Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't have any such border, spot or color problems. Nor have I seen and discolor on the device since I received it for Xmas. Good luck all.
    My Treo 600, less than two weeks old, developed the mysterious horizontal and vertical lines on the screen that one of you mentioned having - I took it in to the store i bought it with, they made some calls to other techies and replaced it on the spot with one that was in stock - I was out of there in a half hour with it. Luckily, I had used synchall to backup the entire device and was back in business within a short time of getting back to the office.

I was concerned when I bought the device about the "soft" display and lack of hard shell over it - so that was my biggest fear - I was pleased they made good on it so quickly! Just hope this isn't a regular occurance... I'm looking forward to finding a better case that is easier to maneuver and better protection than the form fit case that is on it - I find myself struggling to get it unclipped to answer the phone all the time.
    Now I'm concerned if I should get it replaced or not. I've only had the phone for a week and it still has the plastic sticker that protects the screen.
    Well guys, I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but talking about the SCREEN (not the OS display) my treo on the right hand side has like a column which isn't used (black)! Just like if the OS display is shrunk to the left letting a portion of black screen vertically.. it's thin.. but it would make a BIG difference if it was used by the OS display.
    Beware I talk about someone who said he hasn't the same pb but after we took a look at his TREO we found he had the same issue..

Do you guys have the same pb? is it normal ? what can I do ? is there a thread on this forum which talked about it yet ?

Thanks guys for your help
    I got my replacement phone last night. The lcd on the new device is perfect. No such "hot spots" to be found. The edges seem to be sharp as well.

Sometimes, sprint does come through for you.
    Hey Treosome,

So you got a replacement, You're telling me that on the edges, you don't see an extra glow of brightness? You don't see the yellow fade of light at all? Pleas let me know or if u can take a great picture of it.

If your is COMPLETELY black with no yellow tint, I'm going to return mine.
    eddie,
    Here's a picture of blackness on the screen. The little green dot is only the reflection off of the camera. Seems like this is as good as it can be. With my previous treo, this same picture of blackness would show a yellow ring in the middle and a yellowish white spot on the lower left corner. These same discolorations would also show on any program with a dark background.

How long has it been since you purchased the unit? If it's been less than 14 days then the return should be hassle free, but if it's been more than you kinda have to twist an arm to get your replacement. But either way, you shouldn't have to use your replacement insurance (the one that you pay $4 /mo) for your replacement.

Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the picture. I've had mine for only 10 days. I'm not sure if mine is normal or not. Basically, along the borders of the screen, there is a yellowish glow. It seems like it's normal but I'm not sure. I'll have to take a picture of it when I can access a camera.

The glow around the edges are follow along the sides. Basically it just looks like placing a hollow frame over the screen. I hope that helps describes it. I should check some models in the store to see if it has this problem.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    Thanks for the picture. I've had mine for only 10 days. I'm not sure if mine is normal or not. Basically, along the borders of the screen, there is a yellowish glow. It seems like it's normal but I'm not sure. I'll have to take a picture of it when I can access a camera.

The glow around the edges are follow along the sides. Basically it just looks like placing a hollow frame over the screen. I hope that helps describes it. I should check some models in the store to see if it has this problem.
    I've seen this same glow around the edges of my Treo 600. Not sure if it's normal or not but, when in camera mode, I have no hotspots on the screen. Also, when I change the colors the yellowish color either appears or dissapears. I think it may have something to do with the brightness or the lights on the device.

Just my 2cents.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Thanks for your feedback.

I've read on some posts where people said they didn't have any yellow glow at all. But I wonder if they have looked clearly or if they had set their brightness or contrast too low.

But i tried to adjust mine, and no matter what, you do sorta see the glow. I do hope it's normal. I mean, if it was a $150 - $200 dollar phone, I would'nt mind. But spending $600 bucks! for it, I would want it to be somewhat perfect. I guess I'm just picky. Plus also using Sprint, so I would hope everything would flow smoothed with the hardware. If not, it will be Headaches with Sprint reps.

