1.    #1  
    Does anyone actually have one of the handspring oem cases for the 600?

After testing other options, I have determined that I need a case specifically designed for my phone. Can anyone comment on the HS cases?

I also have some questions:

1. On the form fit case, does the belt clip mechanism come off, so I could put the phone (in case) in my pocket? Or is that big clip hanging on all the time?

2. On the side mount case, what does the belt clip look like? I haven't seen any pictures of the actual clip? Is it just a standard leather covered clip or is it plastic (like the form fit case)

Thanks!
    I have the side mount case, and the clip is leather. You can see a (small) picture of it at Handspring's site. The case hasn't come off my belt yet, and it is very easy to take the phone out - just unsnap and lift from the antenna.
    Treo 650 with AT&T Wireless (formerly Cingular, formerly AT&T Wireless )
    Originally posted by dacreativeguy

After testing other options, I have determined that I need a case specifically designed for my phone. Can anyone comment on the HS cases?

1. On the form fit case, does the belt clip mechanism come off, so I could put the phone (in case) in my pocket? Or is that big clip hanging on all the time?

2. On the side mount case, what does the belt clip look like? I haven't seen any pictures of the actual clip? Is it just a standard leather covered clip or is it plastic (like the form fit case)

Thanks!
    I have the form fit case and the belt clip does not come off. You will need to saw it off if you don't want it. Overall, I like the case as it protects everything of value to the phone especially the screen. Even with the belt clip the phone fits fine in my front pockets but that's me. The I-Volution case from Vaja fits nicely as well but it doesn't have the slot for the microphone so you'll need to use a headset at all times. On the other hand, the form fit case has slots for everything except the camera and partially, the speakerphone. But you can unhook the strap and the camera is available. By the way, I got it for $15 at iphonespcs.com. Don't know if you can find it cheaper. Hope this helps.
    The case that comes with the Treo 600 is almost identical to the Ipod factory case.

For 4$ a month with Sprint's equipment protection plan, I slapped a screen protective film on the screen, and don't use a case. Too bulky.

[ronstoney]
    Originally posted by t1234hn

I have the form fit case and the belt clip does not come off. You will need to saw it off if you don't want it.
    The clip comes off, just the button that the clip is attached to is not-removeable (unless you saw it off).
    I have the Covertec horizontal case. You can use your headphones while you T6 is in the case. It fits as snug as a bug, and it isn't a huge geeky lump on your belt. See their website for pics www.covertec.com
    I bought the form-fit (vertical) case online from HS but didn't like it because the clip makes it stick out so far - 1/2 to 3/4" off your belt, the treo flops all around. Makes it unusable for running, etc. I wanted something that hugs tight to the beltline, and where I could quickly/easily grab the treo many times/day. I really didn't want plastic over the keyboard like with the HS case.

I fashioned a custom belt-clip case out of the standard slip-case that comes with the treo, by having a leather belt-clip sewed onto it. It has worked out very well after several weeks of usage, and it's *free* I've posted a photo to my moblog page:
    http://bellspage.textamerica.com/?r=279831

I have purchased several other cases discussed on these boards (CompUSA, Circuit City etc) but none of them have worked out as well, I ended up returning them.

hth,
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    Originally posted by dacreativeguy

Thanks!
    Standard leather covered clip
    anyone have their case that came with the Treo and don't need it? I butchered mine in a horrible modification mishap.

I would be grateful and of course, I'll pay for shipping.

Just PM me.

Thanks.

Mark
    the worst part about the OEM horizontal treo case is when you slide the phone in 8 times out of 10 it slides the ringer button from vibrate to ring. I have been embarassed in class several times because of it and stopped using it, now I just put the Treo in my jacket breast pocket, it actually is the perfect size. I am not sure what I will do though when summer rolls in haha.