Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just called Cingular to check on my three week ago order and was told status was cancelled and that the phones are no longer available from Handspring through Cingular. Thanks for letting us know while we were waiting, Cingular!!
    I ordered a second t600 today for a coworker from a Cingular salesman who handles corporate accounts. He just called and said that Cingular is out of stock of Treo 600's and that they will not be getting any more until a software glitch is fixed. He said they have been working on it for a week now and expect to have the problem cleared up soon. He could not tell me when they expected to have more Treo's.

Ken
  3.    #3  
    Something is really wrong here. I was on the phone with three different people from Cingular and the lady in sales said they were told not to sell the treo 600 as of today. They also refused to give any time frame as to when OR WHETHER previous orders would be shipped. Pretty rough way to deal with their customers IMO.
    I ordered my original treo from cingular. I called handspring and told them of the screeching sound problem I was having,when making and receiving calls, and he is sending me a replacement unit within the next couple of days. I wonder if this could be one the the newer units. (I'm hoping)
    You know guys, I was getting the screeching sound intermitently, and for the past two weeks, while in Europe, it never happened again. I am flying back to the US in a few days, and I wonder if it will come back!
    May the G4ce be with you
    As was pointed out elsewhere, it is suspicious that T-Mobile held up the phone because of a "software glitch" and international GSM phones have had a patch released ... while Cingular phones were being sold without any patches.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    My Cingular Treo has been working fine since the beginining of November. I applied the 2.08 patch about 3 weeks ago and still working fine.
    My Cingular T600 phone works great on T-Mo.

I'm not brave enough to try the firmware update. Besides, I have no incentive to upgrade since I'm not having problems.

Cingular didn't tell Dennis when they cancelled his order? Good thing he checked the status. Talk about lousy customer service.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Right now I'd have to agree about the Cingular customer service. I've been trying to port my T-Mobile number over to Cingular since 11/24!

They still can't get it right!
    hmmm... i've had my treo 600 from cingular... i live in canada and put it on rogers at&t network.. and i have no problems with my treo... i wonder what kinda glitche is this?
    I also have a Cingular treo that I'm using on cingular. It is my second unit. The first had to be replaced, it had a horrible screech that would suddenly cut in while on a call. It was also crashing alot and setting itself into a "power reset". It would only complete the reset if it was plugged in. But like a hard reset all the data was whiped. I bought it direct from handspring and they replaced it after a few fustrating calls with customer service. The replacement has been fine. My only complaint about the cingular service is that GPRS service is somewhat spotty. I often have to turn the wireless mode off then on again to get GPRS. I've had the sim replaced with no improvement. Voice seems to be OK.

Ken
    ken, what version is the second phone they sent? I'm waiting on my cingular replacement from handspring.
    Originally posted by capecod-ken
    I ordered a second t600 today for a coworker from a Cingular salesman who handles corporate accounts. He just called and said that Cingular is out of stock of Treo 600's and that they will not be getting any more until a software glitch is fixed. He said they have been working on it for a week now and expect to have the problem cleared up soon. He could not tell me when they expected to have more Treo's.

Ken
    Hi,

I use Cingular. Did your account rep mention what software glitch?
    The replacement is as follows:

Fireware: 02.02
    Software: Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B

Replacement was received in only 2 days.

As far as the specifics of the glitch I have no information. The only thing he said was that the complaints eminatted on the west coast system. Users where having a "problem" (unspecified) and that they expected a fix soon. The west coast uses the 1900Mhz frequency. Here in Massachusetts we are on 850Hz. That should be the only difference in the systems

Ken
    I ordered my Treo from handspring and recieved it just before christmas. I dropped in my Cingular SIM card and have not had any problems since, I wonder what this could be. I have not had any screeching sound problems or anything out of the ordinary accept a few hard crashes which I can't track down (since the crash log gets lost when the hard crash occurs). I attribute that to one of my third party apps though.
    Since conspiracy theories are so much fun and SO many people think the warning on Handspring's web pages against using a Cingular phone on some other carrier's network is false, let's come up with reinforcement!

Can anyone confirm the rumor that Cingular has stopped sales of TREO 600s and recalled them so that they can be locked to the Cingular network?
    Per my corporate sales rep here in the Boston area, the "software glitch" is an isolated problem to certain Cingular markets. (West Texas to name one) Apparently they are having problems configuring them to the network. He also stated that they are selling better than expected and Cingular is having a problem keeping them in stock.
    i just got my 3rd replacement t600 cingular branded (3 week backorder for repair) and it works fine on tmo network. has this info

firmware 02.02

software treo600-1.06-CNG

hardware: B

dont know if any of this matters but this thread sure scared me!
    i just got my 3rd replacement t600 cingular branded (3 week backorder for repair) and it works fine on tmo network. has this info

firmware 02.02

Originally posted by jenzo

firmware 02.02

OK. You got a replacement Cingular branded t600 on 1/12/04. Good news. This is the same FW and SW as my 2 Cingulars rec'd 12/10/03. No complaints about mine, except that when Treo Tools turns off wireless at 10:30 pm, the keyguard keeps the screen lit indefinitely until I happen to notice it. And I have a ton of software on them.
    Treo 600 (Cingular)
    T-Mobile SIM w/T-Zones
    Fireblade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast