Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Smiley88 if you are wanting a UK beta tester would be very happy to test it :-)
    Here is a response from Xingtone.....another possibility bites the dust.

eric@xingtone.com wrote:
    Dalai,

Thank you for your interest in Xingtone.

At this time, the Treo 600 only supports music files in midi format (polyphonic ringtones). So, you are welcome to use Xingtone to send midi files to your phone, but unfortunately, the device will not accept mp3/wav files converted by Xingtone. If you do use midi files, you simply open the file in the program and press upload. There is no need to trim the file.

If you have any more questions, feel free to get in touch.

Eric
    eric@xingtone.com
    Once again, smiley - I will beta the new software...I am now successfully able to use WavAlarms 1.5 on T600, and would love to add the capability to use mp3 ringtones..

Thought - at least add an "upgrade" price for those of us who recently (last 30 days or so) purchased 1.5 - unless, of course, the new product is only a few bucks ... man, great products...

THANKS!!
    Charliec
    We are scheduled to release LightWav Feb 2. We might post it early next weekend. The initial version will have the following.

1. Replace application alarm sound with any wave/mp3/ogg sound file.
    2. use any wave/mp3/ogg sound file on the Treo600 for ringtone/sms/mms/voicemail. can only assign one sound file. can not assign to individual caller. (pocketTunes 2.1 and higher required)
    3. wave player. play any uncompressed wave file in ram or on the card
    4. receive wave file from IR and play it immediately.
    5. convert wave file from the card to ram and use it as alarm sound.

check our site next week for demo version at www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I have begun the count down for Feb. 2! I will be waiting with credit card in hand! Please smiley88, please let use know as soon as it hits the site!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I'll get it as soon as it supports "playing any MP3 from a webpage" Then I can make my entire MP3 collection available to me anywhere!!! (I can save the Memory Card for things like Maps and such)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Hey Smiley...Any Idea if it will ever have the capability of assigning a specific tone to a specific caller and if so when might this enhancement come?

Just curious.

You don't want somebody else to beathya to the punch....hehehe
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Short sited-ness is a funny thing....
    I can i pre-order it? lol
    Smiley....

No disrespect intended....but.....

I thought, since we are aegerly awaiting the ringtone wav/mp3 playing capabilities of your latest app, I would try out WavAlarms.
    I think you guys had a great idea in "WavAlarms" if it WORKED....

It is about as functional as a bag of hammers....
    I could NOT get it to work to notify me of incoming emails in the email application which is what I would need it for, and when used in conjuction with most apps it performs "Soft resets" at will on my Treo.

Please tell me that this new application will not be as "Bug Rich" as WavAlert was, as I am currently looking forward to the new apps release....

Might a recommend a longer "Beta" period on future releases?

Any feedback?
    "DOS addresses only 1 Megabyte of RAM because we cannot imagine any applications needing more." --Microsoft, 1980, on the development of DOS.

Originally posted by smiley88

3. Lightwav can play wave and mp3 files directly from the Treo browser. eg: tapping on the wav, mp3/ogg will download and can starting playing while you surf!
    Will lightwave require that that the mp3 fully download and then play? Or will it actually allow streaming mp3 playback on the Treo600! That would be absolutely increbible and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $PalmOS$ $app$ $that$ $can$ $stream$ $native$ $MP3$'$s$!! $Looking$ $forward$ $to$ $the$ $release$!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/27/2004 at 07:57 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I guess I should be more precise. the mp3 or wave is downloaded then it play. not streaming.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    When can we expect the bata?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I guess I should be more precise. the mp3 or wave is downloaded then it play. not streaming.
    I wish I had the speed to download an mp3 song, then play it, in less than a second.

How big is an mp3? At least 2 or 3mb. Just imagine having to wait for the download to finish, before playing it. Whoever was calling you has finished leaving a message in your voicemail, and called you back again.

It's just not realistic to download mp3s as ringers.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Any reply to my post above Smiley?
    I am eager for a response....

Originally posted by Luna

I wish I had the speed to download an mp3 song, then play it, in less than a second.

How big is an mp3? At least 2 or 3mb. Just imagine having to wait for the download to finish, before playing it. Whoever was calling you has finished leaving a message in your voicemail, and called you back again.

It's just not realistic to download mp3s as ringers.
    I think the idea is that you would use an mp3 that you already have on your SD card as a ringer (same as you do now with midi files), not download one every time your phone rings.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli

I think the idea is that you would use an mp3 that you already have on your SD card as a ringer (same as you do now with midi files), not download one every time your phone rings.
    Thats the same thing that I think. I was quoting him because he wants to download his mp3s from a website. He wants to store them there so he can save space on his card. I don't need to save space on my card. I have a 256, wanting to go with a 512.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Hi All, LightWav is now posted on our site www.toysoft.ca you can download the trial version. If you have problems please contact support@toysoft.ca. read the readme.doc on limitations and the manual.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I installed everything that you need to make it work, but it doesn't. It doesn't show anysongs from my card. What's up with that?

do you have PocketTunes 2.1 and higher as required?
    Same here. I have PocketTunes v 2.1.1, have my mp3 and ogg files on the SD card in a folder titled /audio, but Lightwave doesn't seem to see them at all even though it gave me the option of searching that particular folder. I also notice in your pdf user guide, the Treo 600 isn't listed as a supported device.

You're sitting on a goldmine here if you can get it working.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast