1. dhc
    I have an unlocked 600 now on the T-Mobile (UK) network.

However, as the phone came from Orange, theirs is the number set into the first Favourite (Ans. Phone).

Is it possible to change this? If so how?

Thanks.
    Go to your favorites screen. Press the menu button on the keyboard. Edit the button or the page (drag and drop).
    Last edited by BADFLHT; 01/08/2004 at 09:14 AM.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
  3. dhc
    Thanks BADFLHT, but for some reason the first favourite is locked and can't be edited in the normal way.
    I concur,

Same thing on the cingular version.
    same with Sprint. I don't need a Favorite for my voicemail. I just tap the envelope when I have messages.

I know this is possible because someone posted a modified .pdb that removed the hardcoded web favorites from Blazer.
    On Sprint version of Treo 600, the first favorite button is preset to Voicemail. It cannot be deleted or edited, but it could be moved. On the edit favorite Page screen, I can just drag it to another page. If I drag it to page 7 or 8.. I will never see it again since I will never have more than 3 or 4 pages of favorites. It is not as good as deleting it but much easier to do.
    Originally posted by Need
    On Sprint version of Treo 600, the first favorite button is preset to Voicemail. It cannot be deleted or edited, but it could be moved. On the edit favorite Page screen, I can just drag it to another page. If I drag it to page 7 or 8.. I will never see it again since I will never have more than 3 or 4 pages of favorites. It is not as good as deleting it but much easier to do.
    hey, thanks for the tip. relegating it to page 5 works for me.
  8. dhc
    That workaround works for me too, thanks Need
    Go into Filez and edit PhoneFavoritesDB.pdb

You'll see a record list. Probably record 0 should be the first link, but view it just in case, and see if it shows the URL or program or phone number you want to remove. If its the right one go back to the record list screen and delete it.

I did the same thing with the Sprint hardcoded bookmarks for blazer (in the Bookmarks.pdb file) and its been working fine for me, but just in case, do a backup before you edit anything.
  10. dhc
    Fantastic, that's even better

Thanks, jhoff80 - I was actually able to edit the Voicemail number from there.

Now if I could only change the colours on the dial pad
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, but I think there should be an easier solution: Isn't it possible to change the number of the phonebook entry that is referenced by the Hotkey? (Here: OrangeBox for Orange)

I first changed the number in the way you described it and it was switched back to the old number as soon as I tried to dial it. Until I noticed the phonebook entry was still old. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Hotkey$ $just$ $looks$ $up$ $the$ $phonebook$.

Unfortunately I couldn't try out my solution now as the fixed Hotkey is already deleted...
    If you dont want to mess with editing files . . . . and dont already use TakePhone . . .download the trial version of TakePhone . . it has a screen showing the favourites and for some reason lets you edit that annoying ans.phone entry when the default favourites wont!

You cant delete it in Takephone but you can edit/change it to something else . . . . . then return to the defualt favourites screen and discover that you can now delete it completely!

Worked for me.