1.    #1  
    what the pro and the con of having this, i don't understand what it can do. say i have a treo 600 (which i do )
    juan c
  2. GMF
    Business connection gives you unlimited data time for email and web use. It will also connect with your desktop and push your email through to your 600.
    Actually - not to be a wise guy here - the Sprint plans are pretty complicated. In a nutshell though you have three choices for unlimited web access (all referred to as PCS Vision):

1. Vision Pictures Pack (unlimited picture email, messaging and web with a $5 monthly credit toward downloadable ringtones, games, etc) for $15 a month
    2. Vision Premium Pack (unlimited messaging and web with a $10 credit toward downloads) and
    3. Vision Professional Pack - that includes unlimited picture email, messaging and web AS WELL AS PCS Business Connection Personal Edition ($0 monthly credit against downloads) for $15 per month. (If you have one of those Pocket PC devices, Sprint actually squeezes another $15 out of you for a total of $30 per month - I don't know why).

ANYWAY, to finally answer your question, under this last plan, PCS Business connection gives you REALTIME access to your Outlook contacts and calendar as well as the ability to "push" emails to your Treo.

Check it out here:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/sh...nessConnection

Whew!!!
    I am assuming that push email just means that when the email hits your remote desktop, that it is automatically forwarded to your phone email app, saving you from manually checking your email the time. Am I correct ?

Also, what is the advantage of accessing your contacts remotely, if you already have them synched to your treo anyway?

thanks,

car_designer
    You're correct on the "push" idea. My Yahoo mail is also pushed (or maybe its POP'd / pulled?) by PCS Business Connection. As far as the realtime access to Outlook, doesn't make sense if you always sync. But if you're like me and don't sync as often as I should, I can always check my Outlook calendar (which is where 99% of the time I'm doing my input). Just a luxury I guess. My main use is to get the email delivered to my Treo.
    You're correct on the "push" idea. My Yahoo mail is also pushed (or maybe its POP'd / pulled?) by PCS Business Connection. As far as the realtime access to Outlook, doesn't make sense if you always sync. But if you're like me and don't sync as often as I should, I can always check my Outlook calendar (which is where 99% of the time I'm doing my input). Just a luxury I guess. My main use is to get the email delivered to my Treo.
    Is Sprint Vision Pictures Pack and Premium Pack basically the same? Just that one you get $5 credit for download while the other gets $10?

Also, all the packs allow unilmited internet access/email, right? Your post confused me and now I'm paranoid about my bill.

As for the Sprint Business Connection, can I use it if I don't have an email account from work on a Microsfot Exchanger Server?

I just want to get my hotmail and aol email without having to go to their sites. I understand that Snappermail can't even do this.
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    Is Sprint Vision Pictures Pack and Premium Pack basically the same? Just that one you get $5 credit for download while the other gets $10?

Also, all the packs allow unilmited internet access/email, right? Your post confused me and now I'm paranoid about my bill.

As for the Sprint Business Connection, can I use it if I don't have an email account from work on a Microsfot Exchanger Server?

I just want to get my hotmail and aol email without having to go to their sites. I understand that Snappermail can't even do this.
    Apparently, the Premium Pack does not allow unlimited picture mail. That would be $5 extra. Yes, I believe that they all allow unlimited access to messaging and the web. SBC can forward your POP email accounts such as Yahoo.

Hope that helps.