1.    #1  
    My plug and a friend of mine's treo 600 electrical plug emits a high-pitched hum that is incredibly irratating. It only happens when the phone is not plugged in. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Originally posted by space100
    My plug and a friend of mine's treo 600 electrical plug emits a high-pitched hum that is incredibly irratating. It only happens when the phone is not plugged in. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Are you using a 3rd Party charger? Or is it by Handspring (OEM)? I had the same problem with my Seidio car charger. It used to buzz through my car speakers whenever I plug it in with my T600. After I replaced it with the OEM car charger, the buzz went away. So I tossed the Seidio charger into the trash.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Mine does the same thing and it is the OEM charger. Also it dosen't stay plugged into the phone very well.
  4.    #4  
    No its an OEM charger that came with the phone. It doesn't stay attached too well. I was thinking of getting a cradle, but I don't think that will solve the buzzing problem.

Has anybody had any luck with 3rd party chargers? I'd like to find a solution because my ears are pretty sensitive and the buzzing drives me nuts.
    do a search my friends.
    All noobs click here
    FYI:

1. My original Handspring/motorola charger has this sound too.
    2. My replacemen(yes i've already lost the above charger) from the sprint store does not squeal. $50 cost. worth it? depends on how nuts the squeal makes you.

rick
    Originally posted by space100
    Does your charger whine?

T600 charger whining noise??

High pitched noise

I got a hummer also and its not a good thing.
  9.    #9  
    Will using the cradle stop the humming noise? Has anybody bought the cradle and noticed a difference. I hate to have to buy another charger, but the noise is quite irratating.
    I have opened three Treo 600's so far, and one came with a humming charger. I got them to send me a free replacement for the defective charger, but it took forever (both time on the phone, and then time until I received the replacement). It wasn't worth it, if it happened to me again I'd just order a new one direct from Handspring for $25.

Getting the cradle won't help with the humming, since you still use your original charger with the cradle.