Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The micropohone on the headset works fine.
    Originally posted by pacpac
    I am using the dual mode headset I got with the MP3 player from Ericsson (clip on to T68 etc). The sound quality is excellent (stereo) using PocketTunes. When I listen to music and a call comes in, it rings in the headset. It also rings in the headset when not playing music. The other party does not complain on the quality when using the headset. The only thing is that the answerbutton on the headstet does not work. Otherwise, perfectly OK. I had to file down the rim on the plug in order to get the plug to fit in the Treo. See attached picture. (The case is a Vaja Classic case).
    The microphone on the headset does not work. I tried this headset when I first got my Treo 600. Using the headset call someone to test. During the call with the headset, cover up the mic hole on the treo using your finger and then talk... the personal on the phone will not hear anything.
    Originally posted by paqmaster

The microphone on the headset does not work. I tried this headset when I first got my Treo 600. Using the headset call someone to test. During the call with the headset, cover up the mic hole on the treo using your finger and then talk... the personal on the phone will not hear anything.
    You are correct, the mic on the headset does not work.
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile

We never pre-order.
    When we release it, we make sure there is enough stock to meet anticipated order for immediate shipping.
    We have finalized the design and finished testing.
    Unfortunately, it is Chinese New Year and the factory has now closed down customery for the next 3 weeks.
    Before the close down we have managed to rush out a couple of dozen of production inits. Therefore we cannot officially release it until the factory resumes work in the 2nd week of February.
    We decided to release this limited number for orders now so that some of you have a chance and may be give your opinions for those who like to wait.
    It is available for order at the time of this post coming out. It will be stopped anytime.
    Please excuse if you have managed to make the order but are notified that it is no longer available because we receive the order usually at least a few hours after you place it because of the system.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Are you shipping that few dozen still? I may just try this out...

Jeff
    Originally posted by Mol
    I'm still using the prototype pc-mobile sent me 2 months ago. it's not fully functioning but given that it was a prototype they threw together in less than one week I'm confident that the production version will be good.
    Mol,

could you please confirm that the wires are fully intact?
    I used to use a similar retract/extend headset for my Tungsten W, and after a few weeks' retracting/extending the wires actually was torn apart due to the stress.

/Christopher
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile

We have finalized the design and finished testing.
    Unfortunately, it is Chinese New Year and the factory has now closed down customery for the next 3 weeks.
    Before the close down we have managed to rush out a couple of dozen of production inits. Therefore we cannot officially release it until the factory resumes work in the 2nd week of February.
    We decided to release this limited number for orders now so that some of you have a chance and may be give your opinions for those who like to wait.
    It is available for order at the time of this post coming out. It will be stopped anytime.
    Please excuse if you have managed to make the order but are notified that it is no longer available because we receive the order usually at least a few hours after you place it because of the system.
    We have already received quite a few orders which we believe were placed within a short time of the post appeared, by European customers obviously as it was their morning time. (US customers were still asleep!)
    We do not know how many orders have been placed so we have stopped it now and you can no longer order it.

Please wait for the final release in February.

We do not know how many more have placed the order until we start work tomorrow morning and we may have to disappoint quite a few (particulary USA customers because the European have beaten you to it). Please accept our apology if we have to cancel your order. (Credit card is never charged until orders are sent out).
    All orders placed and accepted (not cancelled) will be sent out on Tuesday Jan 20, just before our office close for a few days for Chinese New Year Holiday.
    Originally posted by grenness

I used to use a similar retract/extend headset for my Tungsten W, and after a few weeks' retracting/extending the wires actually was torn apart due to the stress.
    /Christopher
    Because only very thin wires can be used in the retracting spool, wear is natural.
  9.    #29  
    I ordered the headset today I was pretty lucky with the T600 so I hope my luck will contine.

thanks for the heads up I will post my review when it arrives.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Looks like I got lucky. I got confirmation of shipment this morning. Now let's just hope that the post office will accept a little signature note on my door since I already know there won't be anyone home to sign for it when it arrives. <sigh>

At any rate, should have it in about a week, and I'll let y'all know how it works!
    Originally posted by grenness

Mol,

/Christopher
    The prototype didn't have the retractable wires.
    Just received the TR6AA audio/headset adaptor for the Treo 600 from Pc-Mobile. (Sometimes there are advantages to living in Europe.)

