HINT*
    I'm running the demo, and PT 2.2. Based on my preliminary tests, there's no time lag. It's pretty tight. The only red flag (well, not really) I noticed, which is negligible IMO, occurs when one answers the call. I heard the mp3 playing for a split second on the other phone I was calling my treo from.

All in all, a pretty cool first draft, IMHO.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    OH WOW! I luv it!

In the words of Howard Dean "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I will test for a few days and then buy if there are no major bugs.

Does the registered version have a file size limit?
    Having had a good experience with the LightWav demo, I took the plunge and bought a registered copy @ $14.95.

It's worth it, people.

The full version absolutely rocks!! Firstoff, there are no mp3 file size limitations. I currently have my treo's phone ringtone set to a 'live' recording of the song 'Clocks' by ColdPlay, and this is an 8 mb file. SWEET!!

I did notice some lag, though. I called my treo from my landline, and PT 2.2 kicked in as soon as the screen came alive with caller ID info. However, when I pressed the D-pad center button, there was a 2 second delay between depressing the button and the music shutting off, but I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!

ToySoft................. take a bow!

rgds,

-Ade-
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Yes, absolutely; I'd pay more to assign a separate wav or MP3 to caller IDs. Please make that happen.

Regards,
    --Mathew
    If the mp3 can stop after pressing the side buttons, it should be great.
    trd_pp
    Hey people. there was a slight problem in the initial demo build where sound files didn't show up properly. this has been fixed and you can get the latest from our site www.toysoft.ca

again, read the readmefirst.doc it outlines the demo limitations. Demo is to show that the software works and not just bogus. If you like it then buy the full version.

we've forgot the a section in the manual on how to suppress the midi ringtones. Just set the volume to off.

if you have questions pls email support@toysoft.ca
    Installed paid up version on T600 GSM. Works fine except now need to get some decent mp3's that start of loud :-)
    Agree different tunes assigned to different callers would be awesome.
    Slight problem exists in caller gets to hear a brief bit of the mp3 file when call is answered.
    Geoff
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast