1.    #1  
    Is anyone else completely disappointed with the vibrate option on the Treo 600? I found my old Treo 300 to be quite sufficient, but I can barely even feel the vibrate on the 600 in my hand, much less in the case. I can't tell you how many calls I've missed.
    I've noticed that it vibrates better with certain ringtones, so I figure there has to be a way to hack this thing into a stronger vibrate. I'm not a programmer, so I'm begging those of you who are... Please make my T600 vibrate harder!!!

P.S.: Yes, I realize that I am probably opening up a thread that will go straight into the gutter since a female posted a thread asking for a better vibrate! But I swear that's not why I am asking! Honest!! Really!!
    What pocket do you carry your treo in? Position is important too.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
  3.    #3  
    Usually on my belt.... Right hip to be more accurate.
    What ringtone are you utilizing that causes the 600's vibrate to be more intense?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by jjennings
    What ringtone are you utilizing that causes the 600's vibrate to be more intense?
    For some reason the built in tones seem to vibrate more intensely than the downloaded midi's.
    I'd love to find out a way to increase the vibrate too, as I'm deaf. I can feel the existing vibrate but it is very weak and easy to overlook. My old phone was a StarTac 7868 that would rattle your teeth from vibrations.

I don't see anything handy in the developers manual tho, what would be nice was a case that amplified the vibration.
    Pete
    The vibrate is very weak in my opinion. I have tried several different ring tones and found that none of them effected the vibrate mode to any great deal that I could tell. I would be willing to buy an add on gizmo that fits in the SD card slot that would have a stronger vibrator but seems unlikely that anyone will ever make this.

Has anyone seen or tried TreoAlertMgr from www.pdaapps.com ?
    here is a temp solution

vibrating belt clip - i don't know if it works $5.95

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/vibgreencols.html

i know they make vibrating batteries for some phones - could this be done for the treo 600?
    TreoAlertMgr is great but won't increase the vibrating intensity. It allows you to determine how frequently you want to be notified of a pending e-mail, voice mail & short message. You can also select the ringtone for the alert.
    I consider this app as one of four T600 essentials-the others being MegaClock, E-grips & G2 screen protectors.
    Good Luck
    I have treoalert manager. It is great for a reminder beep but the vibrate mode is no better. The vibrating belt clip mentioned above does not wok for CDMA type phones. It is specifiaclly stated on that web site mentioned above. Nice idea but I wish they made one for the CDMA type phones. I am going to send them an e-mail to see if they have any other solutions.
    Originally posted by chrispawling
    here is a temp solution

vibrating belt clip - i don't know if it works $5.95

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/vibgreencols.html

i know they make vibrating batteries for some phones - could this be done for the treo 600?
    The Vibrating Belt Clip (and its like) use the RF signal of an incoming call. Which means for the Treo it would probably activate for a data burst as well, essentially making it useless with something like Chatter.
    Pete
    You can get a mobile sensor pen which flashes a big blue light from British science museum at Dixons UK for 5. It flashes whenever you get a call.
    I agree the vibrating strength is very weak. However, I am wary of something strongly shaking my Treo around. Something is bound to come loose or break sooner or later.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!