Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Anyone know of software that can do this?

I know about CardExport, but that program requires drivers to be installed on the computer. (problem for public computers, and also not nice to install stuff on your friends computer)

I would like to be able to connect my Treo with the usb sync cable to any win2000 or later machine, press a button on the Treo and have my SD card mount as a drive.

I don't see any reason why this is not possible.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    try syncwizard - i don't think it installs driver, however you'll still need to install it. Circuit City has a promotion this week - you get a free sd card reader when you buy an sd-card - and 256 MB sd card is 49.99 after rebates
    I use Missing Sync from MarkSpace software that does exactly what you want on my Mac. Mounts the SD card right on the desktop and lets you drag/drop from it like any other drive.

I'm not sure if they have a Windows version available, but you might want to check and see.
    Scott
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Syncwizard does not solve my problem, however it is looks like a very cool program. I played with it a bit, and it allowed me to mount both the internal memory of the phone and the SD card. It does not even require any installation on the treo itself. Great for getting rid of hidden files on the internal memory.

Scott, it doesn't look like they make Missing Sync for windows. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried to mount your sd card on a windows machine using the software installed on the Treo? If it makes the Treo look like a standard removable drive it might work.