Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried on a previous post but no response so one more try
    OK I need a dual feature headsets that works!!
    Are there any?
    I am looking for a headset which can be used for the phone or audio books/MP3s.
    A quick search of the threads give me nothing but more questions It looks like everyone wants a review but there are no solid post on a Good Cheap dual action headset that's being used now. I don't wiant to go the radio Shack adapter mode,
    So if you have a products that you are actually using and works let us know.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I did the adaptor cable myself - about 10$ worse of parts from RadioShack - just a cable with a little switch that turns microphone(left chanel- tip) on or off
    actualy i did another cable with a switch and use it as a handsfree for my car too - it splits in to parts - left chanel goes to the external microphone through the small switch, right chanell goes to FM modulator or line in on the car's stereo (both L&R chanels of the modulator are fed from a Rigt chanel of the phone)
    If you don't want to use an adapter, then you can buy the HS Stereo headphones; they have the proper plug to fit in the Treo without an adapter. They work fine for listening to MP3s and for phone calls, which cut in during music if you are listening. Obviously, there is no mic or answer button, so you have to use the handset mic. Seems to work adequately, but does not allow you to put it in the case or pocket. Nobody seems to have created a working combo product with a mic and connect button in conjunction with stereo MP3 capability, as far as I know.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    if you cut a microphone wire and put a switch there (i used one from an old computer headset) it works in either mode base on the switch position -when it does not detect the microphone (switch off) then it sends all the sound to the headphone, when the switch is on in works as a regular headset. The only drawback is that if you listening to the mp3 and get a call at the same time, you have to flip the switch, then answer the call.
    BTW, I didn't cut the wire itself on the headset but but a small adapter with the switch between the phone and the headset - works fine for me.
    Originally posted by leonidm
    if you cut a microphone wire and put a switch there (i used one from an old computer headset) it works in either mode base on the switch position -when it does not detect the microphone (switch off) then it sends all the sound to the headphone, when the switch is on in works as a regular headset. The only drawback is that if you listening to the mp3 and get a call at the same time, you have to flip the switch, then answer the call.
    BTW, I didn't cut the wire itself on the headset but but a small adapter with the switch between the phone and the headset - works fine for me.
    I don't suppose you have a picture of this feat of engineering?
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    imagine simple extention cable:
    one 2.5mm male (goes to the treo) ,one 2.5 mm female (goes to the headset) , three lead wire - connecting both of them.

Now just cut the lead that goes from the tip and put a switch between the ends - solder the ends and isolate. When the switch is ON it's just an extention cable - when the switch is off id disconnects the microphone - treo doesn't sence it and thinks it's a headphones and sends all audio out through the jack.
    Gonna give it a try this weekend. Will let ya know.
  8.    #8  
    isn't there Some mfg. who can make a dual mode attachment so I don't have to have a chunk of soder and switches hanging from my head when I have the most advanced pda/phone devise avalible. Its like taking pictures of mars with a disposible camera
    Originally posted by lenman
    Its like taking pictures of mars with a disposible camera
    Actually the cameras we use on mars rovers are disposable arent they. We are not going to be retrieving them and reusing them.
    We have been keeping quiet on this as we do not like to make any announcement until we are sure we can keep our promise.

We are still not sure that it will be ready in the 3rd week of January but here it is:

http://pc-mobile.net/tr6aa.htm
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile
    We have been keeping quiet on this as we do not like to make any announcement until we are sure we can keep our promise.

We are still not sure that it will be ready in the 3rd week of January but here it is:

Can we get on a waiting or pre-order list? Looks perfect, and the price is right too!
    Originally posted by Alli

Can we get on a waiting or pre-order list? Looks perfect, and the price is right too!
    We never pre-order.
    When we release it, we make sure there is enough stock to meet anticipated order for immediate shipping.

Have just seen your page. I have a suggestion. If we use our own stereo headset with your switch, the wire is too long between the earbuds and the mike, and we'd have to lift the mike up close to our mouths. You've included a short mono earbud for use as headset. Why not just turn this short mono earbud into a short stereo headbud, or provide BOTH short mono and stereo headbuds. Then we wouldn't have to manually cut our favourite stereo earbuds short just so the mike will be at the vicinity of our mouths and not at our belt. Thanks.
    Originally posted by tuen

Have just seen your page. I have a suggestion. If we use our own stereo headset with your switch, the wire is too long between the earbuds and the mike, and we'd have to lift the mike up close to our mouths. You've included a short mono earbud for use as headset. Why not just turn this short mono earbud into a short stereo headbud, or provide BOTH short mono and stereo headbuds. Then we wouldn't have to manually cut our favourite stereo earbuds short just so the mike will be at the vicinity of our mouths and not at our belt. Thanks.
    The whole point of making an adapter is that you can use your own stereo headphone that you are satisfied with.
    To be honest, most of the headphones on the market (whether they are cheap or otherwise) cannot satisfy most people and we cannot provide/make any decent qualify headphones at reasonable price.
    We do realise that a short stereo headphone is ideal (we have been producing similar adapter for other PDA/phones for some time) but we must admit that is out of our capability.

We can make one but we will not for reason above.

We did make a short stereo headphone (we used the best available earbud speakers available) for the adapter used with Siemens SL45 2-3 years ago and had to give them away - also for above reason. So we know what we are talking about.
    Last edited by Pc-Mobile; 01/07/2004 at 09:29 PM.

The whole point of making an adapter is that you can use your own stereo headphone that you are satisfied with.
    To be honest, most of the headphones on the market (whether they are cheap or otherwise) cannot satisfy most people and we cannot provide/make any decent qualify headphones at reasonable price.
    Yes, that's a good point. I suppose I could just hitch the mike up (I see you've included a clip) and try and stuff the danglin wires somewhere. Will definitely consider getting this, if the shipping price to Singapore is not too high.
  16.    #16  
    I commend you for being the first to hit the streets and for that I for one will be the first to jump at it.
    I j ust hope the quality is good to great. because if it's no we all know it will be slammed here @ T Central.
    I'm still using the prototype pc-mobile sent me 2 months ago. it's not fully functioning but given that it was a prototype they threw together in less than one week I'm confident that the production version will be good.
  18.    #18  

Is it release yet? toe {foot tap; foot tap; foot tap}

bump
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    I am using the dual mode headset I got with the MP3 player from Ericsson (clip on to T68 etc). The sound quality is excellent (stereo) using PocketTunes. When I listen to music and a call comes in, it rings in the headset. It also rings in the headset when not playing music. The other party does not complain on the quality when using the headset. The only thing is that the answerbutton on the headstet does not work. Otherwise, perfectly OK. I had to file down the rim on the plug in order to get the plug to fit in the Treo. See attached picture. (The case is a Vaja Classic case).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by pacpac
    I am using the dual mode headset I got with the MP3 player from Ericsson (clip on to T68 etc). The sound quality is excellent (stereo) using PocketTunes. When I listen to music and a call comes in, it rings in the headset. It also rings in the headset when not playing music. The other party does not complain on the quality when using the headset. The only thing is that the answerbutton on the headstet does not work. Otherwise, perfectly OK. I had to file down the rim on the plug in order to get the plug to fit in the Treo. See attached picture. (The case is a Vaja Classic case).
    And the speaker really works on those headphones? Have you tried putting the Treo in your pocket while using them to make sure? It seems most of the stereo headphones only work for the listening part and the microphone part doesn't work at all, your voice is picked up by the handset.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast