1.    #1  
    I have tried two Jabra headsets with the standard 2.5MM plug - a new wide up one, and an earbum. Neither seem to make good connection with the port on the Treo 600?

I don't think it is at all my Treo - since I have two handspring headsets that work and I have used a motorola 2.5mm headset too. It is like the Jabras are not making good connection?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I use a Jabra FreeSpeak wireless headset for non-Bluetooth phones with my 600 with no problems at all. Works perfectly. Uses the standard headset jack. HTH
    I have the same problem as wshenry - my plugs keep coming loose. I read somewhere that someone had cut away some of the plastic to make the plug fit. I am not all that great with an Xacto knife so I haven't tried it myself.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Same problem here. I am going to order the boom and the heck with it. I can't get a decent headset!
    Originally posted by jquinn14
    I have the same problem as wshenry - my plugs keep coming loose. I read somewhere that someone had cut away some of the plastic to make the plug fit. I am not all that great with an Xacto knife so I haven't tried it myself.
    Folks, it's soooo easy! Just take an exacto knife and cut around the jack. It took, maybe, 3 seconds to do. And even if you expose more of the jack it will still fit. I've done this with 2 Jabra products and you can't even tell. And if you're still worried about using an exacto knife, find some crafty / artsy friend to help out. It's a piece of cake!
    Can you answer a call and end a call using the talk button?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Yes you can. I had to shave the rubber around the tip off of mine so that it would fit. Just do it nice and gentle and you won't have a problem at all.
    I just bought two headsets at Circuit City:

1) $20 - Sony DRJ120 - pipe style mic, in ear. See here

Very light, nice sound, celar voice for other end. No mute/end/volume though but I use the Treo for those

2) $12 - Belkin Pro Series Straight Boom. In ear, no ear hook needed - stays in nicely. Short boom. Volume and answer/end integrated into ear piece. Very very light and people said I sounded clear. Sound was good as well.

See Amazon link here . I found it at Circuit City store but cannot find it on their site. Weird. Gets bad review from Amazon but so far has been OK.

My wife could not hear any diff between the two handlsets I bought - said voice sounded celar with both and the incoming audio was clear. Both are comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Yeah, I got the Jabra Earwav Bud that has the answer/end button and it works great for me. And the voices coming through the speaker are very loud and clear. Like mentioned above, I also had to do a bit of shaving around the jack.