Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mk3cn4 wrote:
    I can just see it now, you call Sprint with this email as evidence, and they say "well, you made your phone act just like a computer, we didn't permit that, our form letters don't take that into consideration, and your phone didn't come from us with that ability. Sorry, now will that be cash or check?"

They could say that, but it would have no legal substance whatsoever. A Sprint CSR is not a judge. Nowhere in Sprint's TOS or in their customer relations correspondence is there an explicit or even implicit prohibition on high bandwith usage in general, or streaming media in particular, so why posit one when it's been resolutely denied by Sprint at every turn?

Mountains out of molehills indeed.
    Originally posted by pablosbrain
    Its officially available now...
    http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...alm/index.html
    Hi,

Sorry to crosspost but I installed this official Treo 600 version.

Sound seems better only my T6 does a soft reset after 70-80 sec play?

Anybody a clue?

Thanks,

Ton
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am not impressed with RealPlayer 10. I was going to use it just grab songs from the RealMusic Store and easily transfer to RealPlayer. I have previously bought CDs and converted them into MP3 then saved on my SD card. I was hoping to buy directly on the RealMusic store and immediately transer to the Treo with the PC software tool. No such luck.

I can play other songs from my SD card, but according to Real.com tech support, the Treo 600 version of RealPlayer 10 does not support playing songs in .rax (real audio) format!!

What a waste!

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by arh1000

I can play other songs from my SD card, but according to Real.com tech support, the Treo 600 version of RealPlayer 10 does not support playing songs in .rax (real audio) format!!

Real is wrong . I can definitely play *.rax stuff on the treo 600 real player. I bought a song for $0.10 (they were giving out 89 cent credits to the first 50,000 real music store registrants). Anyway, i can transfer that to my treo directly within realplayer on the PC, or i can just drag the protected rax file to the SD card using a card reader (AUDIO or RN_AUDIO directories). Either way, it shows up in the song list in the Treo600's Real player and is definitely playable.

What sucks is that it's encoded at 192 kbps, which you can't downconvert (without burning/re-ripping), so that the (copy-protected) song takes up more room on the SD card than is really necessary.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123