So far, it works like a charm. The retractable functionality should be very handy. Now just have to find a decent pair of headphones -- any recommendations?

One problem I seem to have identified: with the headphones attached and in "phone mode", an incoming call will still cause the phone to ring (and not through the headset, even without music playing). Am I missing something here?
    Originally posted by Dagger
    Just received the TR6AA audio/headset adaptor for the Treo 600 from Pc-Mobile. (Sometimes there are advantages to living in Europe.)

So far, it works like a charm. The retractable functionality should be very handy. Now just have to find a decent pair of headphones -- any recommendations?

One problem I seem to have identified: with the headphones attached and in "phone mode", an incoming call will still cause the phone to ring (and not through the headset, even without music playing). Am I missing something here?
    The phone does ring through the headset but at reduced volume.
    That has to do with the phone. May be someone can find a way to get round it after playing with it.
  14.    #34  
    1st impression well made but I haven't used it much yet..It is not superior or extra special in appearance concidering the price.
    the mic is a bit tinny and the silver color clashes with my T6 case, black would have been my pref. but I knew this up front. The thing that bugs me the most is that it retracts from both sides so you can not just pull out the ear piece and leave the spooler clipped on to the phone this feature is what I really wanted. The retract moves smoothly but still gets tangle from time to time if you don't apply equal pressure when retracting.
    I love the fact that I can use my own choice if audio headsets.
    But a minor flaw is that the audio/phone switch is not marked so you have to learn which way to switch it to talk or play mp3.
    The plug fits perfect no trimming needed
    size is great, its very small compared to others I have seen.
    all in all I think there is an equally Cheaper choice. But maybe not with the option to choose your own headset and still keep the voice option.
    Thanks everyone for the reviews! Sounds like a nice accessory. However could someone please post some pics? TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well my headset arrived today, but needless to say the USPS wouldn't leave it despite the nice note I left on my front door. So sometime tomorrow afternoon between school and meetings I'll race to the post office and claim it. I am so looking forward to getting it!
    Picked up my dual-mode headset adapter today from the post office. It's not at all what I expected.

The first thing I noticed is that I can't simply plug in my old headset that I've been using with my Treo 600. It takes the larger plug from stereo headphones. I'd been planning on using the comfy single earbud headphone I'd found...but that's out the window now.

This does mean that it can now do the one thing that people seem to have wanted from other devices: you can use it to play over your car stereo. I have a cassette adapter that came with my Archos mp3 player, and it plugs beautifully into the PCM device. Pumping out of my car stereo, I couldn't tell I was listening to my Treo - the quality is excellent.

I agree with the others who say the fabrication itself seems cheap. By the same token, it's small and fits nicely into pocket or purse. Given the total length of the gizmo, it hardly seems worth bothering with the spool mechanism though. I'd be just as happy wrapping this up, it's too short to tangle.
  18.    #38  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Thanks everyone for the reviews! Sounds like a nice accessory. However could someone please post some pics? TIA...
    Not a real good picture but it shows the retract coil, inline mic and stuby earpeice wrapped around my baby T. The Stubby ear peice can be use for Audio or Phone by a small slider switch not shown.
    And the Stuby ear peice can be detached from the Mic allowing you to plug in any headset you want (almost).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #39  
    Even with the Sprint Upgrade the camera, the camera, the camera is JUNK! But its still kinda fun; here ya go anyway....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Be careful this headset only includes one earbud! I was going to get one until I saw that. What is the point of having a dual headset if you can only listen to music in one ear? Maybe I am wrong here but it looks like you need a separate set of headphones to listen in stereo music. And then the mic would not even be near your mouth if you got a call. Am I missing something? It seems like they should include a short 2 bud set with the product to make it worthwhile.

BTW I used to have the Samsung M100 and it handled this functionality perfectly. There were buttons on the headet that let you answer calls, play music, adjust volume, FF, voice dial, and it came with the phone. The music would even start playing again, after you pressed the hang up button.

Seems like a very large oversight by the Treo engineers to make it so difficult to listen to music and talk on the phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast