1.    #1  
    I have tried two Jabra headsets with the standard 2.5MM plug - a new wide up one, and an earbum. Neither seem to make good connection with the port on the Treo 600?

I don't think it is at all my Treo - since I have two handspring headsets that work and I have used a motorola 2.5mm headset too. It is like the Jabras are not making good connection?
    You can use a Jabra headset, just make sure you have the right one.

Jabra make two headsets with 2.5mm jacks. One of these is made for Nokias (the 8-series and the 7650 have 2.5mm sockets) and if you have one of these, you will find that it will sometimes work if partially inserted.

The standard 2.5mm Jabra works properly. I have a boom-type one and a boom-less one, both of which work well (and, in my opinion, much better than the Handspring-supplied one).

Cheers,

DS
    Originally posted by dshirley
    The standard 2.5mm Jabra works properly. I have a boom-type one and a boom-less one, both of which work well (and, in my opinion, much better than the Handspring-supplied one).
    Agreed, I have one and it works just fine.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  4.    #4  
    I was able to get the boom to work by taking someones advice in the Treo 600 area, and trimming about an 1/8th off the surrounding plastic on the 2.5MM connector. Looks like the treo included headphone is smaller diameter right before the plastic gives to the metal plug.