1.    #1  
    I'm going to purchase some stereo headphones for MP3 listening on my Treo.

The earbuds aren't really my style - has anyone else found a good set with the 2.5mm jack? I'd prefer not to have to use the adapter, so I might do a quick splice if necessary.
    Originally posted by Indicator
    I'm going to purchase some stereo headphones for MP3 listening on my Treo.

The earbuds aren't really my style - has anyone else found a good set with the 2.5mm jack? I'd prefer not to have to use the adapter, so I might do a quick splice if necessary.
    I'm using a standard Sony earbud headphone with an adapter. Not too much inconvenience. Not really interested in spending extra for an additional headphone.
    Originally posted by t1234hn

with an adapter.
    Are you using the Treo 600 Headphone Adapter or 3rd party, if so who/which one?

[ronstoney]
    Originally posted by ronstoney

Are you using the Treo 600 Headphone Adapter or 3rd party, if so who/which one?

[ronstoney]
    Handspring adapter. Didn't want to take a chance by using a third party equipment.
  5.    #5  
    The adapter is only $5 on ebay (OEM) so I might go that route. Though it seems that convenience coudl be achieved by just splicing a real pair of phones to the 2.5mm cable that comes with the earbud that comes with the unit...
    1. I'm using two adapters (one for home and one for the car). I purchased one adapter from Handspring when I bought my T600. The other adapter I purchased from Radio Shack ($3.99), the only thing is you have to trim the plastic near the part that plugs into the jack so that it fits, but it is very easy and quick.

2. The best headphones, in my opinion, are the Koss "The Plug" available from Best Buy for $19.99. The frequency response is 10-20.000 and the bass response is super. The earbud is designed to direct sound into the ear canal and to eliminate outside sound. I'm using a pair of these at home and a pair in my car. I've tried several other headphone models, but these definately rock!
    Careful when buying adapters off Ebay, I bought one after my radioshack one broke (not sure how it broke, it was in my pocket, but I found it with piece of the metal tip missing). Make sure you don't overpay for shipping (won bid for 3 bucks, forgot to check shipping 5.99?!)

I got burned for shipping, when I emailed the person about it, he just insulted me. When I received the item, I checked the envelope and it was only 50 cents to ship. argh. I shoulda bought another radio shack one for 4 dollars :P
    I bought a cheap adapter and it broke when I dropped my Treo.

I'm currently using some Sennheiser PX200s with the cable off the handsfree that came with the phone.

The PX200s are glued together with that gummy hot glue - they came apart easily and I just desoldered the old cable and resoldered in the cable off the handsfree.

If anyone's planning on using the cable off the handsfree then be careful - the cable is quite short if you cut it just below the button/mic... only _just_ long enough to reach my trouser pockets comfortably.
    If I'd made any mistakes at all then the cable would be too short.
    Dont plan to use the handspring headphone adapter for anything other than a headset or earbuds... the impendance wont allow a direct stereo line in plug in...

There's another thread somewhere on here I think in treo hardware where people are talking about modifying cables and adding resistors....