Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I guess I don't understand the switch. I am absolutely in love with a pair of sony headphones that I use with my iPod and would love to use them as the headset for my T6. If I understand correctly I could be listening to audible and when a call comes in I can still answer it...if all this works what exactly is the switch for? Also...those of you who currently have one of these how does it work for you? I am concerned about tinnie sounds and poor voice quality.

Thanks and God Bless, <><
    mykul
    Originally posted by mykbol
    I guess I don't understand the switch. I am absolutely in love with a pair of sony headphones that I use with my iPod and would love to use them as the headset for my T6. If I understand correctly I could be listening to audible and when a call comes in I can still answer it...if all this works what exactly is the switch for? Also...those of you who currently have one of these how does it work for you? I am concerned about tinnie sounds and poor voice quality.

Thanks and God Bless, <><
    mykul
    the headphone to listen to music is different from the headphone you listen (mostly talk) to voice. The plugs are different.

you would have to switch back and forth depening on what you wanted to do.

what this switch does is let you do both with out having to switch between headphones.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    In other words, you have the switch in position 'A' listening to music. To hear / talk on the phone, you move the switch to position 'B'. When you're done with the call, you move the switch back to 'A' and continue listening to music.

And don't blame the headphone adapter. That's the way Handspring built the thing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It's not the listening but the microphone that's the problem. You can listen to voice calls or pocket tunes with either the high or low impedence ear buds / headphones. However, if you're using the high impedence headphones (or a high impedence earbud) the kind with 3 bands, you must speak into the microphone on the Treo itself, and you have to answer/hang up calls from the Treo rather than the switch on the cord. The adapter allows you to do both with one earpiece.
    Originally posted by greenlion
    Be careful this headset only includes one earbud! I was going to get one until I saw that. What is the point of having a dual headset if you can only listen to music in one ear? Maybe I am wrong here but it looks like you need a separate set of headphones to listen in stereo music. And then the mic would not even be near your mouth if you got a call. Am I missing something? It seems like they should include a short 2 bud set with the product to make it worthwhile.
    That point had been addressed/discussed many times and is included in the faq on our web site.
    Seems like a very large oversight by the Treo engineers to make it so difficult to listen to music and talk on the phone.
    EXACTLY !
    We first made such adapter of Siemens SL45 (phone with MP3) some 3 years ago and the headset can stop/resume MP3 and MP3 resumes after a call.

But NOT the Treo, nor can many of the PDA/phones we have made adapters for in the last year or so. Even Siemens' own high end SX1 has gone backwards - headset cannot control MP3, MP3 must be started manually on the phone after a call !

It makes the 3-year old SL45 still ahead of the recent bunch in some areas !!!
    http://pc-mobile.net
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123