Thanks again for your feedback and I would like to hear anyone elses experience. Thanks.
    Anyone still having problems?

The border glow/yellow tinge around my screen is still the same, except for the fact that there is now a slight curve on the left border. It's like the fade extended outwards a little bit in the shape of a hook.

Anyone else having problems with screens still?

I have a Rev. C that was received on 1/5/04
    At first I didn't know what everyone was talking about in this thread, but now that I got my first replacement yesterday, I can now share the pain with you guys.

My old T600 (Rev B) had a nice white screen with no fades of discolorations anywhere. The screen of my replacement I have now (Rev C) is not as white and there's a yellow-ish frame around the screen, which I can easily see when I'm on a white screen.

I may have to make another trip back to the Sprint store and get another replacement. *sigh*
    It seems as though all the Rev C's have this. Did you get a refurb replacement or a new one? Seems like everyone has been getting refurbs now as replacements.

I have that white frame still. I'm deciding whether or not to take it back. *sigh*

I wonder if there will be a REV D
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    Did you get a refurb replacement or a new one? Seems like everyone has been getting refurbs now as replacements.
    Refurbished
    i need advice - can anyone help...?!?

i got my sprint t600 in dec 2003, and no problems...then, about 2 weeks ago, i noticed a distinct spot of discoloration (that looks identical to the ones shown in the pictures on this thread) slightly to the left of center of my screen. it appears as a hazy yellow - i want to say like a tobacco-stain on white paint! - when the backdrop is white. but when the screen has a color background, it just looks like a hazy, pale, blurred-out splotch. at first i decided i would just try to live with it, but after coming across this thread and realizing how much it was really affecting the appearance and usefulness of certain of my apps, i started to reconsider.

as i can say with total assurance that the flaw is not attributable to any kind of unit trauma ( !!), i went to my local sprint store today, where the tech offered to replace it with a refurb. i hesitated, and asked if i had any other options, but he basically said that considering the length of time since my acquiring the unit, that was the best case scenario. i panicked like a big baby, and fled, cradling my baby treo and saying i need to think about it.

my question - am i being rightfully wary of a refurb, or just paranoid? anything i should take into consideration before i make a decision? (i also have equipment insurance, but i haven't explored that route yet - and won't i probably end up with a refurb from them, anyway?)

everyone here is always so helpful - i'd be enormously grateful for any advice you could give - thank you thank you!!!
    'relax. i'm not really like this - except when i am.'
    I had a very similar issue, plus a notable degradation in battery life. I called Customer Care and told them the deal. They noted in my account notes that I was entitled to a new phone because it was still under warranty. I made sure that the notes were clear that I was to receive a NEW, not refurbished, unit.

When I went into the store, the manager read the notes and I got a NEW phone. He did say that he had never seen that happen before.

I would give it a try. It was simple for me to do.
    MHR, did you originally buy it through Sprint or Handspring? Were you within 90 days of purchase?
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    MHR, did you originally buy it through Sprint or Handspring? Were you within 90 days of purchase?
    I originally purchased from Sprint back in October '03.
    I bought my original 600 in ocotber 2003. It was flawless for the most part until about a month ago when I got the little white patches on my screen. I took it back to the sprint store and was offered a refurb. I declined and after some very tough haggling I got the store manger to grant me a new (not refurbed) Treo.
    THis new treo was awful. Overall screen quality was very poor. No matter how much I adjusted the contrast it was totally unreadable outside. Inside the colors just looked washed out.
    I took back my new Treo and asked for another replacement. This time the store manager said he would either order me a NEW treo or I could take one of the refurbs he had in stock. I chose the refurb and could not be happier.
    The refurb has a much better camera (software issue I assume), Very bright and colorful screen, and absolutely no indications of it being used before. They only real indicator that it is a refurb is when I do the ## code to check minutes and such it says refurb and has the minutes and kb's listed from the previous owner.
    my treo fell from about 3.5 feet to the carpet and the entire screen broke.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast